Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 announced for PC/PS4/XBO

ADL

Prophet
EUQd3HBU0AA5Lxk

Not much is known right now, this has only been announced in Japan so far so we might still get the superior Papa Nier
-Saito says it's "version up" not a remake or remaster
-fully voiced
-possibility of new endings
-Okabe re-recorded the whole score, new music included
-2B and 9S voice actors have small role in this one

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Interesting. So it's specifically the Replicant version. I prefer the cromagnon dad version rest of the world got, though.

D4wa-Ypa-VUAU2-O6w.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Anyone figure out the meaning of the version number? Could just be random digits of course, but the ... makes me think it's referencing some mathematical constant or ratio.

I feel like Gestalt would be better. But Japs just can't resist making all important characters teenagers.

Maybe they can make the combat and quests less shit.
What's wrong with spamming spear dash and blood spear the entire game? :M

v1rus

Arcane
Fuck me. And I just manned up to do a playthrough of the whole series. Even started fucking Drakengard.

When the fuck is this going to be out?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Cool, I'll just wait for this instead of playing Gestalt on RPCS3.

Last edited:

yellowcake

Arcane
I too used to think that Papa nier was better but after reading up on differences I changed my mind. Yoko Taro can't do wrong. I am going to buy it on principle but I probably won't play it right away because I did Nier on rpcs3 not long ago.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Anyone figure out the meaning of the version number? Could just be random digits of course, but the ... makes me think it's referencing some mathematical constant or ratio.

It's the square root of 1.5. So, there's one meaning.

It could also be some alternate designation of
the loop
Replicant takes place in, but I dunno.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I literally jumped from my chair and started screaming when I read the news, thank you, Platinum Chan!

Unfortunately the developer is not actually PlatinumGames, so it's probably best to wait for reviews and let's plays before making the decision to buy.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The original Nier was also very grind heavy. Getting crafting materials was a huge slog.
Not just crafting. Many quests also required several runs of the same area to get the required items.

I guess the intent is that you need to play the game X times to get the real ending, so you can spread the grind out. But grinding problems are not solved by adding more grind...

Dayyālu

Arcane
The game itself makes fun of you if I remember right: one questgiver goes "Ah, you're the retard that goes around collecting shit for everyone. Hey, I have this useless package delivery, go and obey son" and you accept the quest.

I seriously hope they'll give us the Gestalt version tho, it must not be such an insane amount of work and giving more options is always good. Seriously, it ain't a remaster, the assets are all there.

yellowcake

Arcane
Taro seems to like that style of quest design. Automata had a fair amount of repetition as well.

Yoko Taro admits in one of the interviews that his design is inspired by pinball. So repetition of the same sandbox level that gradually reveal aspects of the game. It applies to all his games if you think about it - it's the same game remade over again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom