Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gamedec now on Kickstarter

Matt [Anshar Studios]

Anshar Studios
Developer
That line I quoted is kinda cringe-y. Maybe that entire conversation.
I can't climax without the anticipation of inflicting pain and torment.
I physically feel cringe and if the entire writing is like this, ooff.

Let me clarify - Twisted & Perverted is a world where kills give you points. The most proficient combo is killing someone while climaxing. It's a case from the book, so I understand it's hard to understand from the video. This is why Fredo shouldn't be in this game in the first place - he's just too young to experience stuff like this.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My feedback is that you should ignore Toro's feedback

I agree. I'm just an old grumpy fuck.

I don't know why but this project rubs me the wrong way. Visually is already good but I simply cannot imagine it delivering on the narrative side.

I'm out.

Matt [Anshar Studios]

Anshar Studios
Developer
Any feedback is welcome! Thanks for sharing!

Where are you located? 50k USD is relatively small amount of money to make CRPGs, do you have other source for funding?

Studio is located in Katowice, Poland. We have secured a budget, but additional funding will allow us to do some of the more expensive stuff to expand the game. But the main reason for going to KS was:

I8Z5IBE.jpg

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Looks great. And an investigative RPG is right up my alley.

But how do I know it's quality?

Goldschmidt

Learned
I am so going to fund this, just need to escape the asylum in time. The asylum is where all the sane people go while all the nutjobs are running the world.

matt: Can the deadline be postponed with another month? 60 days instead of 30?

Last edited:

Matt [Anshar Studios]

Anshar Studios
Developer
matt: Can the deadline be postponed with another month? 60 days instead of 30?

You're not the only one asking - we're thinking about an additional form of backing but we're not going to extend the Kickstarter. We have a production timeline we have to follow and after the campaign is completed, we will distribute additional funds accordingly. We also have a beta to prepare, and we don't want to rush anything.

Goldschmidt

Learned
You're not the only one asking - we're thinking about an additional form of backing but we're not going to extend the Kickstarter. We have a production timeline we have to follow and after the campaign is completed, we will distribute additional funds accordingly. We also have a beta to prepare, and we don't want to rush anything.

Someone funded for me. Looking forward to release and plz take your time to make the best game possible with the team and resources that are to your disposal.

Matt [Anshar Studios]

Anshar Studios
Developer
Someone funded for me. Looking forward to release and plz take your time to make the best game possible with the team and resources that are to your disposal.

That is very well put, Sir! Our CEO always says that we shouldn't rush nor crunch. We have a strick no-crunch policy. Craft is the word we use a lot in Anshar.

m_s0

Arcane
What's the original language of the script? Polish or English?

I don't mean to be a dick about it, honest, but I'm getting major 'Russian game poorly translated into English' vibes from the gameplay you've shown, and your Kickstarter page reads about the same to me. Takes me right back to the fallow years about two decades ago, and that's not nostalgia I'm particularly eager to revisit. English that doesn't sound like English is a hard pass for me in what's supposed to be a narrative-driven crpg.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom