Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Metronome

Learned
The Foundry beast fight seems legitimately unfair on dominating. Are gas grenades seriously the only way to kill the bladelings? Every other method seems to be a non-starter: shotguns are useless because the fuckers resist crit damage, plasma grenades don't do enough damage, and anything else will kill too few of them at a time. That's pretty irritating if you haven't invested enough in chemistry to craft gas grenades.
I don't know how the AI acts at that difficulty, but could you bottleneck them with traps?

Alexios

Augur
Patron
The Foundry beast fight seems legitimately unfair on dominating. Are gas grenades seriously the only way to kill the bladelings? Every other method seems to be a non-starter: shotguns are useless because the fuckers resist crit damage, plasma grenades don't do enough damage, and anything else will kill too few of them at a time. That's pretty irritating if you haven't invested enough in chemistry to craft gas grenades.
I don't know how the AI acts at that difficulty, but could you bottleneck them with traps?
I'm at the point where I'm trying that now, but it still seems like a non-starter without gas grenades. Plasma and HE grenades do too little damage given the long cooldown time, so it seems like they would just overrun you.

Vatnik Wumao
I'm at the point where I'm trying that now, but it still seems like a non-starter without gas grenades. Plasma and HE grenades do too little damage given the long cooldown time, so it seems like they would just overrun you.

Haven't played for years, but did you try psi?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You need bear traps all over the spawn, the stairs, and down the right side hallway till the end of the fencing. Sometimes even a few more bear traps after that. If you have Gas grenades or Plasmas that are of a high enough level, use those first, but after that, switch to Frag Grenades. Caltrops are super huge too, specifically Crawler caltrops. Two of those and you'll make the fight so much easier. Do these things, and you'll be fine. I beat the Beast fight on Dominating with a Spear dude that was literally chucking grenades almost the entire time, minus the very end where he also did some tanking/body blocking.

Black Angel

Arcane
Is there any other way to
deal with the Grey Army base other than
  1. Killing an officer in the toilet to get an Officer Armor
  2. Either lockpicking or persuading an officer in the 2nd floor to gain access to the room that contains the magatzin key?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

gas grenades + traps with any poison for Bio damage + HE grenades + laser pistol

edit: The fight is not fair because Bladelings have 70% Mechanic damage threshold but they have no protection against Bio damage.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
You need bear traps all over the spawn, the stairs, and down the right side hallway till the end of the fencing. Sometimes even a few more bear traps after that. If you have Gas grenades or Plasmas that are of a high enough level, use those first, but after that, switch to Frag Grenades. Caltrops are super huge too, specifically Crawler caltrops. Two of those and you'll make the fight so much easier. Do these things, and you'll be fine. I beat the Beast fight on Dominating with a Spear dude that was literally chucking grenades almost the entire time, minus the very end where he also did some tanking/body blocking.

I think you meant HE Grenades instead of Frag Grenades.

xuerebx

Erudite
Is there any other way to
deal with the Grey Army base other than
  1. Killing an officer in the toilet to get an Officer Armor
  2. Either lockpicking or persuading an officer in the 2nd floor to gain access to the room that contains the magatzin key?

I'm not sure on the lockpicking, but you can definitely use stealth to move around. I had used this post for help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/underrail/comments/d7tyf8/grey_military_base/

You can find a uniform in an open locker right outside one of the vents, and there’s some in locked lockers (50 Lockpicking). The uniform will allow you to blend in, though you will have to BS your way through some dialogue, but only once per section. The second area requires an Officer Uniform to pass if you don’t have persuasion (officer uniform allows you to bypass any non-officers with a salute, not including the warehouse). The Officer’s Quarters has no way to succeed at the dialogue checks without Persuasion, but the vents will allow you to get what you need without having to confront any Officers there. The Warehouse will require some quick feet if you don’t have Persuasion, but is doable without conflict.

Source: I did it without Persuasion, and without combat.

Black Angel

Arcane
I'm not sure on the lockpicking, but you can definitely use stealth to move around. I had used this post for help:

You can find a uniform in an open locker right outside one of the vents, and there’s some in locked lockers (50 Lockpicking). The uniform will allow you to blend in, though you will have to BS your way through some dialogue, but only once per section. The second area requires an Officer Uniform to pass if you don’t have persuasion (officer uniform allows you to bypass any non-officers with a salute, not including the warehouse). The Officer’s Quarters has no way to succeed at the dialogue checks without Persuasion, but the vents will allow you to get what you need without having to confront any Officers there. The Warehouse will require some quick feet if you don’t have Persuasion, but is doable without conflict.

I forgot to mention I'm also playing a zero stealth.

I already know about the uniform. There's one readily available for people with zero lockpicking in the east sleeping quarter. I've finished the game once with a stealthy, persuasive, and lockpicker character. What I want to know is if it's possible to get an officer uniform *without* having to kill one, and if the 2nd floor is possible with zero stealth, zero persuasion, and zero lockpicking.

If not, well I guess I'll just go there once my Spear&Shield Spartan is ready to rumble.

xuerebx

Erudite

I forgot to mention I'm also playing a zero stealth.

I already know about the uniform. There's one readily available for people with zero lockpicking in the east sleeping quarter. I've finished the game once with a stealthy, persuasive, and lockpicker character. What I want to know is if it's possible to get an officer uniform *without* having to kill one, and if the 2nd floor is possible with zero stealth, zero persuasion, and zero lockpicking.

If not, well I guess I'll just go there once my Spear&Shield Spartan is ready to rumble.

I'm not sure how you can get past the 2nd floor without some persuasion, but, I was also running a zero stealth character at that point (but had a cloak shield). I did have enough lockpicking skill however, so I could move around the vents.

Also, timing of your movement is key when running on the ground. It takes a few loads, but you can get past many of the ground personnel this way.

Black Angel

Arcane
Also, timing of your movement is key when running on the ground. It takes a few loads, but you can get past many of the ground personnel this way.
This is the problem. At least one officer ALWAYS stays in a short area in the middle hall, giving zero quarter for anyone. He never go inside any of the room, and when he do it's when the alarm is turned on and the room he's in is the room with the keycard.

Parabalus

Arcane
Is there any comprehensive explanation of shotgun mechanics?

The THC is seemingly capped at 80% for long and 70% for short barrels, and even lower for bursts.

Haven't played for years, but did you try psi?

I took continuum ripple just for this fight, trivializes it, don't even need traps or gas grenades with it.

Black Angel

Arcane
I took continuum ripple just for this fight, trivializes it, don't even need traps or gas grenades with it.
Is it good? It seems like it's 25% per one status effect and can only occur once. Means if you got 10 stacks in, each of this stacks has 25% chance to occur again and occur once, right? And if there's only, say, 5 enemies around when those 10 stacks triggers, an enemy can get multiple stacks?

Parabalus

Arcane
Is it good? It seems like it's 25% per one status effect and can only occur once. Means if you got 10 stacks in, each of this stacks has 25% chance to occur again and occur once, right? And if there's only, say, 5 enemies around when those 10 stacks triggers, an enemy can get multiple stacks?

No, it's very underwhelming. I only took it for that fight for fun. It even got nerfed in the mean time.

Parabalus

Arcane
This is the problem. At least one officer ALWAYS stays in a short area in the middle hall, giving zero quarter for anyone. He never go inside any of the room, and when he do it's when the alarm is turned on and the room he's in is the room with the keycard.

Did you try running past the officer in turn based? If you can run past him behind the boxes the dialogue won't trigger, the door there isn't locked.

There's also a PER vent in the ventilation system but it seemed useless.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Did you try running past the officer in turn based? If you can run past him behind the boxes the dialogue won't trigger, the door there isn't locked.
Aha, this worked. But while the door isn't locked, it would trigger hostilities if you're seen entering/exiting the room.

Why must this quest has no other solution other than meta abuse....
There's also a PER vent in the ventilation system but it seemed useless.
It's only useful for sneaky-speedy characters to completely hide from camera's sight.

Blackmill

Scholar
Also, acid pistols don't root Industrial Bots... I learned the hard way.
But does it root Sentry Bots and Plasma Sentries?

I believe it works on Sentry Bots but not for Plasma Sentries. Granted it's been a while since I've played, but I think the acid entanglement is like any immobilization effect. Immune enemies also don't take the extra damage from what I remember.

Parabalus

Arcane
Shotgunning is very fun and effective so far, but due to how loud it is, most maps are cleared from the starting room, since the entire enemy map aggros you.

Prob gonna get old soon, starting the expedition now.

Bit annoyed that there is no good overview of shotgun mechanics on the wiki, unlike for mostly everything else, kinda guesswork as to what combination to craft.

Snufkin

Augur
Shotgunning is very fun and effective so far, but due to how loud it is, most maps are cleared from the starting room, since the entire enemy map aggros you.

Bit annoyed that there is no good overview of shotgun mechanics on the wiki, unlike for mostly everything else, kinda guesswork as to what combination to craft.

https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4951.0

Check #3 post for shotgun details.

Parabalus

Arcane

https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4951.0

Check #3 post for shotgun details.

This has no information about shotguns, it's just build basics.

Playing shotguns is psimple, it's bugging me that I'm not sure exactly how and where pellets spray to hit primary and secondary targets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom