Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laz Sundays

Educated
Use this on the top right corner:
hpC7yDW.png

Thanks, now I know the problem, I think I don't have that option cause I'm still on trial or smthing, here:
IQOWFc4m.png

(open it in new tab if it doesn't show here idk it won't let me show the full pic in line)

I'm still learning things sorry. I'm not sure which are trial limitations and which are my mistakes yet.. I learned how to ignore, that's something. Thanks for taking time to help me, GarfunkeL I don't have the search option otherwise I'm sure I'd manage to be less annoying to others.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Didn't even know that trials cannot use the forum search. Paste this in Google
"site:rpgcodex.net temple+"
and it'll return all the posts with that word in them. But we don't have that many threads about Temple+ anyway so you might not get anything relevant.

Bohandas

Educated
I'm having some trouble with my troll characters being killed by spells that shouldn't kill them, such as the slavers' Cloudkill spell (which should only deal ability damage) and the drow matriarch's Blasphemy (which should only daze, weaken, amd paralyze them).

I think the game is treating them as if they had only their character class HD (which is odd, as it seems to factor in racial HD when determining XP gains)

(and speaking of XP, the trolls really ought to start with the appropriate amount of XP for a level 11 character)

Fixed HD issue in v1.0.83

Last edited by a moderator:

Bohandas

Educated
Additionally, heavy armors don't seem to account for trolls' increased base speed. They theoretically should have a speed of 30 feet while wearing full plate (I think, IIRC)

Bohandas

Educated
I don't know. I don't think so.

Is there literally more than one version of the mod, or is it a setting I can check and change if need be?

EDIT:
I see neither an alternate version on the release page nor an option in Templ+ Configuration

Last edited:
Sitra Achara
So got back to ToEE after a while.
Installed GoG version, Co8 Modpack and Temple+
GoG version was running fine; Activated Co8 New Content v8.1.0 and it was running fine too.
But Temple+ v1.0.75 is giving runtime error and crashing.

I disabled AA, ran in fullscreen mode; updated directx etc. still the same issue persists. the .log file in Temple+ is also empty btw.

any help?

Chaotic_Heretic We've seen very early crashes (as in: empty logfile) when the TemplePlus.ini file somehow got corrupted. Can you send your .ini file to templeplushelp@gmail.com please, I'll take a look if that's it.
Will do, but just a thought the temple+ v1.0.13 (latest before directx 11 overhaul) works fine; I will try a direct x 11 update from a third party site and then see.

Pugmeister
Temple+ v1.075 runs fine on a fully updated windows 7.

But I usually do uninstall of problematic windows updates after full install.

You can grab the unisntall script from major geeks here: https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/remove_telemetry_win10_upgrade_updates_script.html

list of windows update uninstalled
  • KB2505438 (Although it claims to fix performance issues, it often breaks fonts)
  • KB2670838 (The EVIL Update, breaks AERO on Windows 7 and makes some fonts on websites fuzzy, Windows 7 specific update only, do not install IE10 or 11 otherwise it will be bundled with them, IE9 is the max version you should install)
  • KB2882822 (Very fishy update that just popped up with not enough detail about it)
  • KB2902907 (Microsoft Security Essentials)
  • KB2952664 ("Get Windows 10" Assistant)
  • KB2976978 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation for Windows 8)
  • KB2977759 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation for Windows 7)
  • KB2990214 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation for Windows 7)
  • KB3012973 (Force Trigger Download and Install of Windows 10)
  • KB3015249 (Adds telemetry points to consent.exe in Windows 7 & Windows 8)
  • KB3021917 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation + Telemetry)
  • KB3022345 (Telemetry)
  • KB3035583 (GWX Update installs the "Get Windows 10" app in Windows 7 & Windows 8)
  • KB3042058 (Microsoft claims its a security update but it contains Winlogon Spying)
  • KB3044374 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 8 systems)
  • KB3050267 (Windows 10 upgrade preparation but also adds the option in GPEDIT to disable Windows 10 upgrade altogether so you may want to actually install this)
  • KB3064683 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 8)
  • KB3065987 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7)
  • KB3065988 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 8)
  • KB3068708 (Telemetry)
  • KB3072318 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation for Windows 8)
  • KB3074677 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation)
  • KB3075249 (Telemetry)
  • KB3075851 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7)
  • KB3075853 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 8)
  • KB3080149 (Telemetry)
  • KB3081437 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation)
  • KB3081454 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation)
  • KB3081954 (Telemetry Update for Windows 7)
  • KB3083324 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation for Windows 7)
  • KB3083325 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation for Windows 8)
  • KB3083710 (Update for the Windows Update client with sketchy details for Windows 7, see this thread)
  • KB3083711 (Update for the Windows Update client with sketchy details for Windows 8, see this thread)
  • KB3086255 (Flagged as an Important update. It disables SafeDisc games in Windows Vista, 7, and 8/8.1)
  • KB3088195 (Miscorosft Claims it's a security update but also has a key logger on the Kernel Level)
  • KB3090045 (Windows 10 Upgrade Update for Windows 7/8)
  • KB3093983 (Microsoft claims it's a security update but it contains IE spying)
  • KB3102810 (Fixes an issue regarding long wait while searching for Windows Updates but also has Windows 10 Upgrade preparation for Windows 7)
  • KB3102812 (Fixes an issue regarding long wait while searching for Windows Updates but also has Windows 10 Upgrade preparation for Windows 8)
  • KB3107998 (Removes Lenovo USB Blocker)
  • KB3112336 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 8)
  • KB3112343 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7)
  • KB3123862 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7 & 8)
  • KB3125574 (Telemetry for Windows 7)
  • KB3133977 (adds UEFI Secure Boot to Windows 7 computers and renders them unbootable)
  • KB3135445 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7)
  • KB3135449 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 8)
  • KB3138612 (Fishy update to for Windows Updates)
  • KB3138615
  • KB3139929 (Fishy update for Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 Upgrade)
  • KB3139923 (Update adds a point telemetry consent.exe file)
  • KB3146449 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7/8)
  • KB3150513 (Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7/8)
  • KB3161608 (Update adds a point telemetry consent.exe file)
  • KB3163589 (Report on the work of running an outdated version of Windows)
  • KB3172605 (Update adds a point telemetry consent.exe file)
  • KB3173040 (Windows 10 Upgrade notice)
  • KB4012218 (Windows Update processor generation detection)
  • KB4012219 (Windows Update processor generation detection)
  • KB4015546 (Hardware check for CPU Platform for Windows 7)
  • KB4015547 (Hardware check for CPU Platform for Windows 8)
  • KB2976978 (Useless diagnostics update for those who participated in the Windows improvement program)

So Temple+ uses some of the updates in the above list as a prerequisite. If that is the case i would rather make do with Temple v1.0.13

Mathalor

Educated
I started a game a few weeks ago. Temple + 1.075 with co8. I have relaxed crafting reqs turned on.

I remember giant frogs being subject to sneak attacks without temple plus, but now I cannot sneak attack them.

I'm leveling Pishella, she's level 1 sorceror and level 7 wizard with craft arms and armor. When I try to enchant a mithril shirt with other enchantments on it with Freedom, the enchantment is in red and tells me that I need caster level 7, which she has.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
With T+ 1.0.75 + Co8 8.1.0 I can sneak attack the frogs.

Do you have enough money and experience for the craft? (had to ask)

Mathalor

Educated
Yes, I think so. It has twilight and +2 on it, I have 10k gold and 1200 exp on her.

This was the giant frogs in front of the moathouse. I'm not sure what else might be relevant. I tried flanking with a longspear and shooting while they were flatfooted with a longbow with an elf rogue, level 5, I think (I kept playing a while before making this post).

Edit: Just attacked a random encounter frog and was able to sneak attack. Pishella has 2600 exp and still cannot craft the thing.

Last edited:

Mathalor

Educated
The listed reqs for the freedom enhancement are level 7, and wizards don't get the freedom of movement spell, but the relaxed crafting reqs cover arms and armor.

I can't find the freedom enhancement through websearch.

Pishella is now level 1 sorc / 8 wizard with 1180 exp, and I took practiced spellcaster - arcane.

Also, both classes received extra caster levels. I didn't get to choose any extra spells for my sorceror.

Edit: Finally unlocked it. I'm guessing the crafting req is off by a level or two.

Last edited:

Mcin

Novice
Hi, before I go into full log report, quick 2 question:
1. I installed ToEE from CD -> Co8 -> portraits -> Temple+. Temple plus says that ToEE4.dat is missing.
My CD edition claims that patch 2.0 is pre-installed. This is Polish "Extra Klayska" re-edition, meaing that I own so-called "kurwa editor" out of box.
Is it possible that they lied to me, and now I have to reinstall everything and get the patch?
2. If I reinstall everything, will my saves be working?

Mcin

Novice
First, sorry for double-posting, but I cannot edit.

Second, I was trying to identify where the problem exactly lies and went to a bit of troubleshooting, until I hit the wall...

1. Describe your configuration
    System setup: windows 7 Pro PL
    Intel i5 6400, 16 gb ram, Gf GTX 950

ToEE version: Polish CD re-edition including patch 2.0 and world editor out-of-box.
    Co8 8.1 Content Edition installed and activated and portrait packs added before installation of Temple+.
    Recent Temple+ 1.7.5 from the moddb installed; automatic updates enabled.

2. Post the log file
    https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/UYsS9ep8/file.html

3. Reproduction steps
    Temple plus says that ToEE4.dat is missing.

So, My installation certainly had Co8 and Temple+ working to some extent - I've been going through changelog of both and identified a lot of features that were provided by the mods:
    -Co8 - starting from filled-up handbook and extra dialogue lines, entry shop with 500 gold feature some extra spells and items described in the changelog, slides when entering areas; also, I have Co8 logo on loading screen.
    -Portrait packs - obvious :)
    -Temple+ - better pathfinding, HD resolution, Aid-> wake up, extra tactical moves in circle menu, new races & classes on startup (yep, I have aasimir paladin).

Still, the Temple+launcher cries for toee4.dat.

Thus, I decided to re-install everything to check maybe I really lack a patch and some features are missing.

Installed ToEE from CD again -> still no toEE4.dat, no trace of file like that directly on the CDs. Readme claims patch 2.0 PL is installed. I checked in-game - bard's song action is indeed fixed as patch notes claim.
    Last note says it's toee-patch2-beta8 : 2004-04-12, so I thought that maybe patch 2 beta != patch2 pl and I lack some features.
    I downloaded patch 2 pl from the web - cannot install, claims ToEE.exe version is wrong.
    Downloaded patch 2 enu from web - claims no Toee is installed.

Moddb explicitly claims that it means I have no patch 2.0 :/ ToEE4.dat missing Thread - Temple+ mod for The Temple of Elemental Evil - Mod DB, Thus, I think it's time to post logs

4. Crash Dump File
    2 dumps together with logs.

5. Attach a save game demonstrating the problem
    Saves vanished as I tried to reinstall the game, sorry :/

PS if there's any way I can clearly define if I miss something that should be present in ToEE4.dat after installing mods, please tell me and I'll do the triage.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Maybe the polish patch doesn't have that, not sure. You can probably run it despite that, but I don't know what the consequences may be.

Mcin

Novice
Now I'm puzzled, as I'd love to report some bugs and feature suggestions and I can't even tell if they come from Vanilla, Co8, T+ or crappy PL reedition...

In Moathouse I found out a bug with pathfinding while fighting with ghouls and gnolls, and this was posted as fixed in T+. Ghouls issue should be possible to replicate, and my question is if I make a repro and document well, will you be able to identify If that's prob with my installation or something withing T+?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Feel free to post it. Odds are your install is fine and whatever it is is just an unresolved PF bug.

Mcin

Novice
Ok, It looked like it would take me a lot of time to go back to situation with ghouls (too little saves in moathouse) but I found even more obvious PF bug in Nulb:
https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/qh0ZHVT
repro: just move first character, Prawak, trait to Snake pit's door.
shortie video POC: https://vimeo.com/415621295
similar bugs are becoming more common inside the temple

So either I found PF bug or a proof that my T+ instalation is slightly off.

Berul

Literate
I bought the game on GOG about 10 days ago and installed Co8 aswell as temple+. Until now, I've really enjoyed the game.

Today, I noticed that, when hovering the pointer over a door, there was a small hand icon that I had never seen before instead of the arrow icon I was used to.

At first, I thought that this was some kind of minor bug (I even remember thinking to myself that the game couldn't have possibily been patched), then I noticed temple+ had been updated from 1.0.75 to 1.0.76.

Great job Sitra !

The game combat engine is really great, definitely one of the best I've seen in CRPG games, and encouraging the making of mods for such a game is a cool idea.

While I'm here, I'd like to ask a question, although I'm not sure that it's related to temple+.

I've tried opening the Fire Temple Chest (the one near the salamanders fight) and, strangely, if I fail my first attempt to disarm the trap, it isn't possible to retry disarming it, and it also isn't possible to open the chest thereafter.

It may not be a bug, but it does look like one. And since I haven't encountered many bugs until now (not a single major one, in fact, just 2 CTDs), I was wondering if it could be related to the change of version of temple+.

Fixed v1.0.83

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I bought the game on GOG about 10 days ago and installed Co8 aswell as temple+. Until now, I've really enjoyed the game.

Today, I noticed that, when hovering the pointer over a door, there was a small hand icon that I had never seen before instead of the arrow icon I was used to.

At first, I thought that this was some kind of minor bug (I even remember thinking to myself that the game couldn't have possibily been patched), then I noticed temple+ had been updated from 1.0.75 to 1.0.76.

Great job Sitra !

The game combat engine is really great, definitely one of the best I've seen in CRPG games, and encouraging the making of mods for such a game is a cool idea.

While I'm here, I'd like to ask a question, although I'm not sure that it's related to temple+.

I've tried opening the Fire Temple Chest (the one near the salamanders fight) and, strangely, if I fail my first attempt to disarm the trap, it isn't possible to retry disarming it, and it also isn't possible to open the chest thereafter.

It may not be a bug, but it does look like one. And since I haven't encountered many bugs until now (not a single major one, in fact, just 2 CTDs), I was wondering if it could be related to the change of version of temple+.
Hi! Glad you like it.

Can you send the save to the help email? templeplushelp @gmail.com

Mcin

Novice
How are you launch9ng the game?
Temple+ shortcut. First run was configurator. I'm usually using windows account with no admin rights.
And with recent release, auto-updater worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom