Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Aemar

Arcane
Oh: https://steamdb.info/app/261550/graphs/

165,878 players right now

It's not a weekend, this is not even today's peak, it's still going up. And already surpassed Doom Eternal's peak (104K).
High sales figures as well, at least 2 million units sold within just two days.

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/mount-and-blade-ii-bannerlord-biggest-steam-release-of-2020

Over one million units sold within the first 7 hours.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Zanzoken

Arcane
Apparently if you want Imperial cavalry you have to find special recruits because cavalry is on a separate troop tree. I've been to every town in the Empire so far and only found like 3 people who actually have them available.

I am not exactly frustrated with the game, but finding it difficult to make much meaningful progress so far. I think I am going to restart and focus on leveling up my main char's stats and gear for a few sessions before building up my clan.

Also, the Steward skill levels quite fast if you load your party up with a big variety of food. Leadership on the other hand, I can barely get to move.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Oh: https://steamdb.info/app/261550/graphs/

165,878 players right now

It's not a weekend, this is not even today's peak, it's still going up. And already surpassed Doom Eternal's peak (104K).
High sales figures as well, at least 2 million units sold within just two days.

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/mount-and-blade-ii-bannerlord-biggest-steam-release-of-2020

Over one million units sold within the first 7 hours.
That's a lot of Lira.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played about 3 hours yesterday after the patch, got no crash. Improvement! It's really addictive already, it will be "hell" with the mods :P

Aemar

Arcane
Some perks have been allocated to completely unrelated skills, like Reduced Wage and Garrison Capacity which belong to the Two Handed skill. Pure decline.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Some perks have been allocated to completely unrelated skills, like Reduced Wage and Garrison Capacity which belong to the Two Handed skill. Pure decline.
Since it's all use-based, there is nothing stopping you from leveling all skills. (Except party / clan skills which seems to have a pause put on them when someone else plays the role, which I think is bad design.)

Cnaiur

Augur
The MP works flawlessly here, but I've had numerous crashes on the SP campaign map (freezes actually). Other people have this as well?

Thal

Prophet
You know, I've playing PF:KM for the first time and really been enjoying myself. Really, now I understand a bit better the rage that BG3 got for going turn-based. Because Owlcat has shown that RTwP was possible. It's not perfect and I sure as hell prefer Infinity Engine and BG1-2 design principles, but still it felt a bit like coming home. But fuck, it just doesn't feel the same after the release of Bannerlord. Now I'm just looking forward to finishing it, since then and only then can I move on to Bannerlord. Because once I start, I'm not coming back for a while, and I do want to finish Kingmaker.

I need to play this game.

Guys, I clocked 800 hours in Warband, all but forgotten until now. It's been years, but now that Bannerlord is here, it's all coming back to me. I watched the streams, even the stupid ones where they tried to play horse archers. A big mistake, since that just made the craving get worse.

I don't care it's early access, don't care about the price or the jank. Bugs? By god I'm willing to eat bugs for breakfast, if it means I get to lay siege on my enemies again. To be honest, I either need Bannerlord or help, and well, I already made my choice.

I just checked Kingmaker walkthrough to see how much longer I have to go. Just completed Season of the Bloom. We'll fuck, at least 50 hours until I'm done and can move on to Bannerlord. Thank god I don't have the dlcs.

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I just checked Kingmaker walkthrough to see how much longer I have to go. Just completed Season of the Bloom. We'll fuck, at least 50 hours until I'm done and can move on to Bannerlord. Thank god I don't have the dlcs.
Stay strong bro. Bannerlord isn't going anywhere, and the longer you wait the more bugs and glitches will be patched out. Kingmaker is an excellent game and you would be cheating yourself if you rush to finish it.

Perkel

Arcane
Too rough for me now. Shitload of stutters and loadings everywhere. Will wait for 1.0 few years down the road.

Now time to go back to Starsector. Aka Warband in space. Also X4 DLC just came out which is also warband in space...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm surprised with people talking about stuttering. It has been perfectly smooth performance wise for me. Could it indeed be the RAM? Also 32 master class here..

Incantatar

Cipher
I wish I had the self-control to just ignore this game until it's fixed. The more I play the more I realize how unfinished it is.
If you're on the fence, wait.

Got bored and left

I'm surprised with people talking about stuttering. It has been perfectly smooth performance wise for me. Could it indeed be the RAM? Also 32 master class here..

People with lots of different specs report stuttering, regardless of graphics settings. What mostly fixed it for me was lowering the audio quality, of all things.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Had exactly 10h of gameplay, no crashes no stuttering. Everything maxed out on 6700K GF1080. There's a lot of loadscreens, but on M2 drive they last 1-3s; it does pile up however when every combat goes: map -> loading-> 3d character talk -> loading -> map with 2d menu -> loading -> 3d battle. Or switching character / inventory tabs... Recruiting only wanderers seemed like a way to go, although without a faction they are limited to just 4. The horse archer AI is pretty competent and such 5 man party can shred looter bands up to 50 people (everything on "realistic"), the only real issue being ammo, but they panic and run for easy melee kills at about 80% losses. Bugs are abundant, but they are mostly about stuff doing nothing, like skills not getting xp / perks not triggering or totally wild numerical values to stats / gold. The FPP battle bug is most annoying so far. On occasion there's some sandbox weirdness like quest looters getting killed by randoms blocking the entire tutorial, or shepherd dispute turning into melee against the entire (60+) village population.

Last edited:

Got bored and left

What mostly fixed it for me was lowering the audio quality, of all things.
I thought it was a joke, will have to try it out then.

Yeah, I didn't have my hopes up either, especially since my hardware is quite old. It really made a difference, though, it's worth giving it a shot. We'll see how things go once I get dozens of combatants running around, but it's good for now.

Ninjerk

Arcane
You know, I've playing PF:KM for the first time and really been enjoying myself. Really, now I understand a bit better the rage that BG3 got for going turn-based. Because Owlcat has shown that RTwP was possible. It's not perfect and I sure as hell prefer Infinity Engine and BG1-2 design principles, but still it felt a bit like coming home. But fuck, it just doesn't feel the same after the release of Bannerlord. Now I'm just looking forward to finishing it, since then and only then can I move on to Bannerlord. Because once I start, I'm not coming back for a while, and I do want to finish Kingmaker.

I need to play this game.

Guys, I clocked 800 hours in Warband, all but forgotten until now. It's been years, but now that Bannerlord is here, it's all coming back to me. I watched the streams, even the stupid ones where they tried to play horse archers. A big mistake, since that just made the craving get worse.

I don't care it's early access, don't care about the price or the jank. Bugs? By god I'm willing to eat bugs for breakfast, if it means I get to lay siege on my enemies again. To be honest, I either need Bannerlord or help, and well, I already made my choice.

Kingmaker has been through it's cycle of fixing already; M&B2 has not. Don't let the hype get to you (because it doesn't look much like hype from where I'm sitting).

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there any reason for marrying a normal lady? The warrior girls come fully equipped with end game equipment and can lead armies and you can breed them while on campaign.

I went for the imperial empresses daughter this time around her stats are super high too. Almost Noldor warrior good.

bFToDuw.jpg

Oh also they nerfed the rhomphaia big time over 100 damage and took off the furry tufts on the model (they looked kinda low quality) so for polearm users go back to couched lances.

Why are enemies so slow to turn around? I can beat much tougher enemies by just circling around them away from their shield cover.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom