Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Harthwain

Magister
ut anyway we're all going on very old information with this game. The gameplay footage in the OP is now almost a year old. Who knows how this game will look like by the time they're ready to show it again.
At this point I don't expect the fundamentals, that we have seen already, to be dramatically changed. They are most likely focusing on hunting bugs and making sure the game doesn't break when running.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
ut anyway we're all going on very old information with this game. The gameplay footage in the OP is now almost a year old. Who knows how this game will look like by the time they're ready to show it again.
At this point I don't expect the fundamentals, that we have seen already, to be dramatically changed. They are most likely focusing on hunting bugs and making sure the game doesn't break when running.
There is like 9 months till release,that is a lot of time for bug hunting.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In the last development update back in January, they said the plan was to be content-complete by summer. So yeah, I don't think they're just polishing and fixing bugs yet.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
In the last development update back in January, they said the plan was to be content-complete by summer. So yeah, I don't think they're just polishing and fixing bugs yet.
Summer in USA starts on the 1st of June and ends on 31th of August, so it sounds about right.

They probably wanted to avoid releasing the game at the same window of time as Cyberpunk 2077 too. I'd even go as far as to say that avoiding CP77 was their primary goal and "content quality assurance" is a convenient pretext for doing just that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

But the release date is set for December 31.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's March now. Going by their plan they have three more months to keep building the game, and it's likely that there will be further delays due to coronavirus etc.

The fact that there hasn't been a development update since January IMO suggests that the game is in a major transition and might look a bit different when they're done. If not for those silly Vein Pursuit videos this thread would have been completely dead.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's March now. Going by their plan they have three more months to keep building the game, and it's likely that there will be further delays due to coronavirus etc.

The fact that there hasn't been a development update since January IMO suggests that the game is in a major transition and might look a bit different when they're done.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Nigga learn to read...

eHytmKY.png

Harthwain

Magister
Nigga learn to read...

eHytmKY.png
Nice catch, but I am pretty sure it's a placeholder. Everywhere else the release date is unspecified "2020", so "December 31, 2020" falls right into that. It'll most likely change when they officially give us a concrete info about when the game releases.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nigga learn to read...

eHytmKY.png
Nice catch, but I am pretty sure it's a placeholder. Everywhere else the release date is unspecificed "2020", so "December 31, 2020" falls right into that. It'll most likely change when they officially give us a concrete info about when the game releases.
Most likely,still it is an official statement. So i will give it more validity than some blind predictions.

Wesp5

Arcane
Nosferatu might be added post-launch. Not sure what you're referring to about level design.

Wasn't it said somewhere that the two original clans left out for now will be in a free DLC? Which makes me wonder if this is something about the third person, because both Nosferatu uglyness and Gangrel warform don't really work great in first person...

Terenty

Liturgist
we want to give the Malkavians' representation of mental illness the respect and dignity it deserves in Bloodlines 2

I hope every mentally ill vampire who's gonna play the game will be able to appreciate the noble endeavour of Hardsuit Labs

ChildInTime

Learned
Their marketing department really needs to approve some new taking points, the "we respect mentally ill degenerates" is getting old.

jackofshadows

Magister
Dev Diary #10: These past months were about side-quests and traversal said:
Hello everyone!

February and March have been intense, for many reasons. Like many others in the US and around the world, the COVID-19 outbreak has changed how we work in the last few weeks. To help mitigate this unprecedented illness, our developers are all working from home. We have provided infrastructure and hardware support for that to happen, as well as provided more tools and procedures to help facilitate communication. The biggest challenge to us has been the separation. We shockingly like each other in this studio and have found it a little difficult not to be able to hang out during the week. But we also want to keep our developers and their families safe, so this is a small price to pay. The new working from home paradigm seems to be agreeing with people, and development is proceeding from the comfort of our own homes.

Speaking of which, we are seeing more and more of the game come together. On the road to “content complete” many features are getting locked including side quests, systems, and animations. We're getting to the point where the game you'll get to play at release is clearly recognizable through the construction dust.

Side quests are where you really get to meet the World of Darkness in Bloodlines 2, just like the first game. They're also one of the main rewards for stepping off the beaten path and exploring our version of Seattle. Most of our side-quests are written, scripted, and locked down in the game, and we are very excited to share them with you. The narrative design department has been hard at work making sure these side quests feel every bit as integral to the fabric of the game as the main quests.

The game grew in other ways as well. It always was central to our vision to make players feel like a vampire through gameplay. One side of it is to create this freedom in movements that a mere mortal could never experience. This led us to the decision to expand your baseline Thinblood abilities to traversal - you can use Chiropteran Glide, Mentalism Pull for specific objects or Nebulation through vents at any time, regardless of your primary Thinblood Discipline choice. We went through the game, particularly the hubs, and investigated all the ways we could make them even more exciting and seamless for you to use. These powers have been with us for a long time, and we can fully leverage their potential uses throughout all levels for puzzles, rewards, and perhaps some secrets for you to find.

We organized a mocap session in February, focusing on facial and dialogue animations. Our animation team has been polishing things like the feeding animations, combat, Discipline usage, and other vampire mainstays (no devs were hurt in the recording of this mocap session, proof in images).
d6a6ea540ea72ccfc896ab110b9572a861a9873a.jpg

Thanks for reading and stay safe!

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/532790/view/2092425894038214334

> Side quests are where you really get to meet the World of Darkness in Bloodlines 2, just like the first game.

Fuck, that is looks like a positive reframing from "the main quest will be all about ponies and rainbow".

Last edited by a moderator:

Wesp5

Arcane
One side of it is to create this freedom in movements that a mere mortal could never experience. This led us to the decision to expand your baseline Thinblood abilities to traversal - you can use Chiropteran Glide, Mentalism Pull for specific objects or Nebulation through vents at any time, regardless of your primary Thinblood Discipline choice.

Does this mean that you basically have all three Thinblood disciplines right from the start? If so you would really be a very powerfull Thinblood...

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
One side of it is to create this freedom in movements that a mere mortal could never experience. This led us to the decision to expand your baseline Thinblood abilities to traversal - you can use Chiropteran Glide, Mentalism Pull for specific objects or Nebulation through vents at any time, regardless of your primary Thinblood Discipline choice.

Does this mean that you basically have all three Thinblood disciplines right from the start? If so you would really be a very powerfull Thinblood...
Not necessarily. With access to many abilities, it's easy to spread yourself Thin.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

You have to select a primary discipline. I assume you don't get the second ability for the other two: https://rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=11138

ChildInTime

Learned
Well, from the gameplay standpoint it's great that you can use everything.

From the lore perspective - more like extrathiccblood than thinblood. We always knew the MC will be a super-special snowflake, but this is like hitting nails with bombs instead of a hammer at the first opportunity.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The MC was a mega-super-giga-snowflake in Bloodlines 1 too, but they were subtle about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom