Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Imho main sin of armor design for Hellknights is how their armor bloated with symbols of their order. For example Order of Chain wears completely redundant amount of chains that will slow down knight's movement in combat and looks stupid in general. With same logic king's armor should consist from crowns all over. Designer should have been design one chain (for his weapon or his necklace), but looks in a way that everybody will say "Yep, this is hellknight of Chain Order" even if knight wears simple plate armor or even naked.

Gargaune

Magister
Imho main sin of armor design for Hellknights is how their armor bloated with symbols of their order. For example Order of Chain wears completely redundant amount of chains that will slow down knight's movement in combat and looks stupid in general. With same logic king's armor should consist from crowns all over. Designer should have been design one chain (for his weapon or his necklace), but looks in a way that everybody will say "Yep, this is hellknight of Chain Order" even if knight wears simple plate armor or even naked.

Ironically, that Order of the Chain design is the least offensive of the bunch. Not to beat too much on a dead horse, but it's a shame entertainment artists don't stick closer to actual, historical armour, a nice suit of Maximilian plate would be both cooler and more menacing than whatever the hell that shit's supposed to be, not to mention all the later Greenwich-style armour you can draw on if you want to go all out with the decorations. I'd sort of get it if most other games had authentic armours and you wanted to stand out from the crowd, but they're not, it's just one design more "different" than the other.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Hopefully they learned their lesson with kingdom management and the crusade system doesn't feel so tacked on this time around.
Cause as a concept, it's really awesome.
aa2.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Pathfinder gnomes are shit because the entire standard Pathfinder generic high fantasy atmosphere is shit. You can like it only if:
- you are under 14 years old;
- you suffer from a severe sugar addiction.

Also, everybody praises Wayne Reynolds and its work, but, even if some of his "big pieces" (mainly scenes with monsters and more characters togheter) are cool, every single one of his characters design is horrible and utterly disgusting and the way he influenced Pathfinder art-style is undeniably decline.

Still better than humans.

I long for fantasy-themed game where human is non-existent.
Play wuxia games - there is only chinese.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Don't be ridiculous. This isn't a prime-time TV-show intended for a millennial audience. Negroes don't play RPGs.
It's true, RPGs were always a white man's game.
And therefor, obviously, the superior choice of entertainment.
I wonder if ol' Addie would have been an aficionado.
He'd be out there playing his max charisma Elf paladin, trying to genocide all the Dwarves.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
About damn time this came out. Pathfinder was infinitely better with TB combat. Why anyone does RTwP is beyond me.

When you are dealing with trash mobs, rtwp is better. When you are fighting Pitax king using like 666 summoned skeletons, wait each one take his turn can take eternities. If you like to use a lot of summons, turn based without concurrent turns takes too long.

Efe

Erudite
it doesnt matter if summons make it take too long since you can switch between modes seamlessly.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
it doesnt matter if summons make it take too long since you can switch between modes seamlessly.

I am having flashes of Arcanum here!
With the exception that with Kingmaker it actually works, so there are no reasons to belive it won't work in WotR. I mean, a single persone managed to make it work almost seamlessly with a mod, an entire studio CAN'T fuck it up.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
With the exception that with Kingmaker it actually works, so there are no reasons to belive it won't work in WotR. I mean, a single persone managed to make it work almost seamlessly with a mod, an entire studio CAN'T fuck it up.

Also, arcanum got the real time mod by publisher pressures in last moment. The situation is completely different.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Also, arcanum got the real time mod by publisher pressures in last moment. The situation is completely different.
Nah, it was planned from the start. January 1999 https://web.archive.org/web/2006032...ive.ign.com/features/interviews/timcain.shtml

Jonric: What about the gameplay system? Fallout was real-time with hex-based movement and turn-based combat. Will the new game be different? How will communication with NPCs, inventory et al work?

Tim Cain: The new game is all real-time, although there is a turn-based option for people (like me) who like combat to be less twitch-based.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Having flashbacks of the Poison Beasts in Wizards and Warriors whose (very strong) poison kept ticking in real-time while your party was in turn-based. Had to legit quit the game for awhile due to not being able to get past them.

Luzur

Good Sir

Having flashbacks of the Poison Beasts in Wizards and Warriors whose (very strong) poison kept ticking in real-time while your party was in turn-based. Had to legit quit the game for awhile due to not being able to get past them.

there was a mod/fix for that though, i knew i had it when i played the game last time (like 15 years ago or so).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, when I played it again 10 yrs ago it was thankfully no longer a problem.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's the 29th! Next month is coming! Where is news! Where is alpha! Ahhhh! I want alpha monks!

You didn't see the news post? The alpha got cancelled due to COVID 19. They may reconsider rescheduling it in October, depending on how much of the dev team survives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom