Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck is wrong with the chargen in Dark Sun?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I can understand rerolling, but you also 1) receive further attribute boosts upon class select, and 2) can arbitrarilly raise attributes and HP (even further)

The fuck?

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I can understand rerolling, but you also 1) receive further attribute boosts upon class select, and 2) can arbitrarilly raise attributes and HP (even further)

The fuck?

They just wanted mentally challenged people not being able to build their characters properly to enjoy the game nonetheless.
Just roll your characters like a man and resist the temptation so the game can be challenging, also, use multi-classing cautiously.

Many retards here use max characteristics + 4 tri-classed characters and then brag the game was too easy.

Thal

Augur

The fuck?

They just wanted mentally challenged people not being able to build their characters properly to enjoy the game nonetheless.
Just roll your characters like a man and resist the temptation so the game can be challenging, also, use multi-classing cautiously.

Many retards here use max characteristics + 4 tri-classed characters and then brag the game was too easy.

What kind of party composition and stat spread would you suggest for a challenging first playthrough that is still being able to complete game?
Generally speaking, like 3 single class characters and 1 multi class thief, etc? Going with a first roll if was a total disaster would be too harsh really.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
SSI goldbox and their other games weren't the first to do this; try Dunjonquest games from Automated Simulations [EPYX], notably Temple of Apshai series.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
What kind of party composition and stat spread would you suggest for a challenging first playthrough that is still being able to complete game?
Generally speaking, like 3 single class characters and 1 multi class thief, etc? Going with a first roll if was a total disaster would be too harsh really.

What Cryptrat said, you want to bring a Half-Giant gladiator to the party.

only the very last battle will be hard.

I disagree on this, Dagolar's Lair, early on is quite difficult, specially the final battle and there's a few difficult enemies like Wyvern who can OS most of your characters, i also remember the shadows, far east, which had me reload first time around.

Saduj

Arcane

Thief is only necessary for one or two things early game. It is really kind of a waste. Just make sure you have three casters for final battle.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What? None of you like Automated Simulation Software.. er Epyx. Ya'll hate the oldies.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Automated might not be one of the first.. I'm sure the ole Plato is probably the first.
I mean the trilogy is ok.. but I'm not a fan of that Westwood music. I used the cassette tape so LOADING..... PRESS PLAY ON TAPE. And yeah, I wished that there was a complete compilation of all ASS (har Autoamted Simulation Software...) / Epyx of the Dunjonquest games just updated enough on a single disk.

And note Gateway might be a prequel of sorts but it plays far different with NO chargen at all. Its kind of diablo like … sort of.

Just peruse the video playlist for antique crpgs

Now go play some Window 10 Colossal Cave

BTW, on the c64 this joystick was the fucking bomb imho..
epyx_joystick_large.jpg

C64 (and other systems if you want to screw around with it on an Atari2600, colecovision or w/e uses the same pin set)
500xj-epyx-joystick-controller-by-konix-for-commodore-amiga-b20be79173f73222335066edd352b198.jpg

648px-Epyx_500XJ.jpg

next to the boss (unless you were some autofire freak)yeah man. EPYX!!! (though I didn't care for their sports games go figure). Note that bottom one is a NES version.

APPLE II / PC VERSION - Note the dual plug types.
img_0036.jpg

img_0037.jpg

Ci3HzFJ.jpg

imVPTSX.jpg

Zy5iLF4.jpg

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM VERSION BELOW:
mwKKkuB.jpg

5zjIW3H.jpg

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
To be fair Amiga had its share of shit games. And it isn't old but vintage. For us well aged folk. Yessssss....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom