Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
joking aside, these people suffered from an young age abuses of all sorts that scarred them mentally for life.
it's really sad the "fate" some people have.

We should try to collect Codexers stories, i'm sure half the GD regular population is made of psychos.
For example, fantadomat here was probably raped by his uncles and brothers as a child and then by his mother and his grand-mother, probably his dogs too.
Ahhh i am not a westerner,we do have really low percentage of such degenerates. Soooooo,what is your story then? I take it that you were bullied in school because you were weak cunt or something.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
joking aside, these people suffered from an young age abuses of all sorts that scarred them mentally for life.

We should try to collect Codexers stories, i'm sure half the GD regular population is made of psychos.
For example, fantadomat here was probably raped by his uncles and brothers as a child and then by his mother and his grand-mother, probably his dogs too.

and on top of that, Bulgaria?!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
How do these journalists find such people? If you truly don't care what other people think and want to ride that Eiffel tower until you cum, why bring in other people to basically spy on your sex life? I'm sure they didn't randomly find her and started filming her.

and here you have it

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

and on top of that, Bulgaria?!
LoL i am not responsible that your dad fiddled your asshole,faggot.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
How do these journalists find such people? If you truly don't care what other people think and want to ride that Eiffel tower until you cum, why bring in other people to basically spy on your sex life? I'm sure they didn't randomly find her and started filming her.

They are promoting this kind of stuff on purpose, to bring about their nominalist new world order.

Harthwain

Magister

They are promoting this kind of stuff on purpose, to bring about their nominalist new world order.
It's not about promotion. Extraordinary stuff is bound to get more clicks/views than something mundane and media are all about clicks/views.

Elex

Arbiter
Pig men aren't exactly scary or threatening. That second picture looks comedic.
The point isn't to look threatening but rather to maintain a proper delineation between various types of D&D/AD&D creatures, which would avoid any confusion by the audience, who are currently conflating two groups that have little in common other than being humanoid.

Gith:
fdwr6Df.png

Orc:
36pzH0V.png

Giff:
BXhpmKx.png
Conflating? They simply don’t even know what a gith is! “Guess is a female orc”
If the image was a dragonborn they will write “a female half dragon”

For example how many people actually know that githyanki rides red dragons and why?

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
From Baldur's Gate 2 I know Githyanki are plane travelers and Illithids' ancient enemy. In Planescape: Torment there was one situation, where you can warn Dak'kon's people about a raid by letting a Githyanki kill you. And... that's about it, but I could be forgetting something. So, yeah, I am not surprised that the general public has completely no idea what's going on and simply goes with "Oh, she must be an Orc".

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
He mentioned that in BG-3 "the A.I. can decide to shoot a barrel near the hero if the A.I. concludes that in the barrel can be some liquid that provides "difficult terrain".
I'm starting to think that Larian is entirely made up of barrel fetishists.
Am surprised they didn't announce a barrel romance yet....
Oak-Wine-Barrel-full-1A-700%3A10.10-894-f.png

I can see on her face that she's a turn based fetishist.

Heh, the first case where I find myself rooting for Corona. Now kiss all those public surfaces again.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
From Baldur's Gate 2 I know Githyanki are plane travelers and Illithids' ancient enemy. In Planescape: Torment there was one situation, where you can warn Dak'kon's people about a raid by letting a Githyanki kill you. And... that's about it, but I could be forgetting something. So, yeah, I am not surprised that the general public has completely no idea what's going on and simply goes with "Oh, she must be an Orc".
That really doesn't excuse journos. They haven't even looked at the only screenshot we have of her where she's clearly labeled a githyanki. What kind of journalism is that? I know journos in general don't care and "report the bias news" with as minimum effort as possible, but still.

Harthwain

Magister
That really doesn't excuse journos. They haven't even looked at the only screenshot we have of her where she's clearly labeled a githyanki. What kind of journalism is that? I know journos in general don't care and "report the bias news" with as minimum effort as possible, but still.
Oh, I agree, I was talking about an average person. Journalists should be more knowledgeable. Especially considering how easy access to information is, in this day and age.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Journalists should be more knowledgeable die an horrible death and eternally burn in hell.
Fixed that for you, no need to thank me ;)

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Can someone tell me the reasoning behind first person style dialogue like i commented that her name was unusual instead your name is unusual/???
So that you can pour into the finished game the dialogues drafts, without properly writing a single line.

"How are we going to write this very important sentence to convey the angst that's tormenting our main character?".

"Meh, let's just go with *he says x in a very angsty way*".

"Genius".

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Can someone tell me the reasoning behind first person style dialogue like i commented that her name was unusual instead your name is unusual/???
Well, the current hypotheses (besides Larian bashing) is that either the story is being told to someone after it took place or that the dialogue is from the perspective of the tadpole.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Well, the current hypotheses (besides Larian bashing) is that either the story is being told to someone after it took place or that the dialogue is from the perspective of the tadpole.
So in D:OS2 it was the tadpole all along? :kingcomrade:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
So in D:OS2 it was the tadpole all along? :kingcomrade:
No, but in the context of BG DOS3 it kinda makes sense. Again, this seems to be the accepted theory in some forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom