Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Random FF factoid, here is a picture of the voice-actress of FF12's Fran:
fran-final-fantasy-xii-12.9_thumb.jpg

MV5BNDkzODA2NzMzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTYzMzQzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Coincidentally she also happened to do an excellent job voicing the character as well.

Deleted member 7219

I don’t really care how pretty the characters look but I have to say I laughed out loud when I saw they were keeping Cloud’s sword the same. It looks fucking ridiculous. He should not be able to lift that thing.

It’s even funnier when playing the demo - he’s running around with a character who has bigger muscles than Arnie in his prime, he’d probably be able to lift the thing, but not stick insect pretty boy Cloud.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I don’t really care how pretty the characters look but I have to say I laughed out loud when I saw they were keeping Cloud’s sword the same. It looks fucking ridiculous. He should not be able to lift that thing.

It’s even funnier when playing the demo - he’s running around with a character who has bigger muscles than Arnie in his prime, he’d probably be able to lift the thing, but not stick insect pretty boy Cloud.
Also he can shoot fire from his hands? What the fuck japen.

Melcar

Arcane

SOLDIER members (even the recruits and the dudes in training) get infused with Mako energy. Basically those guys are on roids all the time.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'd honestly guess that you could throw in the original soundtrack as it is over the Remake and it'd slot right in.
e.

This surely has to be the Day 1 mod.

I don't really blame them for this particular failure, though. It's hard to replace Nobuo Uematsu.

Even he couldn't manage it, dude basically plagiarised himself over and over again because how many times can you make a brilliant RPG soundtrack every single year

Vatnik Wumao

SOLDIER members (even the recruits and the dudes in training) get infused with Mako energy. Basically those guys are on roids all the time.

Then why does Barrett have higher physical stats than Cloud in the original game?

Damned Registrations

Then why does Barrett have higher physical stats than Cloud in the original game?
Because his stats influence his damage and don't represent literal strength? It's almost like it's a game or something. Cloud has better strength anyways cause he's OP.

Vatnik Wumao
No. I remember Barrett being really min maxed. He has the best raw physical stats, even better than Cloud's but its coupled with the absolute worst magic stats of all the companions. Cloud has the best overall stats. He has no real weaknesses and his growth is fairly even.

Duraframe300

Arcane

What are you guys even talking about?

Cloud was never in Soldier. He got rejected on application. He was an infantryman the likes of which you dispatch to the thousands.
He does get roided up (+hefty dose of Jenova cells), but that is involuntary post-Nibelheim and instead of it strengthening him as much as others he gets downright poisoned by it.

His abilities in general are a mindfuck though since technically he adapts Zack's abilities along with the memory transfer pre-FF7

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

No. I remember Barrett being really min maxed. He has the best raw physical stats, even better than Cloud's but its coupled with the absolute worst magic stats of all the companions. Cloud has the best overall stats. He has no real weaknesses and his growth is fairly even.
He has the best vitality and second best strength stat. Cloud has the best strength and the second best in pretty much every other stat. You probably remember him having lower str because you filled him with more magic materia.

And again, the stats don't really matter. Barret's strength determines how much damage his GUN does. The gun with infinite ammo that he needs to aim from the fucking elbow because he has no wrist. Cloud's giant sword might be hollow or enchanted with some antigravity shit for all we know. The dumbest thing about it is that there's a different version of it for sale in every village the party runs across. Along with a different gun-arm prosthetic.

Melcar

Arcane
Cloud had the best stat progression so would often simply be the best. You could really just use Cloud for most of the main game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
He has the best vitality and second best strength stat. Cloud has the best strength and the second best in pretty much every other stat. You probably remember him having lower str because you filled him with more magic materia.

And again, the stats don't really matter. Barret's strength determines how much damage his GUN does. The gun with infinite ammo that he needs to aim from the fucking elbow because he has no wrist. Cloud's giant sword might be hollow or enchanted with some antigravity shit for all we know. The dumbest thing about it is that there's a different version of it for sale in every village the party runs across. Along with a different gun-arm prosthetic.
I honestly don't think we should even try and think of how Cloud's sword works. Final Fantasy 7 always followed rules of anime rather than laws of physics. You honestly wouldn't want to go full midichlorian with anything.

Ash

Arcane
I wonder, of those pre-orders, how many are aware it's NOT the full game. It's certainly not clear that it's episodic. I specifically looked for this information after I completed the demo and it links you to the store to pre-order, and I only found it stated in the game's description page. It even says "Pre-order FULL GAME".

Fuck you Square Enix you soulless low life assholes.

It should be called "FF7 Re-imagining Part 1".

Now, I believe someone mentioned how they're bloating Midgar?

final-fantasy-vii-remake-side-quests-materia.original.jpg

MMO style side quests that you get from some kid who is apparently Professor Hojo's assistant. Genius content to "improve" the game. Bravo devs. Bringing outdated game design up to modern standards.

Always be sceptical of some shitlord with a marketing degree. Wouldn't be surprised if the pre-orders are average for a modern game and he's just saying that to manufacture hype. Hype is everything for these multi-million dollar investments.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Eh, that specific example isn't a bad one though. Having to backtrack to perform some menial task is an annoying sidequest. But this doesn't specify particular enemies, so you can do it while moving forward. The only thing 'MMO' about it is the fact that it's got an interface, which is hardly a bad thing. FF7 had far more tedious and retarded sidequests than this. Hopefully fort condor doesn't suck this time around.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
the possibility of investing energy into 13-2

I guess it was decent compared to FF13 but I would say FF13 had better party members. In FF13-2 you are stuck with Sarah (okay) some prick (bad) and the third slot is a monster you pokemon collect (gay).

FF 13-2 had a system where you could sorta specialize (strength or magic) so that was neat. I really disliked the pokemon third character though, especially since all the really cool ones were gated as DLC.

I remember it was really easy to get all achievements, at the end I noticed I had only 2-3 missing and got them all for the hell of it.

The dude in your party had stupid-looking weapons. Not the end of the world but when you're staring at it for 50 hours... yeah. Annoying.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
In FF13 you are stuck with Sarah (okay) some prick (bad) and the third slot is a monster you pokemon collect (gay).

Didn't know that. Hmm... sounds boring.

You are able to customize each charachter more than you did in XIII, though. Prime example is the pokemon/monster companion here. Ranging from an ok supplier of an additional role to veritable god of death motherfucker depending on how you set him up.

RangerOne

Literate
FF7R has real time (with pause) combat and "classic mode" is the easiest difficulty setting? Squeenix is trolling fans hard after they begged for a turn-based combat mode. :lol:

Regardless, the game looks awesome, so I am really looking forward to it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
lost interest when they said it wouldn't be tb so stopped following, but randomly saw an update about it on fextralife. only doing midgar is just... why will anyone be buying this

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom