Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's in and out, actually.

21750.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The towns look really pretty but it seems almost pointless to actually walk around in them, except for roleplaying (larping).

Agreed. I love that you can click on a portrait and be taken directly to that person to speed things up.

During the campaign / quests some people don't show up in the fast click menu and you have to enter the town to find them.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Apparently you can't choose your starting area. Bit disappointing.
It's the campaign mode, so probably that's why.
They could give different starting weapons for each background: as two handed battanian with bow skills I had only one handed and polearm weapons for the whole tutorial.
The third to last character choice (military career) does exactly that.

I played Bannerlord yesterday and I thought it was okay.

10 hours went by quicker than I could realise. The game is just as engrossing as Warband. But a little bit more polished in some areas, but not others like [STRING LITTLE BROTHER INVALID NAME NOT FOUND] oh and that awful bit where [STRING GIVING A SHIT INVALID] However, Native is still a pretty bland setting.

Bring on the Warhammer and LotR mods.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Got it for 40 Eurobucks at Cdkeys! Good bargain. Can't wait to give it a try.

Regarding the collision problems that Lithium Flower is describing, I doubt anything that was fixable in Warband won't be fixable in Bannerlord. :fabulously_optimistic:

Got it for 40 Eurobucks at Cdkeys! Good bargain. Can't wait to give it a try.

Regarding the collision problems that Lithium Flower is describing, I doubt anything that was fixable in Warband won't be fixable in Bannerlord. :fabulously_optimistic:

By all accounts, everything should be even more fixable. Taleworlds are claiming much less of Bannerlord is hardcoded. So even greater feats of modding can be achieved even easier than before.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The character editor reminds me of the story when I let my wife play Dragon Age Inquisition. Spent 40 minutes just on choosing a hairstyle in the character editor. In the end went with a Qunari.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The character editor reminds me of the story when I let my wife play Dragon Age Inquisition. Spent 40 minutes just on choosing a hairstyle in the character editor. In the end went with a Qunari.
I'd say that every gamer who ever played a game that had a character editor with their partner knows that particular problem...

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
The asymmetry option is a nice touch, given how deformed people were in the middle ages.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom