Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am replaying the game for X time now and just running around exploring casually. I am curious at what is the lore of the toxic hearts in the exile territory.

I couldn't figure out if those were meant to be world hearts that were left unattended for too long and had "gone bad", or if that is actually the desired end state of the world heart once it's self sufficient -- since those areas are very lush and green.
Yeah,the game is filled with such small mysteries and hits at something hidden. Maybe the mana just wants to turn the world in to toxic swamp. Also the mage chick's quests was pretty interesting and look forward to being finished in the next ELEX.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
fucking what, the combat in this game is not anywhere near as bad as everyone i read made it out to be. Its completely serviceable once you turn off the retarded autolock. Better than skyrim or witcher 3 combat, albeit maybe not as pretty as the latter (who cares).

I maintain that the average gamer just gets buttblasted about not being able to spam mouse 1 to victory and makes up lies about games.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eh, I recently came back to Elex to finally finish it. I've found the combat... quite painful current year. Much worse then I remembered in fact.
I did suffer trough (well, I had a Munchkin character ready), but really hope the devs can improve it a ton in part 2.
Plus I pretty much had to rely on rotten tactics to win (super healing soups, spamming cleric temporal immortality while meleeing, decoy clones, drinking lots of energy drinks).
Playing another faction must be a nightmare....

... Unless you spam grenades I guess.

One of the main issues is that the combat system mainly supports (somewhat poorly but still) duels. Meanwhile you're facing ungodly hordes of enemies all the time...

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Eh, I recently came back to Elex to finally finish it. I've found the combat... quite painful current year. Much worse then I remembered in fact.
I did suffer trough (well, I had a Munchkin character ready), but really hope the devs can improve it a ton in part 2.
Plus I pretty much had to rely on rotten tactics to win (super healing soups, spamming cleric temporal immortality while meleeing, decoy clones, drinking lots of energy drinks).
Playing another faction must be a nightmare....

... Unless you spam grenades I guess.

One of the main issues is that the combat system mainly supports (somewhat poorly but still) duels. Meanwhile you're facing ungodly hordes of enemies all the time...

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
you have to turn off that retarded default autotarget shit to deal with multiple enemies. It still isnt easy, but then, its not supposed to be.

Terenty

Liturgist
You can roll, you can block, the hit boxes are perfectly fine, you can even use the jetpack in a tight spot.

Git gud in other words

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Gw2rdlv.png

Elder Scrolls: Redguard

:excellent:

Painmaster

Novice
Cool, but do they say anything about Elex 2?
No, basically they say they're going to announce their new game this year. Gamescom is mentioned but it's not sure if Gamescom is even happening this year.
Also work on their current game is not really delayed by the current crisis.

Jinn

Arcane
I don't speak Hitler, anything relevant in there?

From what I gathered from watching a bit with auto-translated subtitles, they're essentially saying that themselves and other members of the team are able to continue working from home without much hindrance at all. Typical kind of Covid-19 developer update we've been seeing lately.

Don't know what toro is referring to.

Deleted member 7219

Elex was on sale recently so I finally got around to buying it (the price was extortionate on release).

First impressions:

• Had to use an .ini config tweak to get rid of the fog shit that was all over everything
  • After doing that, the graphics seemed serviceable. Have everything on high with TLAA. I actually think previous PB games looked better, but I'm not a graphics fag when it comes to PB
  • So far it seems like PB are back to doing what they do best, no ridiculous story shit like there was in Risen 3 that made me uninstall and refund within the first 10 minutes
  • No stuttering, pretty well optimised it seems
  • Jetpack is glorious
  • Reminds me a lot of Gothic 3 and Risen, given that you can go anywhere you want right from the get go, and you can get wiped out by terrifying monsters if you're not careful
  • I got to the first town but I don't want to join up with a bunch of technophobes, so I'm going to try to find the guys who like technology, and if I can join up with the evil faction with the cool jet planes, even better

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Elex was on sale recently so I finally got around to buying it (the price was extortionate on release).

If you're not too far yet I HIGHLY recommend the Overhaul mod that changes some items and weapon stats around and brings many other welcome changes, since the OG balancing was pants-on-head retarded. The early phase was a combat-devoid adventure game and from the mid-game on it was a mind numbing roflstop devoid of any challenge.

I'm on my 2nd run now with the mod and so far it's a MUCH better experience.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom