Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
If Microsoft were spying on you, they would be the worst spies in the world because you can read on their site about all the telemetry data they gather on ignorant braindead schmucks like yourself and ways of how to disable it.

This shows that they are great spies, doing it all in an open, convincing people that being spied on it's not a big deal are signs of spies extraordinaire .

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
If Microsoft were spying on you, they would be the worst spies in the world because you can read on their site about all the telemetry data they gather on ignorant braindead schmucks like yourself and ways of how to disable it.

This shows that they are great spies, doing it all in an open, convincing people that being spied on it's not a big deal are signs of spies extraordinaire .
image_large2

RangerOne

Literate
I have WL3 installed... but I can't be bothered to play for an hour and then replay everything again in 2 months. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doktor Best

Arcane
I have WL3 installed... but I can't be bothered to play for an hour and then replay everything again in 2 months. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Didnt you have to buy in for a hundred bucks or something for beta tier? Why did you do that if you dont want to play it?

RangerOne

Literate
Didnt you have to buy in for a hundred bucks or something for beta tier? Why did you do that if you dont want to play it?
That must be the alpha tier. Beta tier is 28 dollars and above.

The final game is being released in two months, so I'll play it then.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
So... what about the game?
It works on W7.
It has a party initiative and party turn. Like BG 3. AFAIR in W2 every party member had her own turn.
Six party members max (instead of seven as it was in W1 and W2).
Smart Ass skill is removed. Some other skills are renamed or removed. Some new are added.
There are perks which are tied only to skills.
There are quirks and biographies.
You create only two characters in the beginning. But then after the tutorial mission you can create more.
Graphics is good. Writing is edgy.
The atmosphere works for me.
Quests are so-so.
Gameplay-wise it's good enough.
I like W3's combat more than W2's even if I hate this party initiative/turn thing.
Skillchecks are now deterministic and fixed.
The inventory is shared.

getter77

Augur
Int/Cha seems as wildly ahead of the rest of the core stats(save Luck to an extent) as WL 2 at a glance---Cha perhaps even more vs 2's implementation. I guess it'll have to come down to the fine grain of skills and perks/quirks to avoid falling into the same build traps as WL 2 in the full release.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
How do you guys feel about the deterministic versus rolled skill checks? I'll admit to save scumming some skill checks in W2, but not that often. On the other hand, deterministic skill checks might make me hoard skill points until I know what the checks are, like in Age of Decadence. How does it feel in the game? Also, any more thoughts on character building? How does it feel compared to the original?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Deterministic feels better in the case of W2 and W3 comparison.

I've not played enough to talk about character building, but in W2, 3 of my 4 characters had similar combat abilities, except my skill guy. I think that W3 will be safer to make more varied builds.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm fine with deterministic checks. Be an adult, face what life gives you

oh wait, this is a game actually

yet somehow still fine with this

I don't have time in my life for reloading saves. A good game should still be interesting if you fail a check...

Pegultagol

Erudite
The IGN preview mentions that despite all the omnipresent white particle shader effects that threaten to slow my PC to a crawl, the weather and environment don't seem to be a factor in tactical nature of the game's battles. Now that can't be true, since in one earlier preview on Fig I read that snow in fact affect accuracy. I mean, with all the snow and blizzard, one would think that there'd be some survivalist elements where at least the shooting and movement are affected...I'm not asking for some mandatory hot cocoa chugging here.

Is it because it is in fact all snow and nothing but snow outside, that the shooting mechanics will not model any event not under extreme weather? How about battles that happen in the interior? Near source of fire?

I'm currently playing Jagged Alliance 2 and that game seems to have rain, storm, thunderstorm, dust storm, and snow that effect one's targeting, coupled with a day night cycle and climate ranges. And it was released over twenty years ago. Could I expect a little more environment modeling in a tactical turn based game set in snowy Colorado aside from pretty shaders and sounds, is it too much to ask?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:rage:

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/1198

Wasteland 3 Now Releasing August 28

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2020%2F03%2F31%2F806f1752-55f4-4f61-968d-0443de7dedd6

Greetings all,

As with most companies, we moved to a work-from-home environment some weeks ago, and that’s of course introduced new challenges that many of us throughout the world have been learning to manage. We’ve been excited to see the Wasteland 3 Beta so well received, but the reality is that with these new logistical challenges our release was going to be impacted.

We’re in a great position with both Microsoft and Deep Silver supporting our desire to ensure the game launches in the best possible circumstances, and to add a few extra months to ensure this is a stellar product on day one. With that, Wasteland 3’s new release date is August 28, 2020.

That’s time we’re putting into acting on Beta feedback and suggestions, optimization, polishing and refinements, and making sure we have an awesome co-op experience. We’re pouring our hearts into this game, and the last thing we want is to have anything but an amazing launch for a product we truly believe in.

We appreciate everyone’s excitement and continued support as we put a few more months into ensuring that on launch day Wasteland 3 is the experience you’ve been waiting for.

Thank you and stay safe,

Brian Fargo
Studio Head, inXile entertainment

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2020%2F03%2F31%2F8cadf17f-b3f6-42c1-9b15-ed8768fec50f

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom