Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I still wanna try that. I played X2 a lot years ago, I couldn't get into X3, tried it a few times. I want to try again with mods though. I am not interested in pew pew lazer battles, but I would love to build a space empire and then preferably fight a huge war with capitol ships or something. Someone recommended me some mods to do that but I figured I would wait for X4 instead. And now it sucks and I forgot the mods :P

Perkel

Arcane
I still wanna try that. I played X2 a lot years ago, I couldn't get into X3, tried it a few times. I want to try again with mods though. I am not interested in pew pew lazer battles, but I would love to build a space empire and then preferably fight a huge war with capitol ships or something. Someone recommended me some mods to do that but I figured I would wait for X4 instead. And now it sucks and I forgot the mods :P

Litecube is the most polished and user friendly and is #2nd when it comes to gameplay just after X-tended2.1
I think that what you do at start makes all the difference wen it comes to liking game or not. So pick trading start once you establish few traders running around you can then expand into military.

If you just pick fighting start you will get anihilated in fights you can't win as you don't know who you can mess with or you will just run out of money because running military cost money for repairs and restock.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Thanks that sounds good. I can't remember which mod but someone said the universe and enemies get stronger as you play so you have to be pretty quick or you can end up falling behind. I liked the sound of the mod but I didn't want to have to hurry.

tindrli

Arcane
The only alternative to X3 is only X3. I don't there is any other space sim that works as both strategy game and space sim.
Either way. Litecube Universe overhaul is still best thing since slice of bread especially when they fixed AI crashing completely.

I do prefer X-tended2.1 which is imho better but it is also way more finnicky and less polished and you have to sit around it make some stuff work like running Litecube AI crash fix scripts. But once it is all setup it is by far the best version of X3.
the only thing that i really miss comparing x3 with stasector is that cockpit view/navigation but fuck you cant have it all! ever. . the rest, starsector does it better of course no offense that's just my opinion

Perkel

Arcane
The only alternative to X3 is only X3. I don't there is any other space sim that works as both strategy game and space sim.
Either way. Litecube Universe overhaul is still best thing since slice of bread especially when they fixed AI crashing completely.

I do prefer X-tended2.1 which is imho better but it is also way more finnicky and less polished and you have to sit around it make some stuff work like running Litecube AI crash fix scripts. But once it is all setup it is by far the best version of X3.
the only thing that i really miss comparing x3 with stasector is that cockpit view/navigation but fuck you cant have it all! ever. . the rest, starsector does it better of course no offense that's just my opinion

There is actually mod that adds cockpits. Each faction has few versions of those but some ships share cockpits.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
@tindrii I'm having some problems in Starsector. After using some black market trading I have 2 million in the bank. The problem is, I don't know what to do next. The sensible step should be to 1) get a bigger fleet 2) start a colony.

The problem is, I can't get a flagship, and can't get reasonable income with any bigger fleet. The existing markets don't sell anything too impressive and fleet upkeep costs are killing me.

tindrli

Arcane
@tindrii I'm having some problems in Starsector. After using some black market trading I have 2 million in the bank. The problem is, I don't know what to do next. The sensible step should be to 1) get a bigger fleet 2) start a colony.

The problem is, I can't get a flagship, and can't get reasonable income with any bigger fleet. The existing markets don't sell anything too impressive and fleet upkeep costs are killing me.

Ii don't know what to say bro im still newbie. depends if you play Vanilla or modded. i play modded and right now i have 4 colonies in outer rims and im looking for more. i never started a war with any of fractions yet. now im trying to find those alpha and beta cores to fill up existing colonies. also im doing those IBB and other bounties trying to find perfect ships for my fleet. since i sux hard with manual combat im heavy relying on AI and yesterday i was able to defeat my first 3 star danger bounty hunter and im thinking of adding mod that adds more officers simply because i need my ships to listen me as soon as i give them command . i don't give a fuck if that would be OP coz im having a blast. Same as you i have problems with supplies and fuel but i think that's mandatory, currently im spending 17supplies and 150 fuel or more i have 2 atlas and one big fuel tanker and other 27 ships 5 of them are big battleships that use 50 to 60 per battle. also i changed that 30 ship limit that i can pick up more ships hulls to sell but i stick with 30 or less active ships . i need to activate more sleeping rings but im in doubt which ones to do. also there are hose remnant dormant survey derelicts that i still don't know if they are just there for cores or there are something more. in a short there are so many things that i can do that i don't know what to do first so i just enjoy it its weird but i don't get bored at all. somtimes i find my self for almost an hour in god damn simulator trying to figure out what weapons to use. currently if a weapon has les than 1 second to reload then its on my ship because for some dumb reason i think that if it fires fast it will kill it faster.. and i love the fact that when i think i can beat anything a bounty hunter appears that drops my jaw while i trying to escape. and i hate the fact that i cant spend 40 ordinance points on every capital battleship to have speed of 8+. sorry English is not my native.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion to be released on March 31st, 2020

We will significantly enlarge our current title X4: Foundations at the end of the month. Both the free 3.0 Update to X4: Foundations and its first expansion, X4: Split Vendetta, will be released on March 31st, 2020, giving space game enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to newly discover or revisit the biggest space sandbox this side of the galaxy!

0b471141e028c35af13383228f8dd654fdf1534d.png

3.0 Update introducing diplomatic missions: "A lever to move the world"
With the biggest update since the release of X4: Foundations, EGOSOFT extends its current title with the new storyline "A lever to move the world", introducing diplomatic missions.
In addition to a new unlockable game start and three new, stand-alone tutorial scenarios to welcome new pilots to the X universe, X4: Foundations players will also benefit from numerous new gameplay elements with the 3.0 Update. X4: Foundations will also receive French voice recordings for the first time.
The complete change log for the 3.0 Update includes more than 400 individual entries covering new features, weapons, sectors, improved gameplay elements, an upgraded user interface experience and many fixes. The full list is available in our forums.

2138d69e5836796af738fd479398fce0255763b7.png

Main Features:
  • New storyline, introducing diplomatic missions: "A lever to move the worlds"
  • New systems to discover, experience and conquer
  • Added French voice recordings
  • 3 new stand-alone tutorial scenarios including a flight school
  • New ships: Paranid Ares heavy fighter, Xenon T scout, Teladi Cormorant transporter
  • New unlockable game start
  • Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
  • Individual and group crew transfer
  • Configurable alert system
  • Ability to dock using a spacesuit
  • Policing options for player-owned space
  • Several new weapons
  • Improved graphics engine
  • Improved sound effects
  • Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station overview and Logbook
  • More control over drones and turrets
  • Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode
  • Oxygen display when player is in spacesuit
  • Search facility for Logbook
c6fe90fa3d3a8e52726fcb96828c58948dd1dbca.png

X4: Split Vendetta

X4: Split Vendetta is the next chapter in the X4: Foundations story. This is the first big expansion for X4: Foundations, which was released in November 2018 on PC. The expansion greatly increases the size of the universe and introduces two new Split family clans along with their economy, new ships, weapons and station modules.

Along with Update 3.0 to X4: Foundations, the X4: Split Vendetta expansion brings exciting new missions and adventures to the game. New game-starts allow an even more varied experience in the biggest sandbox this side of the galaxy! TRADE with the Split families or FIGHT against them; BUILD your own station designs based on the new modules, and THINK carefully on your path through the new diplomatic missions.

X4: Split Vendetta will be released on March 31st, 2020 ($14.99 / £12.49 / €14.99) and is the first of two expansions that will be automatically available to owners of the X4: Foundations Collector's Edition.
349cb735a3dcb3b0890926939666853e453770e4.png

Main Features:

• New story missions and adventures with two new Split family clans
    • Massive expansion of the universe
    • Exciting new Split weapon technology
    • Many new ships
    • Lots of new station modules

Perkel

Arcane
And full changelog of 3.0:

Version 3.00 Beta 8 HF1 (389558) - 2020-03-12
  • New Feature: Improved graphics engine to support new visual effects.
  • New Feature: Better sound effects.
  • New Feature: Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training.
  • New Feature: Configurable alert system.
  • New Feature: Individual and group crew transfer.
  • New Feature: Policing options for player-owned space.
  • New Feature: Ability to dock using a spacesuit directly.
  • New Feature: Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station Overview and Logbook.
  • New Feature: Improved target display and mission guidance.
  • New Feature: More control over drones and turrets.
  • New Feature: Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode.
  • [Beta 6] New Feature: Paranid Ares heavy fighter and Xenon T scout.
  • [Beta 6] New Feature: New unlockable gamestart.
  • [Beta 6] New Feature: Oxygen display when player is in spacesuit.
  • [Beta 6] New Feature: Search facility for Logbook.
  • Added tutorial gamestarts (Flight School, Combat Scenario and Advanced Gameplay).
  • Added new paint themes for player ships.
  • Added weapon mods that increase damage done to surface elements.
  • Added skill gains for crews opening lockboxes, exploring ships discovering stations and gates, and returning from ventures.
  • Added order parameter to forbid attacking ships from boosting.
  • Added option to arm/disarm turrets in ship interaction menu.
  • Added option to call stored ships to dock via its console.
  • Added option to (de)activate multiple deployables at once.
  • Added option to control the turret modes on stations.
  • Added option to rename fleets (formerly known as wings).
  • Added order to collect player-owned deployables.
  • Added shortcut to scan ships in scan mode.
  • Added drone modes to specify when defence drones launch.
  • Added Attack Capital Ships and Attack Fighters weapon modes.
  • Added Remove All Assignments option when multiple ships are selected on map.
  • Added more variations to existing missions.
  • Added support for dragging positions of all orders which show position information on map.
  • Added Distress Drones sent from ships attacked in friendly territory but far away from any stations, to report attacks to the police.
  • Added option to change player organisation name independently from player name.
  • Added option to focus map on object currently viewed in Info or Behaviour menu.
  • Added 'station' keyword to map search.
  • Added confirmation when entering space suit.
  • Added cursor movement, selection and delete features to text edit boxes.
  • Added options to invert emulated mouse cursor axes and mouse steering controls.
  • Added NPC skills and post/role to target monitor.
  • Added information about pilot's current command to Behaviour menu.
  • Added new Info tabs in map and updated layout.
  • Added ship type to Info menu for ships.
  • Added subordinate list to Info menu for ships and stations.
  • Added surface element hull status to loadout Info tab.
  • Added information about which factions produce ship to Info menu and Encyclopedia.
  • Added known production module overview per sector to Encyclopedia.
  • Added list of known illegal wares to the Encyclopedia entries of factions with police forces.
  • Added new-entry marker to individual Encyclopedia and Timeline entries.
  • Added information on which inventory items are obtainable via crafting to Encyclopedia.
  • Added option to hide statistics section in Logical Station Overview.
  • Added consumption and production numbers to storage nodes in Logical Station Overview.
  • Added Alert and News categories to Logbook.
  • Added option to export Logbook as tab-separated text file (use "/exportlogbook example.txt" in chat window, exports to game sub-folder of documents folder).
  • Added support for showing pages in Logbook thereby removing limit of 1000 entries that can be shown.
  • Added input icons in Controls menu and several other menus.
  • Added 'forcehmd' command line parameter for head tracking systems.
  • Added sound device selection option.
  • [Beta 2] Added option to sort saved games by name or date (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Added Request Docking Permission option to the interact menu of docking bays.
  • [Beta 2] Added limited drone mode settings to NPC-controlled ships in Info menu (new feature in 3.00)
  • [Beta 3] Added groups for organisation of squad subordinates.
  • [Beta 3] Added new assignments for fleet subordinates.
  • [Beta 3] Added Trade assignment for subordinates of fleet auxiliary ships.
  • [Beta 3] Added new mission bar pointing to changed mission objective.
  • [Beta 3] Added tooltips for cut-off ware names in Inventory menu.
  • [Beta 3] Added means to collapse inventory list in new Crew Info menu (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Added new icon for stations under construction.
  • [Beta 3] Added HUD icons to show what kind of missile is loaded in missile launcher.
  • [Beta 3] Added more suitable icons for service crew and marines.
  • [Beta 3] Added sound effect when aim-ahead indicator changes state (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Added option to move order positions up and down on map.
  • [Beta 4] Added visible capital ship geometry on map when zoomed in sufficiently.
  • [Beta 4] Added option to define multiple object classes and owners for player alerts (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Added option to install weapon mods on turret groups.
  • [Beta 4] Added option to filter player-owned trade offers on map.
  • [Beta 4] Added option to show faction colours instead of relation colours on map.
  • [Beta 4] Added option to give orders to currently-occupied player-owned ship in external view when not controlling that ship.
  • [Beta 4] Added confirmation when remapping controls for which there are conflicts.
  • [Beta 5] Added icon next to supply-related trade offers.
  • [Beta 5] Added station icons to Object List and Property Owned menus.
  • [Beta 5] Added faction colour to object icons in map menus if filter option is selected (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Added separate encyclopedia category for paint mods.
  • [Beta 5] Added ship statistics for turret and engine group shields, and turret damage output.
  • [Beta 5] Added option to hide statistics in Ship Configuration menu.
  • [Beta 5] Added option to map shortcuts to toggle turret arming and drone launching.
  • [Beta 5] Added flee option to interact menu of player-owned ships.
  • [Beta 5] Added Undo/Redo options to Ship Configuration menu.
  • [Beta 5] Added discount and commission information to Trade menu.
  • [Beta 5] Added interact menu option to arm/disarm turrets on multiple ships (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Added list of all known blueprints (and whether they are owned) to Encyclopedia.
  • [Beta 6] Added Destroy Station and Destroy Station Turret missions to War Subscriptions.
  • [Beta 6] Added Interact menu option to collect individual deployables.
  • [Beta 6] Added Accept Estimate options to Station Info menu and Logical Station Overview.
  • [Beta 6] Added Start Guidance to Object option to interact menu of drops.
  • [Beta 6] Added option to rename ships in Ship Config menu when building/upgrading.
  • [Beta 6] Added option to disable highlighting of other visiting players in map and radar.
  • [Beta 6] Added option to toggle selection lines in map (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Added possibility to confirm second ship upgrade if first upgrade finished while Ship Config menu was open.
  • [Beta 6] Added possibility to restrict individual factions from buying ships at player-owned shipyards and wharves.
  • [Beta 6] Added weapon group shortcuts to Controls Option menu.
  • [Beta 6] Added mouse-over text for ship order icons in Object List and Property Owned.
  • [Beta 6] Added option to opt out of some confirmation messages.
  • [Beta 6] Added race-based engine trail colours.
  • [Beta 6] Added medium quality option for Screen Space Reflections.
  • [Beta 6] Added chromatic aberration option.
  • [Beta 6] Added new sector-specific music.
  • [Beta 6] Added music to Player Headquarters reveal.
  • [Beta 7] Added mission offers to some NPCs on stations.
  • [Beta 7] Added currently-active weapon groups to Info menu including option to change them.
  • [Beta 7] Added option to set up default loadout levels for station modules per station.
  • [Beta 8] Added display of craftable amount of equipment mods in the mod overview
  • [Beta 8] Added more information about crew availability when purchasing or upgrading ships.
  • [Beta 8] Added hint information showing reason when docking request is not possible.
  • [Beta 8] Added options to Flee or Attack to conversation when acknowledging ship coming under attack.
  • [Beta 8] Added Attack Instead option to Flee override orders (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 8 HF1] Added French voice recordings (currently incomplete, work in progress).
  • Changed Bomber ship type designation to Gunboat.
  • [Beta 4] Changed faction colours to make them easier to distinguish.
  • [Beta 4] Changed glass properties to avoid excessive glare.
  • [Beta 5] Changed effect of UI scale slider to result in better UI scale behaviour at common resolutions, especially with wide resolutions.
  • [Beta 5] Changed faction colours of player and Teladi to make them easier to differentiate on map (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Changed default response for player-owned ships to finding lockboxes to Collect.
  • Removed loadout options from ship configuration menu at resupply ships.
  • Removed possibility to give new orders to ships without a pilot.
  • Removed restrictions for reassigning crew (via comm) on a single ship in space.
  • Removed 500m restriction for (de)activating deployables.
  • Removed Squad category from Logbook (merged with Upkeep category).
  • [Beta 3] Removed delay before trade offers update after changing offers for intermediate wares in LSO (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Removed drone mode support for stations (unintended change in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Removed countermeasure display in crosshair when player is in spacesuit.
  • [Beta 6] Removed the option to deploy consumables in highways.
  • [Beta 8] Removed target lines and ship info boxes on map for multi-selections to reduce visual clutter (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 8] Removed possibility to equip Xenon and Kha'ak equipment in Ship Comparison menu (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 8] Removed Flee Instead from override orders that are not Attack orders (new feature in 3.00).
  • Improved faction mine placement.
  • Improved trader deal selection and cargo space utilisation logic.
  • Improved fighter behaviour by preventing them using boost in combat if they have less than 50% shields.
  • Improved smuggler behaviour by adjusting wares traded in depending on what is illegal in their area of operation.
  • Improved Explore order behaviour and parameters.
  • Improved AI/autopilot collision avoidance when flying through asteroid fields.
  • Improved fleet coordination when moving through gates.
  • Improved several cases of shakiness when flying on autopilot.
  • Improved stability of drones undocking from capital ships.
  • Improved encounters by increasing distance from sector centre that system considers deep-space.
  • Improved character pathing on large dock areas to better take elevator distances into account.
  • Improved ammunition usage of stations when player is not present.
  • Improved transition from travel mode to docking by allowing ships to approach closer with travel mode active.
  • Improved automatic storage allocation when multiple different storage types (container, solid, liquid) are available.
  • Improved detection of gravidar contacts in remote sectors.
  • Improved information about licence requirements at blueprint trader and in Encyclopedia.
  • Improved visual consistency of building and recycling station modules.
  • Improved presentation of already-built modules in station Build menu by grouping by type.
  • Improved shopping list in ship Build menu.
  • Improved sorting of objects by name in Map.
  • Improved layout of Object List and Property Owned menus in Map to reduce text cut-off.
  • Improved visualisation of modes with charge time such as Travel Mode or SETA.
  • Improved Logbook timestamps to show how much time has passed since logbook entry.
  • Improved Save and Load menus.
  • Improved context menu header when using context menu while having other ships selected.
  • Improved subtitles by making them wider and preventing last lines from having only one word.
  • Improved support for gamepad text input overlay for Steam Big Picture mode.
  • Improved visibility of game hints.
  • [Beta 2] Improved behaviour of player-owned police ships to respond to distress calls where attacker is hostile to player (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Improved menu navigation with controller/keyboard in Player Information menu.
  • [Beta 2] Improved behaviour of fleeing ships.
  • [Beta 2] Improved chances of morale gain.
  • [Beta 4] Improved in-game tutorials.
  • [Beta 3] Improved mission reward scaling with faction relation.
  • [Beta 3] Improved Protect Station order to include protection of station construction sites.
  • [Beta 3] Improved visibility of current order icon in Object List and Property Owned menus.
  • [Beta 3] Improved brightness of lowlighted trade offer text to make it actually readable.
  • [Beta 3] Improved docking of pods used for crew transfer if multiple pods are required for the transfer (new feature in 3.0).
  • [Beta 4] Improved station construction display to only show lines to two closest compatible connections.
  • [Beta 4] Improved chance of mission rewards including mod parts or seminars at high faction relation levels.
  • [Beta 4] Improved layout of full crew list in Crew Info menu with sorting and context menu.
  • [Beta 4] Improved glow effect for ship and station lights.
  • [Beta 5] Improved some gate positions and orientations.
  • [Beta 5] Improved combat movement of capital ships with forward-mounted weapons.
  • [Beta 5] Improved behaviour of formations flying in travel mode.
  • [Beta 5] Improved weapon distribution among NPC ships.
  • [Beta 5] Improved balancing of defence modules by increasing hull value.
  • [Beta 5] Improved balancing of weapons and ships.
  • [Beta 5] Improved pricing and distribution of new weapons among factions (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Improved handling of docking defence drones set to escort when armed state is toggled (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Improved visibility of player-occupied object icon on map when using faction colours (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Improved logbook to show entries for player-owned ships being attacked or destroyed in red.
  • [Beta 5] Improved log message for received surplus, stating location instead of trader name.
  • [Beta 5] Improved target monitor display for construction sites and resource probes.
  • [Beta 5] Improved weapon aiming stability when time is accelerated and/or frame-rate is low.
  • [Beta 5] Improved performance in a number of situations.
  • [Beta 5] Improved Tobii support.
  • [Beta 6] Improved aiming accuracy of weapons and turrets.
  • [Beta 6] Improved low attention combat calculations.
  • [Beta 6] Improved cargo drone handling of crates that get destroyed.
  • [Beta 6] Improved Flight School tutorial especially when playing with gamepad (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Improved trigger conditions for station budget transfer upkeep missions.
  • [Beta 6] Improved suspense music behaviour to reduce interruptions to normal music.
  • [Beta 6] Improved sector-specific music behaviour to play more often.
  • [Beta 6] Improved visualisation of mission guidance on platforms (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6 HF1] Improved fighters attacking S or M ships in low attention.
  • [Beta 7] Improved handling of capital ships with no cargo drones trying to Get Supplies.
  • [Beta 7] Improved pirate balancing by reducing number of Scale Plate pirates.
  • [Beta 7] Improved crystal collection balancing by limiting number of valuable crystals on asteroids.
  • [Beta 7] Improved stations firing on targets in low attention.
  • [Beta 7] Improved map visualisation indicating whether filter layers are active or not.
  • [Beta 7] Improved order UI to better show and manage override orders (e.g. a response to a pirate attack or telling a ship to flee)
  • [Beta 7] Improved visibility of Oxygen indicator in the HUD (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Improved custom savegame naming behaviour.
  • [Beta 8] Improved display of active and total drone amounts in Object Info menu.
  • [Beta 8] Improved categorisation of missions and mission offers in map.
  • [Beta 8] Improved decision-making on responding to distress calls.
  • Fixed NPC-owned ships attached to fleets with resupply ship not preferring their designated resupply ship.
  • Fixed laser towers not being able to aim correctly against player ship.
  • Fixed ships failing to disengage when attacking target whose ownership changes due to being abandoned.
  • Fixed fighters continuing to fire forward-mounted guns while firing forward-mounted missiles.
  • Fixed docked ships firing their forward-mounted weapons.
  • Fixed rare case resulting in ships docked at wrecked platforms.
  • Fixed ships docking at stations always moving towards station's icon before moving to dock with some station setups.
  • Fixed ships' captains saying Awaiting Orders after attacking if their default order potentially leads to attack.
  • Fixed ships with turrets not stopping firing if they change ownership and their targets are no longer hostile.
  • Fixed ships no longer attacking after losing their commander while in formation.
  • Fixed another case of station-based drones not being recovered.
  • Fixed ships in combat not consuming ammunition when player is not present.
  • Fixed ships being able to be set to protect stations or ships that are hostile to them.
  • Fixed pirates inadvertently causing limited wars between NPC factions.
  • Fixed sector patrols only patrolling small area within sector.
  • Fixed police ships responding to their own distress calls.
  • Fixed escape pods attempting to look for stations in a highway.
  • Fixed escape pod behaviour to be consistent whether player is present or not.
  • Fixed mining ships mining in hostile territory.
  • Fixed excessive delays when ordering a ship to deploy deployables at a location.
  • Fixed behaviour of transport drones collecting crates for capital ships.
  • Fixed drones fleeing when attacked.
  • Fixed orphaned defence drones getting orders to patrol sector.
  • Fixed inactive satellites still uncovering space.
  • Fixed lasertowers launched by fleeing ships not shooting at their attacker.
  • Fixed dropped inventory/cargo crates that cannot be picked up by ship that dropped them due to missing collisions.
  • Fixed some Argon and Antigone ships not having crews.
  • Fixed Ion weapons doing damage to hull when player is not present.
  • Fixed EMP missile effects on travel mode and boost.
  • Fixed being able to claim ships by using EMP and repairing signal leak.
  • Fixed being able to unlock trade subscriptions at enemy stations.
  • Fixed subordinates of ships with docking facilities sometimes not responding to external events for excessive periods after having docked.
  • Fixed subordinates potentially waiting a long time if their commander moves into highway or through gate to different sector while in formation.
  • Fixed fighter escorts flying in formation not doing damage to their commander's target in combat when player is not present.
  • Fixed ships remaining subordinate to sold ships.
  • Fixed crew of ship that is personally piloted by player not getting skill gains.
  • Fixed mission to retrieve item from target ship not having an objective to return it.
  • Fixed mismatch between upkeep mission to give station managers more money and corresponding notification in message ticker.
  • Fixed budgets of player-owned stations changing when funds are transferred to or from station build storage.
  • Fixed player-owned shipyards and equipment docks that make no money from trades not sending surplus funds to player account.
  • Fixed station budget being incorrectly set when taking money from stations using Account Management menu.
  • Fixed funds on build storage and station accounts not being transferred back to player when objects are destroyed or removed.
  • Fixed changing assignments in order queue menu not changing behaviour.
  • Fixed station rooms changing doors when revisiting.
  • Fixed player facing wall after teleporting.
  • Fixed engines on Condor and Stork not being protected by shield generators (new ships only, fix for existing ships will be added in an upcoming build).
  • Fixed incorrect turret position on Magnetar.
  • Fixed missing faction logo and missing lights in transporter room on Nodan.
  • Fixed mirrored ID text on Plutus.
  • Fixed landing gear not being visible on Nodan and Quasar.
  • Fixed spotlights on Quasar not turning off after landing.
  • Fixed shield and hull values in Selected Objects section of map being calculated incorrectly.
  • Fixed Location and Object not being displayed in the Order Queue menu for one partner of a ware exchange.
  • Fixed Manage Funds option not opening correct information tab.
  • Fixed weapons in weapon panel being displayed as active in both weapon sets, while weapon is only active in either primary or secondary set.
  • Fixed build progress display for station modules that are being rebuilt.
  • Fixed missing objective progress visualisation in mission briefing context menu.
  • Fixed conversation with manager working for player not displaying correct options.
  • Fixed missing shield info for S and M ships in Encyclopedia.
  • Fixed Encyclopedia entries for star systems not showing description texts.
  • Fixed wrong inventory wares being marked as read.
  • Fixed appearance of pending upgrade warning.
  • Fixed turret mode dropdown options not being in intended order.
  • Fixed order of ships in the undock menu.
  • Fixed jumping column selection in order queue.
  • Fixed player name reverting to default if aborting renaming process.
  • Fixed cases of NPC occupation name not matching crew gender (e.g. Crewman vs Crewwoman).
  • Fixed formatting error in construction-related Logbook messages.
  • Fixed Numpad key bindings not working for first-person movement on platforms.
  • Fixed mouse cursor remaining visible after saving game in first-person mode.
  • Fixed rare cases of target elements not being displayed while they should and vice-versa.
  • Fixed various issues with mission guidance targets.
  • Fixed non-working subtitles during intro scenes when starting a new game through Start menu.
  • Fixed physics not working correctly in certain rooms until player enters.
  • Fixed very rare situation where ships could rapidly flicker between two positions.
  • Fixed Boost Toggle game option not working at all.
  • Fixed Pause key not working during text input.
  • Fixed issues when looking straight up or down in first person.
  • Fixed external target view sometimes incorrectly returning to cockpit.
  • Fixed broken voice playback when closing Timeline menu.
  • [Beta 2] Fixed claiming sector ownership not working. (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed ships in fleets whose fleet commander is fleet auxiliary ship or carrier not resupplying at their fleet commander.
  • [Beta 2] Fixed S and M ships with no subordinates not using highways when travelling to distant sectors along ring highway (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed non-capital ships sometimes getting stuck after using gates (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed ships docking at ships that change ownership to hostile not always aborting dock attempt.
  • [Beta 2] Fixed newly-built ships not detecting other objects (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed objects not being detected while inside a highway (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed missing new default paint themes for existing games (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed application of virtual seminars not consuming items (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed Accept Estimate button in station construction menu sometimes transferring large amounts of money to player account (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed ability to sell mandatory software upgrades.
  • [Beta 2] Fixed characters greeting the player repeatedly during a conversation.
  • [Beta 2] Fixed incorrect options on interact menu for player-owned ships without a pilot.
  • [Beta 2] Fixed station construction budget estimate not taking existing resources in build storage into account (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed station Info menu if the station has no operational modules yet (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed missing shield and turret options for M ships in ship comparison menu (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed missing deploy option in the loadout Info menu (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed construction drones missing in loadout Info menu (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed venture menu not showing venture ships (problem introduced in 3.00)
  • [Beta 2] Fixed new-entry marker on certain items in Encyclopedia not being removed when entry is read.
  • [Beta 2] Fixed most cases of achievements being granted during tutorial (problem introduced in 3.00)
  • [Beta 2] Fixed incorrect variation name for Teladi Cormorant (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed pink heads on certain Split characters (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed eyeballs floating above some NPCs' heads (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 2] Fixed strange shadows on some NPC's faces (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed spontaneously jumping to a different sector while flying around.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed some cases of ships or docking guidance going through geometry.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed undocking ships finding themselves far from the thing they were undocking from.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed Xenon wharves not being able to rebuild their build modules.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed frozen build modules that are otherwise fully operational (symptom fixed but cause not yet identified).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed intermediate products not being sold in automatic mode when stock levels exceed stations own need (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed sector ownership not transferring correctly when gifting certain stations to a faction (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed player-owned build storage no longer functioning because of missing manager.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed player-owned stations never preemptively firing on nearby hostile objects despite turrets being set to an attack option (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed ships with turrets continuing to fire on targets that they are trying to disable although targets are below hull threshold.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed police ships attacking attackers of object under investigation if investigated object proves to be hostile (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed ships recalling subordinates while in combat.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed boarding ships sometimes not launching boarding pods when they should.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed XS laser towers getting stuck on deployment.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed data vaults not visibly retaining their state when returned to later.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed crew exchange between two ships that are both already docked at the same ship or station (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed unlocking signal leaks sometimes not having an effect.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed some passengers standing around in the elevator after entering a ship (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed doors sometimes staying open when they should close.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed teleporter cabin door not opening reliably.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed sometimes not being able to target an NPC by pointing at the body.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed inability to re-scan previously-scanned ships that have returned to a covered state.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed excessive sector zoom on map.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed station icons or mission guidance sometimes ending up outside the sector hex on map.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed radius display of some orders and mission objectives on map being scaled incorrectly.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed newly-added resource regions not being reflected by hex colour on map.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed bomb launcher icon remaining greyed out even when activated (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed missing Redesign option for multiple ships in interact menu (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed not being able to reassign crew in Crew Info menu using tier-specific sliders (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed missing Promote best crewmember to Pilot/Captain option in Crew Info menu (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed Promote best crewmember to Pilot button crewmember in a state where they can't be reassigned.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed account management in Info menu for stations with no operational modules (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed equipment in Ship Comparison menu being in random order (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed Ship Configuration menu sometimes showing upgrades in wrong slots.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed menu crash when looking at Kha'ak ships in Ship Comparison menu (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed missing Interact menu when new mode text is very short (e.g. in non-alphabetic languages).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed Manage Plot menu not working after opening map with superhighway as current target.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed Ship Configuration menu not working any more after opening another menu via shortcut while its save loadout dialog was open.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed new-entry markers on certain items reappearing on loading a savegame (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3] Fixed trade context menu missing elements in certain situations.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed missing menu elements in Ship Configuration menu in certain resolutions.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed war rooms or guild offices sometimes using incorrect corridor for race.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed asymmetric turret layout on Odysseus.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed flickering monitors in Nemesis cockpit.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed visible spacesuit wreckage.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed intermittent short sounds in space.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed sounds of M Bolt Repeaters lasting too long.
  • [Beta 3 HF1] Fixed repair laser not working in Argon spacesuit (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3 HF1] Fixed not being able to move or rotate build plots (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3 HF1] Fixed ships and drones not being put into storage (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 3 HF1] Fixed missing text in subordinate group context menu (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Fixed ships sometimes failing to stop firing on former targets (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Fixed Kha'ak equipment being used by NPC ships and stations (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Fixed turrets doing very low damage when player is not present (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Fixed turrets from generated presets not being applied.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed new surface element damage weapon mods not being unlockable by research (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Fixed repair laser causing shield recharge to reset.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed patrolling ships getting distracted by empty station plots.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed fleet subordinates sometimes failing to dock at their fleet commander.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed trading ships blocking docking bay they just undocked from while working out which trades to do next.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed managers being mysteriously removed.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed build processes taking longer than they should.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed shipyards and equipment docks repairing all damaged components if only hull repairs are ordered.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed shipyards and equipment docks failing to repair wrecked surface elements.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed shipyards not processing queue if they are unable to build first queued ship.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed some subordinates getting lost after loading older savegames (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Fixed wrong class names in player alert interface (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Fixed launched defence drones getting assigned to subordinate groups (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Fixed inability to assign ships to trade for build storage (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4] Fixed possible duplicate rewards for board ship mission.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed double-clicking object in internal storage not correctly panning map to it.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed empty Ship Request menu in certain situations e.g. all external docks occupied.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed ships showing empty holes instead of docking bays in Ship Configuration menu.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed internally-stored subordinates sometimes not being listed in Object List.
  • [Beta 4] Fixed Ship Interactions menu not working in ultra-wide resolutions.
  • [Beta 4 HF1] Fixed duplicate entries in Object List (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4 HF1] Fixed interface for turret mods on S and M ships (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4 HF1] Fixed subordinates all being set to Defend on load (ships already incorrectly set to Defend must be changed manually) (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 4 HF2] Fixed turret group mods missing after loading a save (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed some cases where autopilot aborted prematurely.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed AI ships and autopilot sometimes aborting travel mode for no reason at all.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed ships sometimes warping to extreme distances when accidentally entering gate.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed boarding pods sometimes flying to random location before moving to their target.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed laser towers and mines deployed by player as part of mission not changing ownership.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed turrets sometimes shooting at targets that are not valid for their mode.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed collector drones failing to transfer inventory items collected to captain of launching ship (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed currently-deployed defence drones set to escort moving to dock if defence drones are armed (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed player-owned ships sometimes pursuing targets acquired while on long-distance movement to beyond their engagement area.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed boarding ships with turrets continuing to fire on boarding target below hull threshold in retaliation to being fired upon.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed long-term deadlock caused by capital ships restocking at fleet auxiliary ships that do not have enough resources.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed fleet subordinates waiting indefinitely for commander to cross gate that commander no longer intends to cross (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed fleets getting stuck after going through gates in some cases if fleet commander is attacking target in distant sector (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed ships waiting a very long time for subordinates to dock when they have already done so.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed assigned ships not being able to be manually ordered to trade with build storage of new stations.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed non-player-owned ships never trying to shoot at missiles.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed Behemoth not being able to equip L-sized missile turrets.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed launch tubes of Nomad resupply ship.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed cases of large red walls appearing inside some corridors.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed Ion weapons requiring only general use equipment licence.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed very long stations (usually those whose station icon is at one end) sometimes not firing upon targets.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed item traders on player-owned stations sometimes not appearing or always being Scale Plate Pact.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed some ships not uncovering map.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed best marines of a specified rank sometimes not being selected for boarding operations.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed managers and ship traders on player-owned stations sometimes being missing from rooms.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed case of invisible NPCs on stations.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed player-owned stations seeming to transfer 0 Credits to player account.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed station modules sometimes not repairing to 100%.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed Trading Stations not being rebuilt.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed workforce providing full efficiency bonus when workforce capacity was maxed out regardless of optimal workforce requirements.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed discrepancies in boarding strength and marine numbers when ships marines are launched from are destroyed or removed from an ongoing boarding operation.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed crew transfer failing between two ships docked at different dock areas at same station (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed crew transfer using boarding pods in one direction and escape pods in other (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed signal leaks appearing on Kha'ak/Xenon stations.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed some interior doors opening into empty space.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed game starts not being unlocked during story-line.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed switching subordinate group Launched/Docked status using Loadout tab of commander Info Menu not doing anything (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed Show Ship Details comm option not showing Info menu when conversation was started from map.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed missing weapon aim indicators for certain weapons (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed weapon aim indicators not being visible when cockpit rendering is turned off.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed weapon aim indicators sometimes being much too large.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed default order not being shown on map if there are no other orders.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed undamaged hull values on ships with hull mods sometimes showing as 99%.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed wrecked stations being listed in Object List and Property Owned.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed wrecks on map not turning grey when faction colours are enabled (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed station modules being listed under engine category in Encyclopedia (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed map pan stuck to mouse cursor in certain situations (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 5] Fixed floating capital ship bridges in Ship Configuration menu.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed missing station module info in Station Build menu.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed wrong tool tip for buy offer amounts in Logical Station Overview.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed incorrect number of owned ships in Statistics menu.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed missing text when hiring builder with insufficient funds.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed incorrect buy/sell amounts for products and resources that used to be trade wares.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed incorrect results and menu crashes when using sliders for crew tiers when upgrading ships.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed menu crash when accessing some context menus in ultra-wide resolutions.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed menu crash in Logical Station Overview when building production for wares that used to be trade wares.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed menu crash in Ship Configuration menu under certain circumstances.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed sound problems with beam weapons.
  • [Beta 5] Fixed sounds of some weapons starting too early if fired after overheating.
  • [Beta 5 HF1] Fixed L-sized turrets firing bullets belonging to destroyer primary weapons.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed message about missing Builder ship from Station Build menu if no Builder ship actually needed.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed stations with automatic unit settings sometimes dismantling units and working with a reduced amount.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed ships sometimes ignoring certain highways for in-sector travel.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed subordinates set to Docked sometimes responding to attacks directed at other members of their fleet but not at them (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Fixed fleet subordinates set to Docked getting stuck trying to dock when docking not possible (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Fixed displayed speed being too low in some highways.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed weapons not properly activating or deactivating when assigned to both primary and secondary groups.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed ships doing damage with forward-mounted weapons to targets not in front of them when in low attention.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed attacking capital ships getting distracted by attacking fighters.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed stations not ordering components to build turrets if no other module changes are made.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed docked ship that player just relinquished control of waiting for player to tell it to proceed even if ship's current order does not require it to undock.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed subordinates in a subordinate group set to Docked not docking (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Fixed potential cause of friendly NPC factions attacking each other due to accidental friendly fire.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed cases where NPCs assigned to objects do not arrive and remain missing.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed upkeep missions to assign crew not completing until crew take control.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed pirates hacking station storage not reacting to cover being blown or station being destroyed.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed cargo drones failing to transfer inventory items in collected crates to their drone commander's captain.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed capital ships doing little or no damage in low attention under certain conditions.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed more cases of ships ending up very far from the centre of their sector.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed several cases of docking guidance going through station geometry.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed docking guidance not being visible when loading a savegame.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed various issues with mission guidance on stations.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed case where player ship could suddenly change rotation when opening map.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed info menu failing to load if viewing a ship that has more cargo stored than it has storage space for.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed Station Build menu only showing first digit of number of modules (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Fixed missing error colours in the shopping list for ship upgrades (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Fixed another case of map getting stuck to cursor (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Fixed repeated voice lines when talking to the flight instructor several times (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6] Fixed savegame names not auto-generating correct location name after overwriting a save once (existing savegames will not be fixed automatically).
  • [Beta 6] Fixed wrong blueprint error in Ship Build menu after returning from encyclopedia.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed Ship Interactions menu not working in certain circumstances.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed cases where text could be stuck on screen in first person mode.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed cases where crosshair was missing in first person person mode.
  • [Beta 6] Fixed silent failure when saving very large savegames.
  • [Beta 6 HF1] Fixed beam weapons passing through targets (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6 HF1] Fixed interacting with ship consoles on player-owned ships displaying the wrong mode of the interact menu (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 6 HF1] Fixed ships doing no damage to targets that have just started boosting in low attention.
  • [Beta 6 HF1] Fixed selecting similar objects with double-clicks on the map.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed Match Speed remaining enabled when activating travel mode.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed weapons not properly activating or deactivating when assigned to both primary and secondary groups.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed ships failing to collect drones in crates.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed fired NPCs not disembarking their previous ship if able.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed player-owned ships executing Explore order ignoring player-set policy in response to finding lockboxes.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed fleet commanders recalling subordinates that are not escorting them before moving a long distance (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed members of docked subordinate groups assigned to Attack ignoring Docked setting (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed subordinates taken over by player returning to wrong subordinate group when released (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed inability to change assignments of ships subordinate to ships that already had ten groups assigned (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed ships ordered to stop by police stopping even if they had previously received a preceding order that took them to a different sector.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed pirates trying to steal from other pirates belonging to the same faction.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed guidance to ships inside local highways while the player is on capital ship.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed some mass traffic not appearing around stations of certain factions.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed missing criminal traffic in Destroy Criminal Traffic missions.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed shortage of Xenon T after the first wave is destroyed (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed flight school getting stuck if player installs upgrade (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed missing Interact menu option to collect individual drops (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed missing new assignment options in Behaviour menu (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed station plan menu sometimes not showing resources for surface elements.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed inconsistent Interact menu when selecting objects which you cannot give orders to on map.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed interacting with ship consoles on player-owned ships displaying wrong mode of Interact menu (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed positioning of blinking question mark icons on map.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed incorrect text sizes on map when using aspect ratios other than 16:9.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed map selecting similar objects on double click (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed map selecting similar objects in whole universe instead of just visible ones (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed missile turrets listed in Turret category of the encyclopedia.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed broken Ship Interactions menu in rare circumstances.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed docking UI staying on screen if docking is no longer possible due to relation loss.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed Info menu in map for ships under construction.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed another case of map getting stuck to mouse cursor (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed menu crash in the Ship Behaviour menu under certain circumstances.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed missing target arrow if object is directly behind player.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed ship hull prices which had inadvertently been changed (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed more mission guidance issues on station (problem introduced in 3.00)
  • [Beta 7] Fixed HQ research module name for new unlockable gamestart (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed equipment mods gaining extra properties when saving and reloading.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed shield position on Ares (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7] Fixed shield position on Behemoth.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed missing windshield collision on Buzzard.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed alignment of docks on Atlas in ship upgrade menu.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed missing texture on Argon Trading Station wreck.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed AI ships often being too loud.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed some sounds not being audible.
  • [Beta 7 HF1] Fixed inability to give Attack order via map Interact menu (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 7 HF1] Fixed back behaviour in Map and Player Information menu (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 8] Fixed Nodan not reliably being able to pick up creates or be hit by enemies.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed Atlas dock being in a wrong position in ship buy/upgrade menu.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed some S-sized fighters not having any weapons.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed ships with turrets being able to shoot docked ships in low attention.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed player-owned ships claiming credit for finding lockboxes that the player had directed other player-owned ships to collect.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed stations sometimes reporting friendly ships attacking hostile ships.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed ships fleeing from pirate or police ships sometimes fleeing towards their attacker.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed visitor ships sometimes already having enemies when they only just arrived.
  • [Beta 8 HF1] Fixed factions not setting a new HQ with representative if their HQ was destroyed (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 8] Fixed non-subordinate ships not reacting to attacks (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 8] Fixed mission guidance to docked ships on docking bays (problem introduced in 3.00).
  • [Beta 8] Fixed broken docking UI when flying a capital ship that has dock connection on side.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed map search strings not being removed in certain resolutions and UI scale settings.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed quicksave and autosave affecting default save names (new feature in 3.00).
  • [Beta 8] Fixed signal leak hints sometimes missing and the first hint only being displayed for 2 seconds.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed broken Ship Interactions menu in rare circumstances.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed missing option to confirm trades if using Ctrl-RMB to initiate a trade.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed camera problems when talking to an NPC while the framerate is very low.
  • Fixed short freeze when opening the station build menu in some cases.
  • Fixed very rare freeze condition.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed causes of several performance issues in specific circumstances.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed regular pauses under certain Linux configurations.
  • [Beta 7] Fixed startup issues on certain Linux distributions.
  • [Beta 3] Fixed several causes of minor memory leaks.
  • [Beta 8] Fixed several causes of crashes.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Well no one knows how big is expansion. We know only that there will be two split factions and they add to old factions 3 ships. What ships split have, how many sectors they will add etc. is unknown. They say "massive".

I would wait first for expansion to come out.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

On Win7, this is awesome: https://www.moddb.com/mods/mikhail-skatchkov/

On Win10, this is it's successor: https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-lu-swlu and the universe gets harder.

If you find the game too long, I highly recommend the Salvage Command Suite: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223882 I think the author is just on the point of overhauling the whole thing. The only complaint I have with that mod is that it makes the game too easy with too many salvage ships - and they get too repetitive. If he fixes that, or the option works to turn them off, there's another mod that randomizes the salvage ships much more better (I don't have the link) but it was called : Abandoned Ship Spawner V83.spk

I happened to love the salvage approach, but playing this game with Star Wars is a highlight in gaming. The original author is working on X4 as well. :incline:

cw8

Cipher
They added a new story campaign for the Split expansion? Is it as long as the campaigns in X3?

Perkel

Arcane
They added a new story campaign for the Split expansion? Is it as long as the campaigns in X3?

Yeah they said something like that. I assume it is tied to mother-base you get as mother-base also got overhaul with its tech tree.
I wouldn't be hoping for long campaign though.

Perkel

Arcane
Lol i bought myself a miner ship changing from my first ship and by mistake i got on some dude ship and he just flown away. I got ejected myself middle of flight out in nowhere then call my first ship (since it is faster) to me. Turns out that he wouldn't just come closer than 1km away. So i had to fly to it with measly 3-4m/s for few minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom