Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Aemar

Arcane

I'll just leave this trailer here even though it's not the one for the official launch.

Aemar

Arcane
I'm surprised that they opted for an Arabic-inspired faction instead of employing an Ottoman background for the Sarranids/Aserai.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I'm surprised that they opted for an Arabic-inspired faction instead of employing an Ottoman background for the Sarranids/Aserai.

I mean Ottomans are much later since this title is supposed to take influence from early medieval period. Aserai represents Umayyads basically and the whole area is like North Africa and Levant with a very apparent Nile. Of course the region made more sense for Sarranids, as they are more like Mamelukes which was Turkic at medieval period and controlled North Africa and Levant.

Turks also in general have more attachment to Seljuk / Anatolian beylik period.

Aemar

Arcane

I mean Ottomans are much later since this title is supposed to take influence from early medieval period. Aserai represents Umayyads basically and the whole area is like North Africa and Levant with a very apparent Nile. Of course the region made more sense for Sarranids, as they are more like Mamelukes which was Turkic at medieval period and controlled North Africa and Levant.

Technically you're right, but let's not forget the factions of the first games have been directly inspired by cultures belonging to different historical eras: 8th-9th century Vikings (Nords), 10th century Rus (Vaegirs), 13th century France/England (Swadians), 12th-13th century Swiss Confederation (Rhodoks), etc. Personally I would have opted for an early Ottoman-inspired faction, seeing that the Arabic background is perhaps a bit too overused and bland. As for the Bannerlord factions, for the first time they seem like they somewhat belong to the same era.

The soundtrack is great and the main theme is very barbarian:

The time is ripe for the most epic Hyborean Age mod.

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
MnB and Warband were eventually released on GoG too, so I guess Bonerlord will be there eventually, just not during the Early Access phase.

Peachcurl

Cipher
I think it's a bit more difficult to release unfinished games / early access games on GOG. They have that option, I think they call it "games in development", but unlike steam they are selective about it... ?

And what a cruel joke to release this game on a Monday. I can barely test it during the week. :(

Technically you're right, but let's not forget the factions of the first games have been directly inspired by cultures belonging to different historical eras: 8th-9th century Vikings (Nords), 10th century Rus (Vaegirs), 13th century France/England (Swadians), 12th-13th century Swiss Confederation (Rhodoks), etc. Personally I would have opted for an early Ottoman-inspired faction, seeing that the Arabic background is perhaps a bit too overused and bland. As for the Bannerlord factions, for the first time they seem like they somewhat belong to the same era.

The soundtrack is great and the main theme is very barbarian:

The time is ripe for the most epic Hyborean Age mod.

Definitely. I don't recall any for m&b, maybe for some of the beta version of the original.

I would also like one based on fantastic/romantic Arturian legend (think Excalibur).

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
When does Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord unlock in my time zone?
When Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord unlocks in your time zone
Despite having to work from home to push out the early access release of Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord, developer TaleWorlds announced on Friday that the game would actually release ahead of schedule on Monday, March 30 at 3:00 AM PT and 6:00 AM ET. Here's that time listed for a few other regions.

• Pacific Time (US) - 3/30 at 3:00 AM
  • Eastern Time (US) - 3/30 at 6:00 AM
  • Greenwich Mean Time (UK) - 3/30 at 10:00 AM
  • Australian Eastern Daylight Time - 3/30 at 9:00 PM
If you don't see your region listed above, we've got you covered. Follow this link to a handy time zone converter. The link is already plugged in with Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlords' release time, so just search for your city or time zone and it will be converted automatically.

Perkel

Arcane
This is the best theme:

The game however doesn't have a great OST, it is ok.

No Prophecy of Pendor mod for Warband has the best soundtrack. I really wonder why they didn't hire that guy who made ost for it. I have put at least 1000 hours into PoP and soundtrack never got old and i still pop it every so often. This soundtrack is as good as TW3 soundtrack and perfectly fits game. Seriously almost whole OST is amazing (and there are A LOT OF tracks there). It works now as my go to background music to dwarf fortress and other games in same theme.

Also for those who don't know Turkroaches are considering making Pendor official (confirmed by PoP devs) and making it a DLC for Bannerlord 2 because of how good it was (some features of Bannerlord are straight taken from PoP)

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Some more POP music spam. Because it is amazing music to wait for Bannerlord2. I just can't fucking wait for POP2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom