Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's my number one issue with the turn based mod which seems to somehow make it even worse. You can have a straight path to a mob and charge only to have the asshole run back and forth up and down the line, triggering everything's AoOs, then if he survives, he goes where you wanted him to in the first place. It makes no sense. It bugs me even more than the 5 foot step that should reach attack range but actually doesn't.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
we should have asked if pathfinding would be improved.
I think programming spatial awareness that humans achieve just by looking at the map might be very difficult and / or require lots of calculation, so I am not hopeful.
You learn how to solve pathfinding problems during your university years. Being in the industry and not being able to develop an AI with excellent pathfinding capabilities is inexcusable. You don't have to take into account possible disasters and endless possibilities, you have a well-defined map and a predetermined set of moving objects.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You don't have to take into account possible disasters and endless possibilities, you have a well-defined map and a predetermined set of moving objects.
The question is: will the pathfinding algorithm on such a map be significantly different from simple backtracking? Meaning, having different O(n)?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's over bros! They wasted the 2 million on cat shelters!
https://owlcatgames.com/news/47
>Our new high-end Owlcat Care facility opened in Moscow on March 22. Now anyone can come and meet our cute owlcats, which are available for adoption!

New shelter opens its doors!
March 23, 2020

Our new high-end Owlcat Care facility opened in Moscow on March 22. Now anyone can come and meet our cute owlcats, which are available for adoption!

The new compound consists of several buildings with all what is required for a life of an owlcat of any age and breed. We even have an enclosed outdoor area for our fosterlings to play and train in. With a separate building for visitors, you can meet your possible pet and play with them!

Our medical room is filled with high-end equipment with the best professionals attending our owlcats.

A separate building for studies of owlcats, where most brilliant professionals work on improving the perception of those beautiful creatures and help us to improve their life.

We are also running several volunteer programs to help our new peers to adapt and start a new life after they were abandoned. “Pet the feather”, “Night on the Hunt” and “Without a beak” proved to be effective and led to great success. All the owlcats that participated in those programs recovered and are ready to be loyal companions.

In this new shelter we have accommodations for up to 300 owlcats. Each breed has a separate area, so they won’t conflict between each other. It also allows us to reduce stress for our fosterlings. With it we can partially recreate their habitat and provide the proper nutrition for each and any species.

Our current residents include some of the most beautiful owlcats from across the world! Come and visit our new shelter - it will help you to fill the owlcat-shaped void in your heart.

And here are some of the residents:

OlUkHjJ.jpg

Jacque is magnificent.

images.jpg

Star and Tabaxi are awaiting their future owners!

46e464ce5d2b02de1c886b8d56da7db3.jpg

Feather and John might be a bit shy, but they will be great friends for the whole family!

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like how they added fake dates so people wouldn't immediately spot the joke.

https://owlcatgames.com/news/45

Sasquatch Owlcat and how to take care of it
March 19, 2020

Shy and careful around strangers, the Sasquatch Owlcat is anything but reserved with its owner. This owlcat is a devoted and affectionate breed, likely to greet its owner at the door and partake in a game of fetch. They are also very intelligent and make for loving companions, even in households with other pets and older children who aren’t overly rambunctious.

Origin: Canada

Other names: Fetcher

uDCRYfX.jpg

Training

The Sasquatch Owlcat is happy to spend stretches of his day relaxing in the sun or being pet by his owner, but their high intelligence and agile body means that they also crave daily exercise and mental stimulation. If you have two Sasquatch Owlcats, they can play with each other, then curl up for a mutual bathing session. Sasquatch Owlcats are also known to particularly enjoy a game of fetch and are likely to bring you a favorite toy to start one up.

Habits & Exercise

While the Sasquatch Owlcat can be adaptable, this breed craves habit and a schedule whenever possible. They are affectionate and loving with their family (and they aren’t likely to play favorites), but when strangers show up, you may be more likely to find them hiding under the bed. Once a Sasquatch Owlcat has decided that a newcomer is not a threat, however, he will approach for a head scratch. Sasquatch Owlcats are content as long as they have enough room to play and a lap to sleep in. They are also a pretty quiet breed, except for when food is on its way. They are not very good about sticking to their own food bowls, though, and tend to forget that the human’s ‘food bowls’ are not for them.

Nutrition

Sasquatch Owlcats are generally insectivorous feeding on a wide range of insects; however, they may take small birds, small mammals - such as bats and mice - as well as earthworms, amphibians and aquatic invertebrates. Though special types of owlcat food might suffice. But better consult with the veterinarian first.

https://owlcatgames.com/news/46

One of the species is in danger - and you can help!
March 30, 2020

One of the most beautiful species of owlcats - Great Northern Owlcat - is in danger! Because of their lifestyle, they love to nest on the edge of the woods in the Northern Hemisphere. And, often, they lose their homes due to deforestation.

4945a2cf7d92b144db911cbc01e66cf6.jpg

They are also quite shy, and, even if deforestation won’t harm them, they might leave their nests because of human presence. This leads to abandon of their eggs or chicks.

Those gentle creatures and their area of habitat should be protected. We are currently preparing a campaign to make areas, populated by Great Northern Owlcats, a nature reserve. Those territories don’t cover huge portions of land and are, mosly, enclaves in the Northern forests.

We hope that you can help us and spread the word about the danger that Great Northern Owlcats are facing!

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Still no sign of Alpha....
You probably don't unserstand the severity and haphazardness of the quarantine implementation in Moscow. it is complete chaos with police cars patrolling streets and shouting at people one day and crowded mass transit the next day.

So the mere fact that the Owlcats are capable enough to post April Fool jokes is very good news by itself. Unfortunately.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Gentlemen, ladies, I have it in good standing. That something is going to happen in a week. An anon has told me that they watched the developers stream on twitch. From that stream the developers said that they will release the backer portal in two weeks. Or something to that effect.

This is my source:
N8Ocu67.png

Thank you for you time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom