Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Who could have seen this coming? :P I have no idea how coronavirus can suddenly cause a 2-3 month delay in a beta release that was scheduled to come out shortly, but hey.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2791655

Backer Beta release postponed to June

Ho there adventurers,

As you all know, the Backer Beta was set to come out in a few days. But as many of you are personally experiencing now, the international crisis is having damaging effects everywhere, and our studio has been no exception. We are projecting a delay of two to three months on the Beta, to somewhere between the 17th and 30th of June. But don’t worry! The game is coming along as quickly as we can make it, and the full release is on track.

This comes with one advantage though: while content for the beta is all in place, the delay will give us more time for refinement. We intend for the beta to be bug-free, and we have been going through a series of artistic upgrades to make our maps more beautiful. While we hadn’t planned on this delay, it does present an opportunity to iron out the wrinkles and release a better experience for our backers.

36a48ee2159ba7be3b332a9353fe7103_original.png

As an example of what we have been doing with visual upgrades, we wanted to show a house that our artists placed on one of the outdoor maps in the beta. We believe that small details are important to make the world of Yerengal come alive, right down to the roof tiles and windows of our buildings. Not to mention... there might be something worth investigating down in that cellar..?

af3579c9006bbb25c368711005281d09_original.png

A feature in the final game: Purify

We have another thing we would like to outline here: a game mechanic that we haven’t discussed before.

Deep in the wilds of Isilmerald, in hidden places, are items of great power. But not all of those items are safe to use. As Otto so unfortunately found out in our gameplay video, curses can affect otherwise useful items and cause great harm to those attempting to use them. But some NPCs may be able to Purify these objects, making them safe and beneficial to you and your party. In some special cases, there may even be quests to remove particularly vile magic from an item. Below is an image of a cursed lantern (used with the Brewing and Drying skill) before and after Purification.

390566af508da5148882656fd6e25707_original.png

Until next time, adventurers, stay safe. The Beta is on the way!

Last edited by a moderator:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Probably this game will be released during the next RPG renaissance era and, then, its UI will be an omage to the long forgotten gem of the genre, Pillars of Eternity. :smug:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Probably this game will be released during the next RPG renaissance era and, then, its UI will be an omage to the long forgotten gem of the genre, Pillars of Eternity. :smug:
Pillars is already enjoying a reevaluation due to the perceived heresy of BG3, so I don't think that corpse was buried long enough for it to be forgotten.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pillars is already enjoying a reevaluation due to the perceived heresy of BG3, so I don't think that corpse was buried long enough for it to be forgotten.
I can't wait for the Pillars of Eternity Retrospective Retrospective to start popping up.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Ah man, another delay. I, for one, am indubitably titillated for the eventual unsheathing of Penis of Enormity's spiritual sucksexor, Black Gaylord. Stop beating around the bush, boys, get your thumbs out of those assholes and apply some elbow lube. I think that's how you say it in English...

purpleblob

Savant
purpleblobToday at 4:51 PM
Hmm I thought you guys said corona won't impact demo release time

ImprobablePauseToday at 5:50 PM
@purpleblob I said it wouldn't affect things from my end... which it hasn't, the story, quests and dialogues are all in place.

purpleblobToday at 5:59 PM
Black Geyser will not be delayed by COVID-19! Or at least the writing and community management won't.
@ImprobablePause
[5:59 PM]
That's not what you said

ImprobablePauseToday at 5:59 PM
Right. The writing and community management aren't. Those are my department.

ImprobablePauseToday at 6:00 PM
I was under the impression we'd be on time with everything else, but other parts of the beta were delayed. Significantly, yes.

purpleblobToday at 6:00 PM
I'm just saying it aloud because the whole project is delayed by a year or so
[6:02 PM]
Early access to backer beta (est. Q1 2019)
[6:02 PM]
This is now end of Q1 2020

They will never get the game out at this rate.

Any news on Realms Beyond or is that going down drain as well?

Timeline: Combat Beta (mid of 2019), Early Access (end of 2019), Release (early 2020)

It looks like RB is even more delayed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom