Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who else 32GB master race here?

I only have 16 but works flawless for me. I'm actually surprised so many are having trouble with it. I was sure I was going to but as I mentioned before it runs better than Warband comparable with the amount of actors it allows. Warband starts to stutter for me if I go over 300 or so.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When I tried the game the CPU overheating was definitely a separate issue. I could still alt tab and task manager was working fine. Only the CPU got hammered. But as I said it might be due to its age. Otherwise my specs are fine 16gb ram, newish 1070, SSD all that jazz. But it didn't matter one bit. I have an i5 3750k or something. Maybe the engine hates ivy bridge architecture in particular.

If the game time fine for the majority maybe it is finally time to upgrade. Any CPU recommendations, aside from buy the newest Intel chip?

Tiger

Learned
When I tried the game the CPU overheating was definitely a separate issue. I could still alt tab and task manager was working fine. Only the CPU got hammered. But as I said it might be due to its age. Otherwise my specs are fine 16gb ram, newish 1070, SSD all that jazz. But it didn't matter one bit. I have an i5 3750k or something. Maybe the engine hates ivy bridge architecture in particular.

If the game time fine for the majority maybe it is finally time to upgrade. Any CPU recommendations, aside from buy the newest Intel chip?

Avoid AMD like the plague. Chips for cheap fucktard peasants.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who else 32GB master race here?

I only have 16 but works flawless for me. I'm actually surprised so many are having trouble with it. I was sure I was going to but as I mentioned before it runs better than Warband comparable with the amount of actors it allows. Warband starts to stutter for me if I go over 300 or so.

I have 8 gigs of RAM and the game starts crapping itself around 40 minutes in.

thesecret1

Arcane
Not sure how to fix bows without making it frustrating as hell to use. If you lower the damage too much they would just be pointless to use and unrealistic. Harder to aim with, maybe.
Yeah, aiming should be the way to go. I might be remembering wrong, but I think not even in Warband were bows THIS easy to use. It feels like even a character with zero points in bows can be pretty accurate with it, which may be why the AI appears to be using laser guided arrows – if their shit stats are supposed to make them less accurate, but don't actually play a role, then no wonder even random bandits have the skill of a master archer.

Perkel

Arcane
Well, no longer you can just ride around bandits. AI seems to know how to take out horsemen and how to defend.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
this game is already great fun and it has the potential to become one of the greatest games of all time

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
to you with weak CPUs and performance issues: lower sound channels to Lowest. this has been reported to work for many people.

Last edited:

Funposter

Arcane
To add to performance concerns:

I have an R7 1700 @ 3.85GHz, a GTX 1080 and 16GB of RAM @ 3000MHz. I'm running the game off a Mushkin Reactor 1TB with pretty good read/write speeds (something like 540MB/s and 520MB/s) and I am still experiencing pretty frequent hitching. It's not unplayable, but it definitely feels like a super unpolished build that wasn't really ready for a public release. Performance issues in terms of FPS have really only occurred in that 1,000 person siege battle where the game shit the bed. I also ran into a weird bug where the lighting in one of the Vlandian cities was completely broken, with a sharp transition to super bright, blown out lighting right next to the normal looking shadows etc.

What were they doing for eight years?

Zariusz

Arbiter
Spear and shield duels in tournaments should be illegal. It is painful to watch and even more painful to play. One Shield and spear round can last as long as one tournament.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Lol bros this is idiotic, i just found ruler of sturgia with just only one troop (actually all others were wounded but it was still only like 20 of them). I asked him about quest stuff and then attacked him. My army is just 20 filthy imperial recruits and its day 128 and i captured Grand prince of Sturgia .
X4mLnNs.jpg

And here is our hero, ruler of Sturgia, in shitty leather lamellar.
TblIVnE.jpg

Dead
T5JsPcN.jpg

Hellion

Arcane
Heh, I got a quest from a noble in Northern Empire that actually requires you to wander around the streets of a city. Apparently there's a spy somewhere, and you have to ask around for anything suspicious. The townspeople give you hints ("he was bald, he had a scar, he held a sword" etc) and then you have to pick out the correct suspect and duel him. If you kill the wrong person you suffer reputation losses and gain criminal rep with the faction.

Jinn

Arcane
Heh, I got a quest from a noble in Northern Empire that actually requires you to wander around the streets of a city. Apparently there's a spy somewhere, and you have to ask around for anything suspicious. The townspeople give you hints ("he was bald, he had a scar, he held a sword" etc) and then you have to pick out the correct suspect and duel him. If you kill the wrong person you suffer reputation losses and gain criminal rep with the faction.

That's awesome! They need to implement more quests like that, and more reason to spend time in towns and cities in general. Really hope it's a priority for them.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm pretty sure main priority is a HP revamp for units.

Here are the units from Warband for Swadian HP
unknown.png

Notice Knights do not survive 89 damage because they have thick HP. It's due to their body armor having 30-50 pts of reduction.
So for the sake of sanity, I hope the developers revise the HP. Looters should not have more than 40. Ever.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Hmm, when a skill reaches the cap it just gets less XP, so it's not as rigid as it seems.

However despite the game's tooltips, I'm getting a stat point every 4 levels not every 3.

Charm is definitely bugged for me, did multiple barters and persuades, got nothing. Stuck at 1 Xp and the starting value.

Eh, time to stop playing, these bugs are sucking the fun away.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remember you need to add a lot of focus into the skill you want to level up. It increases the rate you gain skill a lot.

Harthwain

Magister
Oh: https://steamdb.info/app/261550/graphs/

165,878 players right now

It's not a weekend, this is not even today's peak, it's still going up. And already surpassed Doom Eternal's peak (104K).
Already in the top 20 highest peaks. :salute:

Impressive numbers. But are all these people out-of-school students? Don't these people work? :lol:
Did you miss the coronavirus pandemic? #StayHome #BuyOnline?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom