Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul of War Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons

Lukipaluki

Novice
fishdoggames atm:

Cael

Arcane
fishdoggames atm:

Man thats funny :) thanks so much I needed a good laugh, that kids funny

He's one of my favourite YouTube "entertainers"

Hes funny he kinda has a way of keeping you hooked and making you happy

Just FYI: There are a bunch of trolls here that love to make fake claims about and defame others in order to make themselves feel important. It is easier to just put them on Ignore so that you don't see their drivel.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
fishdoggames atm:

Man thats funny :) thanks so much I needed a good laugh, that kids funny

He's one of my favourite YouTube "entertainers"

Hes funny he kinda has a way of keeping you hooked and making you happy

Just FYI: There are a bunch of trolls here that love to make fake claims about and defame others in order to make themselves feel important. It is easier to just put them on Ignore so that you don't see their drivel.

you are correct my friend!

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Abu is just mad you didn't tell him about your upcoming rpg first. He puts a lot of work into his upcoming thread. He needs to learn this website isn't his yet, that DarkUnderlord has to die first.

Falksi

Arcane
Abu Antar, fuck off you bellend. This game has some real potential, and all you're doing by trolling is distracting fishdoggames, and taking up time of his which he could be putting into improving the game further.

You're the reason companies like EA swamp gaming with shite, coz folk developing games we want get caught up fannying about with cockwipes like you.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know how he got you to slave for him for free, but I would expect nothing other than you defending him. The quality of the game can be good or bad, but he's still very sketchy. As to me being the reason that we only get big AAA games? Yrs, indeed it is my fault. Here are my latest game gets on PC:

Dead Monarchy
Pillars of Dust
The Amazing Fantastics
古剑奇谭二(GuJian2)
Stoneshard
Vigilantes
Guard Duty
Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders
Cat Quest
INSOMNIA: The Ark
古剑奇谭(GuJian)
Geneforge 1-5
Avernum 4-6
: 嗜血印 BloodySpell
Death's Gambit
Celestian Tales: Old Nort
Chasm
Dead in Vinland

And so it continues on. I don't know how many indie Kickstarters I have supported.

If you count AA Japanese games, then I am truly helping the degeneracy, but I haven't bought a AAA game in ages. The last one being Vampire: The Masqurade - Bloodlines 2.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I agree, his past is sketchy, but there's at least a reasonable doubt that suggests he at least possibly actually purchased most of his current assets rather than ripping them off. Unless you can actually prove something to the contrary. If nothing else, he offered the thing for free so you could check it out and make your own judgements and pay him something later if you felt like it deserved it. That strikes me as a gesture of good faith because of a sketchy past rather than trying to keep a scam going.

Sloul

Savant
Haha are you the same guy that tried to start shit the other day? with crappy youtube videos where you couldnt hear anything. download my game and see if you stuff is in there? And if your talking about Woodland Fantasies its by Mathew Pablo And I paid for the music! You do not own such music because if you did you would email me not write me in a forum like a child!
It wasn't Abu Antar, it was me. I noticed that in the video you uploaded on youtube, there was the same music as in Low Magic Age, I was surprised, and I submitted it to your attention.
I wasn't aware I was ''trying to start shit'' at the time.

Flux this guy the other day said the same thing...he claimed i stole his music haha but he didnt even know who composed it i do! and i bought it from him. here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUo5WNqxwME listen for yourself and tell me you own it! in your so called game!
Ahah, yeah. Lol, ahah, that guy.
You mean, that guy who either thought you might have used something that you didn't own, or might have paid for something that was already owned by some other people.
Ahah, yeah. Lol, so funny.
Like, really, - can't stop laughing -, every person on internet got a track record of everything copyrighted. Lol.
Yeah... well, just to bring it to you, but instead of using my omniscience, instead I used common sense.

Now that you're at it, the first youtube video I posted of Low Magic Age has the same soundtrack as in your game, in the background. And I can hear the soundtrack playing. Everybody can hear it. And it's not because you write ''muh can't hear a thing duh'', that suddenly people will cease hearing the thing.
I am aware that there is a guy speaking loudly, and, by correctness I tried to post a 2nd video of better quality so that you could hear the soundtrack better. Still, there is someone talking, because anyway, - prepare to be shocked - 99% of gameplay video on internet are being commented.

PLEASE. Before you respond about the music.
I DON'T CARE.

Falksi

Arcane
I don't know how he got you to slave for him for free, but I would expect nothing other than you defending him. The quality of the game can be good or bad, but he's still very sketchy. As to me being the reason that we only get big AAA games? Yrs, indeed it is my fault. Here are my latest game gets on PC:

Dead Monarchy
Pillars of Dust
The Amazing Fantastics
古剑奇谭二(GuJian2)
Stoneshard
Vigilantes
Guard Duty
Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders
Cat Quest
INSOMNIA: The Ark
古剑奇谭(GuJian)
Geneforge 1-5
Avernum 4-6
: 嗜血印 BloodySpell
Death's Gambit
Celestian Tales: Old Nort
Chasm
Dead in Vinland

And so it continues on. I don't know how many indie Kickstarters I have supported.

If you count AA Japanese games, then I am truly helping the degeneracy, but I haven't bought a AAA game in ages. The last one being Vampire: The Masqurade - Bloodlines 2.

I've helped him out coz I like the game and think it's worth investing in. Plus I enjoyed helping him out too, hardly "slaving"

Fair play to your contributions elsewhere, keep up the good work. Please respect our choices to support others too. Ultimately to me all that matters is that the good games keep coming.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The music video that was given as an example is no longer available. Might you have deleted it, perchance? The game it stole music from is Low Magic Age. I own said game.

So, you're not the developer of Low Magic Age but you think you recognized the music ?
Honestly, LMA is a cheap Battle Brothers chinese rip-off with D&D rules, the only thing they did approximately right being character creation.
But that's not the point, did they compose the music themselves ?

I doubt it so i'm guessing they bought it somewhere and having played their game, i'm quite sure their budget is quite low so it's probably music packs everyone else can buy as well.

Now you wrote a hundred slanderous messages here, you owe us to contact LMA devs and ask them where their music comes from and report to us and eventually apologize if Fish is right.

Bara

Arcane
Like I want to give the dev the benefit of the doubt as at least visually (other than those couple of UI elements Abu posted about) I haven't seen anywhere else but some of those audio sounds in the game I recognize from neverwinter nights.

Like your using the neverwinter nights "city docks night" track for the character creation music. The file name for it is town_2_nwncitydocksnite in the game folders.

ScLJG72.png

There's also music tracks from Two Steps from Hell albums?

aoXDpJm.png

Other than that there's the Song of Faerun which is from the Ubisoft's Pool of radiance.

The rest of the music is from that Matthew Pablo guy though a couple of files list other games in album sections of the song's metadata but I assume he's retained rights to the music to resell and tabletop tracks which seem to be on the up and up.

Look your game looks good and I'm keenly interested in buying a copy off GoG. I like how you've set up the feat selection window and mapped them out. But this stuff with the music tracks just bothers me a lot and I wish I could just ignore it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The music video that was given as an example is no longer available. Might you have deleted it, perchance? The game it stole music from is Low Magic Age. I own said game.

So, you're not the developer of Low Magic Age but you think you recognized the music ?
Honestly, LMA is a cheap Battle Brothers chinese rip-off with D&D rules, the only thing they did approximately right being character creation.

I doubt it so i'm guessing they bought it somewhere and having played their game, i'm quite sure their budget is quite low so it's probably music packs everyone else can buy as well.

Now you wrote a hundred slanderous messages here, you owe us to contact LMA devs and ask them where their music comes from and report to us and eventually apologize if Fish is right.
I have contacted some people. If they respond or not is out of my control.

Mortmal

Arcane
Ah another game from ellis studio, quite an oddity, that team obviously has the skill to do some good rpgs but always underdeliver. I tried the link ,the strong part is the combat system it's genuine 3.5 srd turn based combat, however there's something that strikes immediately : the stolen assets as usual, tthe music from low magic age, or maybe neverwinter. Well i am sure i heard it before . The wow buttons enough said.. I keep saying it you are going to get problems with this , your last game was pulled away from steam for using javier charro artwork without paying him royalties.
I really dont understand why you are doing that and shooting yourself in the foot.
Now back to the game the character movement could be improved, it would be easier if it keep moving while keeping the mousse button pressed, right now its very unconvenient. Character creation is good , its basic srd , however, no customization of char appearance and my elven wizard ends up as a dwarf...Now the introduction is ok , but the sidequests so far are very very generic, you'd expect more from fellow 40+ old developpers, more than what a 12 year old DM would provide.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok I have downloaded the game from the free download link. I figured since I wasted 300h testing Phoenix Point since "release" that I paid money for I might as well test this game a bit since it is given for free.
And I can already see there will be a lot of stuff to report here.
1. Intro text needs formatting. The one about 3 brothers. Sentences just get sent into next row randomly and stuff. Also there are walls of text with no formatting that are hard to read. Also it talks about 3 brothers but then at character creation you can be female. LGBT+ friendly game? :D Or I misunderstood the connection between that story and your starting character.
2. Exit on first map is covered by the bottom right screen. You need to move Exits in all maps from bottom right above the edge of maps so that players can click on it without problems. I would also suggest you put some icon on locations where there are exits, not only that once we mouse over it name appears
3. You start with dagger but it does 1-2 damage instead of 1-4 ? Why?
4. Can you please put End Turn into quickslot bar as well in addition to move and attack (ok I guess space bar does end turn but that is not told ingame)? How do we manipulate quickslot bar anyways?
5. When we press ESC it is common in games that Save and Load are options there.
6. Adding things like Charge and Ready action to attack would be very useful for Fighter types. OK I have found where these are hidden, well at least Charge.
7. Being able to enter combat from further away would also benefit ranged classes. Also ranged weapons seem to have terrible range, I tried to use the crossbow and it had like 10 square range.
8. Not sure how magic works. I summoned a lvl 1 nature ally (playing a druid) and it lasted for multiple combats. On the other hand other druid spells say they last only 1 turn. Is turn here 10 rounds or is turn= round?
EDIT:
9. Why I cannot turn on Casting Defensively during combat, only outside of combat?!
10. About #2, this shit is very irritating. I just entered a map where exit was on the bottom and I barely managed to exit it afterwards. If I quit playing early this will be my #1 reason.
11. Selection light up for icons is bad. It is often hard to know if you selected something or not. For example when you are choosing class you have brown icons and you get a light red marking when you select something.
EDIT2:
12. I cast entangle on enemies and my warrior walked into it and also got entangled (after you cast it there are no markers on ground to know what area is affected). While all enemies on their turn could attempt to break free, my warrior just kept being stuck each turn and not being able to do anything..
13. Asleep characters can do 5 foot steps :D
14. Enemies cast spells or try to use potions and game pauses and wait for me to press end turn. Also in one situation enemy used potion on my giant rat instead of himself lol ... OK it seems this is how AoO is implemented in this game. I would suggest you add some way for people to understand this.

Last edited:

Farewell into the night

Audio/BGM/Drellin's_Ferry.ogg

Now, this sound like a Hommlet theme from ToEE to me.
It even opens as a "Hommlet Theme" with my VLC player.

Cael

Arcane

The irony of someone buying cheap China-made knock-offs lecturing others about intellectual property...

Lol. There is an encounter against hopgoblins (had fun fighting them), but when enemies start combat you hear as they shout "Ha". There is a quiet, but audible sound of a "watermark for sounds" there :)

It goes like:

"Haaa [pondfile]aaaaaaaaaaaaa"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom