Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Operencia: The Stolen Sun - turn-based blobber by Hungarian pinball devs

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Agree with everything except the crashing. Runs smooth as a baby's bottom for me so far.

It doesn't crash if I switch to windowed. I guess the game can't into my monitor refresh rate when it's fullscreen.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Do stats actually do something now?

When it launched they did jackshit. My character started with something like 10 strength and ended somewhere around 400 strength. Absolutely 0 change in damage output. This of course meant that combat just gets longer and looonger and looooooonnnggggerrr, to the point where random trash fights in the end game took 20 minutes.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Frankly sounds a bit like Lords of Xulima, which was a nice game on the surface also, but "overbalanced" I'd say.
I never felt I was making any progress, because the challenge always stayed the same, the abilities weren't very impactful.
And it started to get very repeatable and dull.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I never felt I was making any progress, because the challenge always stayed the same
Except there is no challenge. In Operencia there is literally zero fights you can't win on first try. Your first rest to actually REST will be somewhere in the middle of the game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I never felt I was making any progress, because the challenge always stayed the same
Except there is no challenge. In Operencia there is literally zero fights you can't win on first try. Your first rest to actually REST will be somewhere in the middle of the game.
You're talking about Hard? No of course you aren't. You're complaining about the lack of challenge in a game with multiple difficulty settings. You're THAT retarded.

That said on Normal a lot of mobs DO do just chip damage with their auto attacks. And you too, by and large. That is a real problem when trash fights sometimes drag. But true trash fights aren't that frequent and boss fights can be p. brutal even on Normal.

Norfleet

Playing on the jacked-up difficulty and combat and resting management feels extremely balanced. Not balanced in a "sawyer" way, but in a good just-don't-fuck-up kind of way. Resource management is simple but scarce, so if you waste resting material you can softlock yourself, and that's pretty hilarious.
Combat on higher difficulty feels very playtested. All major fights have required thoughtful planning and respeccing with the right talents, meaning that you can't brute force your way through the game.
Sounds like this was the difficulty setting the game was actually meant for, and the "Normal" difficulty setting is actually just the Easymode so people who think they're gamers but aren't can buy and play the game.

Sort of like how in Asian localizations of games, "Normal" is actually "Easy" and "Hard" is simply the default mode, whereas in the American release, Easy is called Normal and Normal is now Hard, because Western gamers are pussies.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Resource management is simple but scarce, so if you waste resting material you can softlock yourself, and that's pretty hilarious.

Yeah for my first playthrough I went with Normal precisely because I had no idea what to expect and the "you have limited ways to refill HP and mana" disclaimer for Hard sounded like a clear message "don't be a dumbass and play on Normal first or you might find yourself completely fucked 10 hours in".

Reinhardt

Arcane
You're talking about Hard? No of course you aren't. You're complaining about the lack of challenge in a game with multiple difficulty settings. You're THAT retarded.
I always start rpgs on hard. Learned it from Japan. Start on normal and later find out that half of the game is available only on hard and you can't even bring your stuff from normal to ng+ hard or start on hard right away - simple choice.

don't be a dumbass and play on Normal first or you might find yourself completely fucked 10 hours in
Nigga, THAT'S exactly what i'm expecting from blobber.

V_K

Arcane
Nigga, THAT'S exactly what i'm expecting from blobber.
lies, you play them to save your kingdom from big devil anus
5b1a3357d8be2.jpeg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
darth roxor: 'i can't play the game because it crashes so i uninstalled'

*cvv has rated you retarded for god knows what reason*

also cvv: 'zumg the game keeps crashung all the time'

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
On my old pc it didn't have any problems. Don't know from where this crashing comes.
No idea. After every single new release the Steam forums are full of people screaming about "gaem krushing". Usually 90% of those comments come from braindead retards who play on ramshackle rigs full of bloatware, swamped by dust and gunk. My rig is super clean, I'm anal about excising bloatware, crashing is very rare in my case. It if happens the problem is almost always the game, not my rig.

Sadly I had to shelve Operencia for now because I couldn't get through the Ancient Elemental fight. Tried four of five times, always a hard crash. It's pissing me off because I enjoy the game a lot. I'll have to come back to it in a year or so when I plan to buy a brand new rig.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
On my old pc it didn't have any problems. Don't know from where this crashing comes.
No idea. After every single new release the Steam forums are full of people screaming about "gaem krushing". Usually 90% of those comments come from braindead retards who play on ramshackle rigs full of bloatware, swamped by dust and gunk. My rig is super clean, I'm anal about excising bloatware, crashing is very rare in my case. It if happens the problem is almost always the game, not my rig.

Sadly I had to shelve Operencia for now because I couldn't get through the Ancient Elemental fight. Tried four of five times, always a hard crash. It's pissing me off because I enjoy the game a lot. I'll have to come back to it in a year or so when I plan to buy a brand new rig.
Not saying that you are the problem,shit happens with software. Tho this new release must be fucked in a way,because the older one run very smoothly. Did you get it from GoG or steam? Maybe it is a steam shit?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not saying that you are the problem,shit happens with software. Tho this new release must be fucked in a way,because the older one run very smoothly. Did you get it from GoG or steam? Maybe it is a steam shit?

I got it from EGS shortly after the release. But that is almost surely not the problem, EGS doesn't have any integrated features like Steam, it's just a launcher. I ruled out the fullscreen/refresh rate problem because it crashes even windowed. I guess the problem might be my CPU, I have no other explanation. Hm, maybe I could've tried switching cores on and off...

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So the Hungary devs have too fallen victims to californian tastes.
The obligatory "strong woman" character would not have been strong enough if she did not have a wife.
And just in case if you missed the narrative, one of her starting passive skills has the rainbow flag icon.

Still this sjw shit does not prevent me from enjoying the game.

index.php

Arcane
So the Hungary devs have too fallen victims to californian tastes.
The obligatory "strong woman" character would not have been strong enough if she did not have a wife.
And just in case if you missed the narrative, one of her starting passive skills has the rainbow flag icon.

Still this sjw shit does not prevent me from enjoying the game.
The game's story was written by an american writer (Chris Baker).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom