Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The HADCOREZ are gonna shrug this off but I switched to "hurt me plenty" to try it out and you need to glory kill and chainsaw MUUUUUCH less. The ammo counts are the same but enemies die faster, and once you get a few weapons and upgrades suddenly you're chainsawing once a fight, if that. I feel like there's more ammo around in level 3 as well. You still lose health a lot, but obviously less, meaning less glory kills. Also the rune that makes glory kills faster is great, they really do go by quick. Much more into the game this way, and combat is still challenging enough to be engaging. Once you get used to the platforming it gets less annoying as well. Still prefer 2016 so far, but it's better.

I started playing it and I'm having fun, but it feels like the third part of a trilogy that I missed the second part of. I have no idea who the Sentinels are or why I'm talking to a ghost king on what's apparently their planet, I played Doom 2016 a month ago and there was no mention of them.

The sentinels or whatever were in 2016 a little bit. I remember all the ghost knights being in a circle and calling something down for you at one point, or something like that. I don't really know the lore because I haven't read the logs and shit, though. I just assume it was an old demon fighting order or something. Maybe I'll read them someday.

orcinator

Liturgist
It's not infinite, just 1 fuel regenerates and not fast enough so you can spam it. Takes maybe 15 seconds, which is a long ass time. It also only gives you enough to keep going.
Like fuck you can't, a complete refill of all your ammo every 30 seconds is more than enough. It's faster than the grenade which takes like 30 seconds to recharge.

Maybe they gutted the exploration so they could focus 100% on the combat. A stupid decision if true.
They had the resources to make all those cutscenes, fancy environments and the baby's first platfoming sections. The gutted exploration is what you get when you have AAA devs more concerned with epic vistas than making the levels fun to traverse.

sullynathan

Arcane

Is it me or are the glory kills more cartoony and less variety this time? I skipped to a bit where he gets the berserker pack and rips six imps apart and it's the same animation and it seems more comical than what it was in the 2016 version. And i don't know if it's all the shiny colors they added, but everything has this... pastel quality to it.

Something about the older glory kills taking too long so they made them just about cutting demons quickly.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
iu

iu

They'll just keep using Shit Gordon so don't even bother.

When I wrote a comment on ShillmanLives video saying that nuDoom music sucks I got replies like "YOU GOT SHIT TASTE GO BACK TO LISTENING TO BRITNEY SPEARS AND LADY GAGA IDIOT" so I guess fanboys think Mick Gordon is some kind of highly monocled composer for people of refined taste.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Gordon could have simply ripped off the original soundtrack and I would have probably liked the games more.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The problem with his music is that it is just as overcooked as the game. Maybe it works if you listen to it apart from the latter but while playing i don't even remember a single thing from it. It simply didn't complement the action.

JDR13

Arcane
I keep randomly using the flamethrower when there are no enemies around because I've played through half life, half life 2, episode 1, episode 2, black mesa, prospekt and hunt down the freeman to get ready for Alyx and my muscle memory keeps wanting to reload after large firefights lol

You actually played Hunt Down the Freeman? I heard that was literally one of the worst shooters ever made.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Like the first game, looks like this one has no level design. The art of level design, enemy and power-up placement, has been lost. These games are not Doom. But at least Bethesda generously released it for free, so I won't complain much about a free game.

sser

Arcane
Developer
The game's difficulty shitting down people's throats has me intrigued. Has that Denuvo program had any effect on FPS? I try to avoid games with it and saw they put it on this one for who knows what reason - seriously, what fucking scam is Denuvo running? Are they a money laundering company? That shit doesn't work at all and yet companies keep using them.

Seethe

Arbiter
The platforming in this game is shockingly bad. Too much of it, too many areas that look accessible are inaccessible. Too many gimmicks with the enemy weaknesses ruins the incentive to use various weapons on all enemies. Oh, I see a cacodemon. Oh, should I shoot it with with my shotgun? No. Should I shoot it with the plasma rifle? Nope. I will lobe a MOBA ability grenade in its mouth to trigger an instant gory kill. Over, and over, and over again.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
No, you are just some old fuck that can't get over how hardcore and badass this game is. Git gud loser. Doom 1 and 2 didn't even have jumping or mouse look.

iu

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom