Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if all the issues with combat could be fixed with a simple stamina system. Kinda find it annoying how AI with a fast weapon can spam it without any issues. It's like trying to block a helicopter rotor going at full speed at times. It would also lower the deadliness of infantry going at each other. Also wounds could have an effect too. Serious cut in the leg to slow you down/stamina regain etc.

Now I wouldn't want it to be extreme like in Dark Souls where one swing tires you out, but maybe just something to balance things out. Less armored dudes would also benefit from this, they could be faster and have more stamina. I mean they are already faster without the stamina in-game, but have more stamina to spend. Attacking would of course tire you out faster than blocking, so if you are good at blocking you can tire one of those ninjas out.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
This is the best weapon so far. The lances are really bad they spazz around when they are couched. With this I can swing it much faster than a couched lance and it is still a 1 hit kill.

C8ZDJag.jpg

It is really hard to get levels I've conquered half the map and only level 9 and none of my skills are over 100. I may have made a mistake. The new system discourages trying to battles where your character kills a massive amount of people because you don't really get XP so combat orientated characters seem like a bit of a waste.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if all the issues with combat could be fixed with a simple stamina system. Kinda find it annoying how AI with a fast weapon can spam it without any issues. It's like trying to block a helicopter rotor going at full speed at times. It would also lower the deadliness of infantry going at each other. Also wounds could have an effect too. Serious cut in the leg to slow you down/stamina regain etc.

Now I wouldn't want it to be extreme like in Dark Souls where one swing tires you out, but maybe just something to balance things out. Less armored dudes would also benefit from this, they could be faster and have more stamina. I mean they are already faster without the stamina in-game, but have more stamina to spend. Attacking would of course tire you out faster than blocking, so if you are good at blocking you can tire one of those ninjas out.
iI've never played vanilla Warband or M&B but a stamina system existed as an optional feature in the Brytenwalda mod, which later became rebranded as Viking Conquest. I'm surprised that this and so many other improvements have been ignored. BTW, I'm not the same kind of optimist as many others about Bannerlord's modding scene. It's been 8 years, and many people may simply not be there any more.

Incantatar

Cipher
Either I really lucked out with my first workshop, or wood workshops in general generate absurd amounts of money - I recouped my initial investment of 12k in less than a week.
Feels a bit like cheating. I'm swimming in cash.
Until that point, playing on realistic felt more like Awoiaf then vanilla Warband. Hardcore difficult. I like it.

I'm amazed that everybody can even play the game. I bought it yesterday and tried several times to get past the tutorial/map screen only for the game to crash every time. Changing the settings didn't seem to do anything either.
And the weirdest part is that it didn't seem to use the gpu at all. My CPU was melting while the gpu still at 40°. I mean the gpu is top of the line while the CPU is getting old but still, I never had such a extreme discrepancy. Had to refund due to concern of my pc catching fire...

But I might try some warband mods. Always played without until now.

I recommend Prophecy of Pendor.

A horse of course

I had no crashes for 14hrs until I raided a desert bandit camp. Game crashed as soon as the bandit leader appeared in a cutscene. Then the crash reporter crashed. :balance:

Hellion

Arcane
A small 600+ kb patch was released on Steam a few minutes ago.

Versions
Native: e1.0.0
SandboxCore: e1.0.1
Sandbox: e1.0.1
Storymode: e1.0.1
CustomBattle: e1.0.1

• Fixed a rare crash when opening the multiplayer team selection screen.
  • Fixed a crash caused by timeout for the Army of Poachers quest.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when failing Army of Poachers quest without fighting.
  • Fixed a crash caused by the Gang Leader Needs Weapons daily issue creation.
  • Fixed a crash caused by the Bounty Hunters quest success and fail consequences.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurs when talking to common area thugs.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when talking with village notables to get a quest.
  • Fixed a rare conversation freeze when following an NPC to find a quest hero.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after clearing the Rival Gang quest.
  • Corrected the weapons of some ranged units.
  • Some troops that were using noble tier weapons received more appropriate equipment.
  • Some weapon parts' crafting material costs were fixed.
  • Some minor equipment changes for Aserai, Battania, and Khuzait troops.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when helping an allied party that is besieging a settlement.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when helping an allied party that is getting attacked while besieging enemy settlement.
  • A rare crash caused by AI clans joining kingdoms as mercenaries has been fixed.
  • Fixed a problem that locked the player in a conversation after asking a villager to take you to a character.
  • Fixed a crash with the quest Lord Needs Garrison Troops that occurred for some Vlandian castles.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when talking to people (townsmen, townswomen, child, infant) in towns and villages.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when running out of stamina while crafting charcoal.
  • Fixed a crash caused by the Rival Gang quest. If this quest was done before, there is a chance your save is already broken. Future errors are fixed.
  • Unintended consequences for clans that leave their kingdoms have been removed.
  • Players will now be able to make peace with minor faction lords through barter, saving them from a soft-lock to join kingdoms.
  • Siege tactic default weapons have changed.
  • Capped daily workshop income at 200.
  • Clan tier maximum party size bonus formula has changed.
  • Fixed some of the crashes after launching and on scene entry.
  • Fixed the infinite loading issue with some scenes.
  • Fixed a crash when switching options to low or very low.
  • Fixed an issue with the crash uploader.

Please note: You can roll back to the previous version by using the beta tab in the Steam game properties window.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Them Looters are way stronger than in Warband or base M&B. There goes my dream of soloing Looters->Sea Raiders.
Get horse archers from the Mongols. Charge with the archers, as soon as they break the formation of the charging enemy, charge with everyone else. Tactic is working great for me. Leveling units without losses.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
  • Capped daily workshop income at 200.

Is ths before or after the 100 gold cost of paying the workers at each workshop? If it's the former, what's the point of paying 15k for a workshop then?

I think it's just a stop-gap while they find a way to fix the economy. This stuff is all simulated, so I doubt they'd want to stick with a hard limit.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
Them Looters are way stronger than in Warband or base M&B. There goes my dream of soloing Looters->Sea Raiders.
Get horse archers from the Mongols. Charge with the archers, as soon as they break the formation of the charging enemy, charge with everyone else. Tactic is working great for me. Leveling units without losses.
Also, really loving the AI for horse archers. Whatever is wrong with the melee AI, the rest of the troops work really well.

thesecret1

Arcane
The AI balance seems to be all over the place. When I go against javeliners, I can just leisurely ride around them in circles while they expend all their ammo with hilariously shit aim. But the moment they get their hands on bows, they suddenly turn into William Tell on steroids and have no problems sniping me from across the map.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Had no crashes so far but frequent hitching makes it unplayable. Settings don't matter. My system is outdated but plays Doom Eternal, Witcher 3 etc just fine at 1080p with either maxed settings (almost any game) or just a bit reduced (doom eternal, dunno if I could increase). I've only ever had issues with a few very badly optimized games before iirc.

People with NASA Mainframe-level PC's are reporting the same issue seemingly irrespective of OS or HD/SSD, graphics card, processor... None of the suggested fixes do anything. Note that not everyone has these hitching issues, but so far no one has figured out what specifically causes them on some systems.

Lots of reports of the game eating any amount of RAM people have (no matter the amount) and whatnot.
EDIT: They often state that the ram usage is close to or at 100% but task manager still says that there's RAM left for some reason. Some weird bug?

Loads of issues like entire lines of goods missing from stores (certain faction's armor and such), quest bugs, some bandit types bizarrely overpowered and murdering elite faction infantry easy, bizarre item stats...

There's a lot of stuff wrong which even a basic internal SP test should have caught... Weird.

For the long dev time this is disappointing... Time to wait even longer, I guess.
If there's one thing you can say for Taleworlds it's that while they're not super-competent on a technical level and never were, they do support their products seemingly forever.

So I'm hoping this will be playable for me eventually...

I have massive performance issues too. My CPU is old as fuck so I figured it might be responsible, but no. The fan isn't running loudly, it's not overheating, it seems to be doing less intensive work than with some other games. My GPU is only a year old and pretty good, so it can't be the culprit. I think the issue is RAM and memory leaks. The game runs decently enough at first, but the longer I play the worse performance gets. Just now I quit the game because it had gotten bad enough to become unresponsive. Tried to ctrl-alt-del to open task manager but my Win 7 told me it couldn't open the ctrl-alt-del menu, which points to there not being enough RAM for it. So I patiently waited for the menu to become responsive at least and quit the game that way, which took over 5 minutes.

I googled the issue and it seems to be a memory leak issue. Other people are experiencing it, too.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Wait do we actually get any exp on TRAINING fights on arena? I was trying to win it for like 2 hours (instead i got arrows and javelins in my ass) but after it i didnt found any changes in my stats.

thesecret1

Arcane
Bows seem rather overpowered overall, actually. It's not just the AI that has a hilariously easy time sniping everyone, but it's easy for me too, despite having little to no skill with the bow.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Had no crashes so far but frequent hitching makes it unplayable. Settings don't matter. My system is outdated but plays Doom Eternal, Witcher 3 etc just fine at 1080p with either maxed settings (almost any game) or just a bit reduced (doom eternal, dunno if I could increase). I've only ever had issues with a few very badly optimized games before iirc.

People with NASA Mainframe-level PC's are reporting the same issue seemingly irrespective of OS or HD/SSD, graphics card, processor... None of the suggested fixes do anything. Note that not everyone has these hitching issues, but so far no one has figured out what specifically causes them on some systems.

Lots of reports of the game eating any amount of RAM people have (no matter the amount) and whatnot.
EDIT: They often state that the ram usage is close to or at 100% but task manager still says that there's RAM left for some reason. Some weird bug?

Loads of issues like entire lines of goods missing from stores (certain faction's armor and such), quest bugs, some bandit types bizarrely overpowered and murdering elite faction infantry easy, bizarre item stats...

There's a lot of stuff wrong which even a basic internal SP test should have caught... Weird.

For the long dev time this is disappointing... Time to wait even longer, I guess.
If there's one thing you can say for Taleworlds it's that while they're not super-competent on a technical level and never were, they do support their products seemingly forever.

I have massive performance issues too. My CPU is old as fuck so I figured it might be responsible, but no. The fan isn't running loudly, it's not overheating, it seems to be doing less intensive work than with some other games. My GPU is only a year old and pretty good, so it can't be the culprit. I think the issue is RAM and memory leaks. The game runs decently enough at first, but the longer I play the worse performance gets. Just now I quit the game because it had gotten bad enough to become unresponsive. Tried to ctrl-alt-del to open task manager but my Win 7 told me it couldn't open the ctrl-alt-del menu, which points to there not being enough RAM for it. So I patiently waited for the menu to become responsive at least and quit the game that way, which took over 5 minutes.

I googled the issue and it seems to be a memory leak issue. Other people are experiencing it, too.

The memory leak(s) are a separate issue to what I'm experiencing, I think. The hitching starts right away in the tutorial for me and happens at seemingly random intervals.
Ram usage isn't maxed for me either...

Oh well. We've waited for an eternity, we can wait some more, I guess :/

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bows seem rather overpowered overall, actually. It's not just the AI that has a hilariously easy time sniping everyone, but it's easy for me too, despite having little to no skill with the bow.

Not sure how to fix bows without making it frustrating as hell to use. If you lower the damage too much they would just be pointless to use and unrealistic. Harder to aim with, maybe. Maybe increase the expanding reticule a bit while you suck at the skill? Not sure though, but bows have always been a serious killer in M&B. All the other weapons have some sort of negative aspect to it, but not bows. Crossbow take long time to reload and the heavy ones you can't reload on horse back. Throwing weapons don't reach that far and usually you only get a few of them.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The memory leak(s) are a separate issue to what I'm experiencing, I think. The hitching starts right away in the tutorial for me and happens at seemingly random intervals.
Ram usage isn't maxed for me either...

Oh well. We've waited for an eternity, we can wait some more, I guess :/

Starts early for me too but it got better by reducing the texture streaming option to low (which is an option that takes a lot of RAM), and it gets worse the longer I play, which is definitely a sign of memory leak.

Sadly I couldn't even open task manager to look at memory usage when the game crapped itself. Looks like memory was so overloaded even TM couldn't load anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom