Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Terra

Cipher
Saw a lot of warning signs during the development of RE3 remake -Jill redesign, supposedly made by B team, heavy deviation from the original, no Mercenaries mode, greater action focus to name but a few- so seeing all these alleged shortcomings comes as little surprise. Given RE3 already lacked RE2's replayabiity provided by the scenario system, chopping out more areas from the game and apparently ditching the choices system just further weakens the overall package. Game's got all the hallmarks of a rushjob thrown out the door to clumsily try and capitalise on RE2 Remakes success and goodwill.

Nemesis should have been the relentless centerpiece that brings the product together; Mr X on steroids, something akin to the Alien in Alien Isolation - instead I'm hearing the game woefully underutilised him. How the fuck do you fuck this up?

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Even on the visual standpoints they've managed to knock down a few features that RE2remake had. Zombies no longer ragdoll having premade animations, and trip in a natural creepy manner that makes them feel come to life. Dismemberment causes the arms and legs to just explode instead of falling to the ground.
They've cut so many features from the game they're remaking but they're also cutting some of the things the new engine provided that were cool atmosphere wise? Like, wat? Capcom?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Not to mention that the praised RE2 remake didn't really have different playthroughs either, eventho u had both leon and claire. I mean the playthroughs were basically the same.

Capcom obviously wanted a more coherent story to both RE2 and RE3 remakes, which meant cutting down on alternate timelines, content and stuff like that into a more linear story. I don't really have a huge problem with that, as the RE story and universe is pretty convoluded as it is, especially in later titles and dont even get me started on the fucking movies.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
People claiming that Nemesis doesn't drop any loot after defeating him, some reviews saying that Nemesis does drop things after defeating him. Fucking retards, is that difficult to say the goddamn truth?

It's not difficult at all, but I bet that he only drops loot on hardcore and 9 out of 10 reviewers played it on "Babby's First Gaem" mode.

Deflowerer

Arcane
People claiming that Nemesis doesn't drop any loot after defeating him, some reviews saying that Nemesis does drop things after defeating him. Fucking retards, is that difficult to say the goddamn truth?

It's not difficult at all, but I bet that he only drops loot on hardcore and 9 out of 10 reviewers played it on "Babby's First Gaem" mode.

This was the case in the original. You got drops only on Hard mode.

GreyViper

Prophet
Is it too much to ask the redo Dino Crisis series, mostly I mean the second one. :/ Overall the remake of RE2 was good and RE3 remake looks promising.

Black

Arcane
iu

34scell

Augur
They couldn't even be bothered explaining where her pouches and holsters come from. They just appear out of nowhere after she gets her gun.

Echo Mirage

Arcane

I like the new intro. But it looks like everything afterwards has had the corners cut as much as possible. From meeting Brad right away to having Carlos show up with a rocket launcher right off the bat.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I don't mind length as long as there's good replayability.

Unfortunately, them gutting Mercenaries is such a fucking bummer.

GreyViper

Prophet
I guess mods will fix some things and I agree on gutting Mercenaries, was probably not the best decision. It would have added way more replay value and extended the game's lifetime before ppl move to other games.

Apparently a new Resident Evil game that's been in development for like three or three and a half years is coming out next year, and we should hear something about it soon. The leaker (who I guess leaked some RE3 stuff) also says it's by far the biggest departure the series has ever taken, (to the point they expect some will be pissed off about it) but that internal testing has been good and it's something they're quite excited about.

It sounds like it might have started as some spinoff game, as the leaker (AestheticGamer) says development for the game is similar to that of the original Resident Evil 3...which original started as a spinoff before getting the 3 in its title.

Drakortha

Liturgist
They stuffed this.

Too much of this is on rails. 4 hours in and it's scripted set-piece after another. Nemesis NEVER shows up without a cutscene or some kind of forced quick-time event sequence. This wasn't what I was expecting.

There's none of the freedom of exploration we had in RE2 Remake.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
I don't know if any numbers exist, but I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom's biggest market is western at this point. Would explain the focus on realism pretty much all of their more recent titles had, plus the "muh stronk wombyn protag can't be sexy" angle from that one interview.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom