Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Smithing iron can be incredibly profitable.
How do you get charcoal?
It's just two hardwood my man (hardwood is normally somewhere between 10 - 20). Combine that with the first smith perk and you're rolling in the dough.

Just wish there was a smithing counter somewhere telling me how long I must wait.
Is there some lumber gathering system I missed?
It's a commodity you can buy off forest villages.
A lot of stuff you can buy from traveling parties now.
Villagers offer the cheapest price for their goods since they just want to go home asap.

unknown.png

Also with a decently trained Warband of 30 or so, you can probably take on a small militia guarding a village.

unknown.png

Raiding is still a good way to make easy money in this game. No one came to the rescue. The 15 surviving villagers just watch in dismay as I torched their shit.

They enter the ruins once I left...

unknown.png

PrettyDeadman

Skill progression is REALLY fucking slow past 50-60. It would probably take THOUSANDS of hours to max a few skills.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Do any of you have problem with missing armours in shops? I dont find any battanian armour or many armour pieces from troop trees. Its like they forgot to enable item availability in markets.

Zariusz

Arbiter

Hellion

Arcane
When defending an Imperial city, have you noticed those naphtha/greek fire containers that are right next to regular stones over the gatehouse, which you can throw at enemies? Apparently they cause SPLASH DAMAGE.

I was defending, and the attackers bugged out and just started piling on my gate and trying to smash it down. I started hurling these things at them and 6-7 throws later I ended up killing almost 200 troops. I'm uploading a video of this as we speak.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Skill progression is REALLY fucking slow past 50-60. It would probably take THOUSANDS of hours to max a few skills.

Yeah especially given that you can't f. ex. increase fightan skills in tournaments at all anymore, and there's very few instances that let you improve your non-combat skills - can't exactly just spam your surgeon skill. And for now at least there's no skill books available either. Half-tempted to do a cheaty character with max focus on everything until they do a balance pass on skills.

PrettyDeadman

You think that 400k worth of tier 6 armor can help you solo against a bunch of peasants with scythes and stones or 3 forest bandits? FORGET ABOUT IT.

Hellion

Arcane
When defending an Imperial city, have you noticed those naphtha/greek fire containers that are right next to regular stones over the gatehouse, which you can throw at enemies? Apparently they cause SPLASH DAMAGE.

I was defending, and the attackers bugged out and just started piling on my gate and trying to smash it down. I started hurling these things at them and 6-7 throws later I ended up killing almost 200 troops. I'm uploading a video of this as we speak.

If youtube selects low quality as the default, it's probably because I just uploaded it.

Aemar

Arcane
You think that 400k worth of tier 6 armor can help you solo against a bunch of peasants with scythes and stones or 3 forest bandits? FORGET ABOUT IT.
Meanwhile in some Warband mods you could solo entire armies while clad in the strongest armour available.

What's the best reason to invest time and skill points into crafting? From what I reckon you can melt weapons and sell the iron and steel for profit.

Zanzoken

Arcane

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My impression from a bit of playing and much reading of comments is that this is not in a seriously playable state yet. More like a technology demo with the intention to get as many crash reports from users as possible.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Yeah especially given that you can't f. ex. increase fightan skills in tournaments at all anymore, and there's very few instances that let you improve your non-combat skills - can't exactly just spam your surgeon skill.
Get some Tournament Arrows (arrows that do blunt damage) and at the end of a battle use your remaining arrows to shoot your own men: plenty of wounded to practice medicine on.

Tournament Arrows are pretty useful anyway, a good way to get extra prisoners. Give them to all your companions and you'll be swimming in ransom money.

Barbarian

Arcane
Game is a lot of fun. It does feel unfinished and "beta", but even though I feel tempted to hold out I got suckered in(currently have a few days off on medical leave).

A few questions to people who played Warband:

- How does it compare to the previous game feature-wise? Are most of the mechanics implemented in warband already in?
- Are "wanderers" the only companions you can recruit? Or is there a way to recruit nobles/notable persons and etc?
- Seems to me these available companions are randomly generated at the beginning of the game and not generated again, so playing with hero death activated might become an issue down the line.

Barbarian

Arcane
My impression from a bit of playing and much reading of comments is that this is not in a seriously playable state yet. More like a technology demo with the intention to get as many crash reports from users as possible.
Played for 08 hours without a single crash so far. Performance is choppy on my laptop but it improved a lot since I lowered audio quality.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I hope it's just a bug/wrong armor/dmg values and not the wrong kind of Pendor influence tbh.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

If youtube selects low quality as the default, it's probably because I just uploaded it.

Is that your actual framerate or just the video being weird?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Game is a lot of fun. It does feel unfinished and "beta", but even though I feel tempted to hold out I got suckered in(currently have a few days off on medical leave).

A few questions to people who played Warband:

- How does it compare to the previous game feature-wise? Are most of the mechanics implemented in warband already in?
- Are "wanderers" the only companions you can recruit? Or is there a way to recruit nobles/notable persons and etc?
- Seems to me these available companions are randomly generated at the beginning of the game and not generated again, so playing with hero death activated might become an issue down the line.
Prices seem pretty unbalanced though and there are bugs in the ruleset, right?

Hellion

Arcane
Is that your actual framerate or just the video being weird?

A little bit of both. Framerate does drop considerably during sieges between yuge armies of 400-500 troops, but for some reason this bugged one was much worse than usual.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom