Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

PrettyDeadman

First candidate to Kang's army. A powerful womyn!
BJZEj6K.png

PrettyDeadman

The practice fights from the town arenas are quite visceral (nevermind the tournaments). Managed to remain the last one standing and win one of those bouts simply because I carried a sword and a shield.

I somehow managed to win a proper tournament despite making a le happy merchant and all I got was some crappy helmet. At least there seems to be types of tournaments now so it's not just the same old same old.
Training fights are absolutely lame. They throw in with a stick and no shield against archers.

deuxhero

Arcane
Estimated time till done 25 mins. I'll have been DLing for three hours when this is done. This wait for harvesting season is too much for me.

Aemar

Arcane
The practice fights from the town arenas are quite visceral (nevermind the tournaments). Managed to remain the last one standing and win one of those bouts simply because I carried a sword and a shield.

I somehow managed to win a proper tournament despite making a le happy merchant and all I got was some crappy helmet. At least there seems to be types of tournaments now so it's not just the same old same old.
Training fights are absolutely lame. They throw in with a stick and no shield against archers.
Actually you get to use various weapons, just like in Warband.

Aemar

Arcane
Apparently crafting seems to be included in the current version, it's just that you need higher skills and proper money to create something worthwhile.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
wtf is even the point of this game? (yes i know the point is $$$ duh) it's the same as the other mount and blade with SLIGHTLY upgraded graphics?

OG M+B works just fine and the game's actually released with mods and shit

all this hype for a copy paste job with new lighting

I mean you can say this about literally every game sequel ever. Or maybe you need the game to change genre. Maybe to FPS and remove all the RPG stuffs like Fallout 3?

Vincente

Arbiter
Sturgia's culture bonus looks terrible. Why didn't they give them some kind of boost to footmen instead of something that only works on a tiny part of the map? Only way I can see it being viable is if seasons are in and winter makes the whole map snowy.

Seasons are in, yes. They showed a year or two ago I think.

Aemar

Arcane
Seasons was probably the first new feature they revealed, back in like 2014-2015.

Pots Talos

Horizon's End
Developer
Downloading now. Hopefully this will stay enjoyable until the end of quarantine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Aemar

Arcane

Winning tournaments is easier than winning regular practice fights since you get to use your own gear.

AI enemies are definitely deadlier than their Warband counterparts, and can handle melee combat much better.

Still have to try out those board games you can find in each tavern. I believe there is a specific board game for each faction.

Current gameplay time: 3 hours. No crashes so far.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Just purchased and downloading at 10MB/s. Back to work for now but soon we will reduce the quantity of discourse and increase the amount of raiding.

vota DC

Augur

Can you steal their stuff after you knock them? In warband you could just take what they were using but they put bows away when you melee them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom