Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Tigranes

Arcane
It'll be shittier gameplay with a myriad of questionable cringy fan fiction tagged onto the existing material - with better graphics and a few cool new epic cinematic scenes.

What else would you expect?

Terra

Cipher
lost interest when they said it wouldn't be tb so stopped following, but randomly saw an update about it on fextralife. only doing midgar is just... why will anyone be buying this
The large casual audience who won't have followed development of the game closely/at all probably won't know that the product titled "Final Fantasy VII Remake" is in actuality, a remake of only a small portion of the original game.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
All I wanted was better graphics, a little rebalancing because the game was too easy, maybe some new materia, and a little more Zack Fair. God dammit Square.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Would be funny if part 1 ends up being shit and people loses interest for the next episodes. Squenix risking a lot with this thing.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
That's exactly why they've been avoiding doing it for so long. They're pretty clearly desperate but I think they're actually trying this time around instead giving retards the chance to steer the franchise and assuming hype will rake in the dosh.

Deleted member 7219

It is going to do really well in sales because everyone who knows anything about video games (but very little about RPGs) is under the impression that FF7 is the greatest RPG of all time and will buy into the hype surrounding the remake.

Ash

Arcane
>Actually trying
>Remakes Midgar only, lets say approximately 7% of the game in the original.

:whatho:

Also most shit they are adding to the formula is mostly crap

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game will sell well, but there is also a chance this game will be utter shit and pissed everyone off the second part will be cancelled or delayed to 2030 or something until people forget about it and rebrand the game into ff xvi or whatever it is.

Because it is totally what happened to the rubbish fabula nova crystallis shit.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
>Remakes Midgar only, lets say approximately 7% of the game in the original.

As explained, they are looking to expand the content of the game. It really is a remake, not remaster. Now whether the content expansion is good or expansive enough, we don't know. I think we now have arena mode as soon as Sector 5 market. The church scene with Aerith is also different etc.

Just let me save Jessie this time and we are gucci. And probably murder the shit out of Reno and the Truks. Like Jesus, how the fuck did the Truks become some sort of comic relief villains after the shit they pulled by collapsing the Sector 7 shit. The lack of tension everytime you meet them after that is infuriating.

EDIT: Like jeez I know we have Jenova and Speiroth and shit but really the whole Midgar management and the fucking Truks are incredibly personal enemies.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
So this is Rebuild of Evangelion in vidya form after all... why can't japs fully commit to the concept of a remake?

Edit: jesus christ what a clusterfuck

NiqpSXo.png

Last edited:

Removal

Scholar
So it was all a giant Nomura ruse cruise so he could make a sequel for Advent Children
10/10 GOTY

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
What did you expect, Final Fantasy VII's story was fucking retarded (sorry, I mean to say DEEP) and they had to doubledown somehow.

Melcar

Arcane
It was silly, but it sort of made sense. This is just them trying too hard and wanting to capture the more modern audiences. I mean, what was the problem with making a game for the actual fans? The game would have sold well enough.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Why is tetsuya nomura still even have a job lol

Because he still make money. Whether you like or not , Nomura bring good money for Square..

Anyway.. Idk about you guys but I hyped for ''Kingdom Hearts: I'm STILL SALTY as fuck about FFXV so i gonna make my own FFXV'' and ''FF7 Remake Part 2: Dirge Of Cerberus over Advent children 0.2 A fragmentary dream''.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom