Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gamedec now on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Anshar Studios; Gamedec

The Kickstarter campaign for Gamedec, the cyberpunk virtual world detective RPG from Anshar Studios based on the novels of Polish author Marcin Przybyłek, has gone live. Anshar have put together a rather straightforward pitch with a brief but thorough pitch video. There isn't any new information here that we didn't know already, but the video does offer a glimpse of Gamedec's third virtual world, which is clearly some sort of medieval fantasy roleplaying game.

The Kickstarter tiers are pretty nice. Right now you can get the game for just $20. All the tiers come with beta access, and there don't appear to be any exclusive in-game rewards at the higher ones. Anshar are looking to raise $50,000 towards Gamedec's development, which is entirely doable for a title with these sorts of production values, even if the campaign has flown completely under the radar. The game's estimated delivery date is December 2020, with the beta due out sometime in Q2 2020.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Backed for 20, why not. But does it even say anywhere why they need this 50K exactly? I'm assuming, by the way it looks, by them shooting for a beta launch in Q2, this thing's coming out no matter what, whether this campaign reaches the goal or not?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backed for 20, why not. But does it even say anywhere why they need this 50K exactly? I'm assuming, by the way it looks, by them shooting for a beta launch in Q2, this thing's coming out no matter what, whether this campaign reaches the goal or not?

Just this:

Why Kickstarter?

What is crucial for us, is to gather feedback about our project and to develop it according to community opinions. That is why we decided to reach out for community support. We were hoping you could help us make a great game! This Kickstarter campaign will have an additional impact on how much more we can add to the game before its release. Also, it will let us collect some extra funds to expand Gamedec further and add some additional features that we were always dreaming of.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Wow, 2 posts in a gamedec thread. Guys please keep it civil and tone it down.

Infinitron why do you shill for this game?

It's mediocre in all aspects and nobody really cares about it.

It will get funded but the requested amount is just "nothing" these days. If the game really depends on those 50k potatoes then maybe it's not worth developing.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Wow, 2 posts in a gamedec thread. Guys please keep it civil and tone it down.

Infinitron why do you shill for this game?

It's mediocre in all aspects and nobody really cares about it.

It will get funded but the requested amount is just "nothing" these days. If the game really depends on those 50k potatoes then maybe it's not worth developing.

PCGamesN has a succinct description of what should be this game's appeal:

That seems like the kind of thing Codexers should care about (Disco Elysium just won GOTY you know), so I'm making the call to devote some attention it. People do seem to have a low attention span these days - this isn't the only game that's falling between the cracks of the Baldur's Gate 3 thread's 500+ pages.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
50k looks like the game is almost done and just looking for extra exposure (which isn't bad right now - some bigger outlets reporting on it already for some months, including prestigeous magazine rpgcodex.net[NOT COM:argh:])

Wonder if there is some co-publishing company involved that forked out some money beforehand? (potentially from Polish stock market, keeping it hush for time being)?

Matt [Anshar Studios]

Anshar Studios
Developer
We're not on the stock market and we don't have an external investor who brought cash to the table and told us what to do ;) We know it's a hard time for a lot of people, also in Poland, but we decided to go with the campaign as planned.

No mention of DRM-free.

Devs are Polish... GOG is Polish... Make some calls, send some emails, sit down and hash out some kind of promotion for the game. Well, not now, with everything locked down - but if they wanted my dosh, that's what should have been done before the Kickstarter.

And even if GOG pulled their "too niche" bullshit (against the odds), Humble is always an option for DRM-free delivery if devs care about anything other than Steam.

I mean I get it - Steam dominates the market. But when asking for pledges, DRM-free is a bare minimum for me to even consider it.

All that said, the game does look interesting.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.

That seems like the kind of thing Codexers should care about (Disco Elysium just won GOTY you know), so I'm making the call to devote some attention it. People do seem to have a low attention span these days - this isn't the only game that's falling between the cracks of the Baldur's Gate 3 thread's 500+ pages.
I hope you are joking. Comparing Przybyłek's writing with Disco is just insulting. And comparing the game to CP2077 is downright delusional.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
We're not on the stock market and we don't have an external investor who brought cash to the table and told us what to do ;) We know it's a hard time for a lot of people, also in Poland, but we decided to go with the campaign as planned.

Please don't use Fallout's name in your promotional videos. It makes me sick.

Next time please don't use a ruined concept. I don't think you realize how ruined is the concept of virtual worlds. (thanks Obama Hollywood)

But if you actually want to implement this shit then make sure that you have at least one outstanding quest which makes use of the narrative context.

Remove the grinding from the game. Either you implement a RPG or a farming game. Don't be retarded. Don't pad missing content with time sinks. Be honest.

That being said, I don't think I will play your game even when released but I will support you just because maybe your next game will not be retarded.

This one is not salvageable in my opinion. It reeks of mediocrity. Prove me wrong.

Your $20.00 pledge brings this project one step closer to becoming a reality. If the project reaches its funding goal, your card will be charged on April 28, 2020. Check your email for more details.

Matt [Anshar Studios]

Anshar Studios
Developer

Remove the grinding from the game. Either you implement a RPG or a farming game. Don't be retarded.

What grinding are you referring to? If you're talking about the Harvest Time, it's an option - when you go into a virtual world [like Harvest Time or Twisted & Perverted] you might "go with the flow" and play the game as the rest of the players to unlock some additional info or just go with the case and don't care about the specific in-game interactions.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Remove the grinding from the game. Either you implement a RPG or a farming game. Don't be retarded.

What grinding are you referring to? If you're talking about the Harvest Time, it's an option - when you go into a virtual world [like Harvest Time or Twisted & Perverted] you might "go with the flow" and play the game as the rest of the players to unlock some additional info or just go with the case and don't care about the specific in-game interactions.

Yeah I was talking about Harvest Time. You did a pretty good job because the farming part looks like a real soulless farming simulator ... and, personally, I hate those and I cannot imagine exploring those "virtual" worlds.

It's just my opinion but try to keep the narrative as much as possible off the virtual worlds shit. Smart gimmicks in virtual reality are not really satisfying. You need an exceptionally good narrative to reach a larger audience.

Anyway, thanks for answering. Sorry for the abrasive tone. Good luck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom