Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Database of all turn-based games (600+) released or coming to Steam

Saint Scylla

Novice
I've created a monster. For reasons which are my own, I've built a massive database of PC turn-based games, released or upcoming. There's currently 600+ titles sorted by release date, genre, dev, country, price, reviews, metascore...

Enjoy and let me know if you have any feedback:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1efaRhN_Kv-FQodcb725PwHXP7_wVOehhRBvII2b9sS8/edit?usp=sharing

(yes, you'll have to click on a dodgy link from a first-time poster. A risky proposition.)

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is your goal to add games from outside Steam as well? Or is it something you update regularly based on what's on Steam?

Razzoriel

Genos Studios
Developer
Nice to be on the list. Trying to make it do with the quarantine and release for everyone next week.

Deleted Member 22431

I've created a monster. For reasons which are my own, I've built a massive database of PC turn-based games, released or upcoming. There's currently 600+ titles sorted by release date, genre, dev, country, price, reviews, metascore...

Enjoy and let me know if you have any feedback:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1efaRhN_Kv-FQodcb725PwHXP7_wVOehhRBvII2b9sS8/edit?usp=sharing

(yes, you'll have to click on a dodgy link from a first-time poster. A risky proposition.)
autism-clipart-characteristic-4.jpg

Saint Scylla

Novice
Is your goal to add games from outside Steam as well? Or is it something you update regularly based on what's on Steam?
Tracking all the releases on Itch, browser games, mobiles, home consoles, Switch etc would be a full time job. So why Steam? I manage a Steam community (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/tbtactics) where I post a weekly report of news regarding turn-based games: new releases, expansions, beta tests, new games just announced, etc. I've been doing it for years, putting together notes in different formats, until I realized that a spreadsheet with filters would work best to track "all" the games of the genre.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Digimon Story is not on the list.
Also the Avadon series.
Also Antihero.
Also Bedlam.
Also Cthulhu Saves Christmas.
Also Cthulhu Saves the World.
[...]

There are many more not on the list.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Maybe i asked this before but what is the codex review of the realms of arkania remake on steam. It was dirt cheap recently which might be an indicator.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Maybe i asked this before but what is the codex review of the realms of arkania remake on steam. It was dirt cheap recently which might be an indicator.

I don't know about the codex review if there is one but mine in short :

Don't inflict that to yourself, just play the original instead, the new engine is a real turd, exploration is mediocre/alright but the new tactical battle engine ... You don't ever come back from that ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom