Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

robinox

Educated
Me and a friend started a coop campaign. But there are a couple of things I don't understand.
My friend hosts, I joined his game by accepting his invite in the GOG Galaxy chat. The game fired up and we started.
The first 'problem' is that it's just two of us. I talked to a couple of origin characters but I didn't get an option to make them join the party (I honestly thought that, being only 2 players, the game would let us control 2 characters each). Maybe the game host (my friend) should talk to them to make them join, since I's technically a "guest" in his campaign? If not, how are we supposed to fight properly if it's only the 2 of us?
Second 'problem' happened after we both died. My friend reloaded the last savegame but for myself there was no way, from within the game, to re-join my friend's campaign. I had to to quit to desktop the game and have my friend send me another invite over the GOG chat, and have the whole game reload from scratch. I honestly think we must have been doing something wrong, because I can't believe a game so focused on coop by design, manages the death of all the players in such a crude way.
Any hints?
Thanks

Murk

Arcane
There's something weird going on there -- you should be able to get up 4 people, and you can designate who controls who through the assign characters menu. Just make sure you two didn't pick lone wolf since that won't let you recruit a character. Otherwise that's an options issue and in my online games, I as the host was able to just play my character while my friend recruited a follower.

Also regarding joining a game -- just have him enable "direct connection" and copy/paste the code to you, then you use the code to join. You get this from the 'connectivity' menu.

Looks like this:

9e5b3816b002652a085569f678607db3.png

Once the 'direct connection' is enabled, just have him click the blue box to the right of it copy the code and you would enter that in when you go to join a game via the multiplayer view.

robinox

Educated
Thanks.
We don't want random players to join the game; so I think the campaign is restricted to friends only (but we don't have other friends on GOG, so no chance of anyone else entering); I hope this doesn't mean we're stuck with a party of 2 people.
We'll try the direct connect method that you described, it sounds it should work better than the invite process.
About the lone wolf thing, I most certainly didn't pick it: I just selected Red Prince, changed his class into Conjurer and started the game; I never even read "lone wolf" anywhere, if it got selected, I wouldn't know how.

Murk

Arcane
Thanks.
We don't want random players to join the game; so I think the campaign is restricted to friends only (but we don't have other friends on GOG, so no chance of anyone else entering); I hope this doesn't mean we're stuck with a party of 2 people.
We'll try the direct connect method that you described, it sounds it should work better than the invite process.
About the lone wolf thing, I most certainly didn't pick it: I just selected Red Prince, changed his class into Conjurer and started the game; I never even read "lone wolf" anywhere, if it got selected, I wouldn't know how.

Just toggle it to 'invite only' and randoms can't join you.

'Lone Wolf' is a talent that you have to pick, if you didn't select it then you most likely don't have it. I'm having a hard time remembering if the host can change settings related to who can control what in game, but likely there are some options he can toggle when starting the game that determine if you can recruit a character or not. If you as a joining player can't, try seeing if the host can and just give you control over the character you want to join. You for sure can have 2 human players control 2 characters each (or have 1 control 3 and the other only 1 or whatever mix).

robinox

Educated
It seems I can't raise summon skill beyond 10 (I have 13 because of gear). But I thought that with Lone Wolf talent it could go up to 20, is there something wrong going on? (I was still at the first island last time I leveled up, just after the final fight).
Perhaps, is it because I picked Lone Wolf by a respec (although I picked it much earlier, at level 4)?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It seems I can't raise summon skill beyond 10 (I have 13 because of gear). But I thought that with Lone Wolf talent it could go up to 20, is there something wrong going on? (I was still at the first island last time I leveled up, just after the final fight).
Perhaps, is it because I picked Lone Wolf by a respec (although I picked it much earlier, at level 4)?

Nerfed because :balance:

Tom Selleck

Arcane
d24117ce66e14c8814dcc037bf0bb17d.jpg

Looks like a horse head, some sort of Rohan helmet, for a geek girl, I'd fill it up with my salty dorito-tasting nut.

Elex

Arbiter

This post was in BG3 topic becuase it show how WOTC is PUSHING HARD TO PROMOTE LARIAN.
D&D official channel, stream from a D&D designer.

Just click on the video and listen to their explanation of "hey why it's not a D&D video game?"

it's at 1:40 of the video.

Also at 2: 11 "this is the perfect dungeon & dragons game"

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jesus Christ, I just noticed that she never reads dialogue and completely relies on voiceover.

So those people actually exist. They are among us. I am scared.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom