Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Sentinel

Arcane
How long is this game with the DLC included?
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=46401

bfLLmtg.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I just refunded this piece of shit.

The combat mechanics are absolutely garbage. Yeah, I understand why normies would enjoy them but they are absolute garbage for someone learned with Cs:Go mechanics. At least that game gets something right.

Clunky movement and controls, press E to climb ladders, unreliable stealth, cannot drag bodies, no FOV slider, retarded AI with wallhack, long cutscenes, stiff animations and dialogues written by imbeciles. The prologue is abysmal and there is not way the latter experience will be better considering the things I've mentioned.

But the thing which drove me up the wall was: press E fast to turn on/off light sources, keep E pressed to loot cupboards, keep E pressed slightly less that before to loot bodies and tap E when you to free yourself from a monster. They didn't even bother to calibrated the PC controls. Also keep E pressed on each quick-load because let's waste more time.

On top of that I got frame stuttering at 1440p on a brand new RTX 2070 Super with all drivers updated and m.2 nvme SSD (!?) Every other game works well except Exodus :/ Yeah, I no longer care about graphic tweaks at this moment.

I was a big fan of Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light but Exodus is insulting imho. I don't know. Maybe I got older but the previous games were not so retarded.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah I think you'll be better of playing CS where you don't have to press E to climb ladders at all. :lol:

Honestly you are somewhat retarded if you think you made a smart remark.

There is no doubt that CS:Go movement is unrealistically fast but even like that it feels much more realistic and comfortable than whatever Metro Exodus has implemented.

Either that or Artyom is an old man with Arthritis...

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah I think you'll be better of playing CS where you don't have to press E to climb ladders at all. :lol:

Or YOU are retarded for bitching about stupid shit in a game like this. Metro isn't primarily a dumb MP shooter, it's a single-player, story-driven experience with emphasise on vibe and setting. Sure it'd be even better with gunplay and stealth that are on par with specialized shooters and stealth games (btw the gunplay is fine for a game like this, it's the subpar stealth that's a much bigger problem, especially on Hardcore). But that doesn't ruin it.

It's like complaining about clunky UI and dated graphics in games like Grimoire or Atom, i.e. missing the whole point.

JDR13

Arcane
The prologue does suck, but he obviously refunded it before the game really even started.

Fwiw, the game ran completely smooth for me on Ultra settings with a i7 4790K and GTX 1080.

DeepOcean

Arcane
it's a single-player, story-driven experience with emphasise on vibe and setting.
Bro, 75% of the map points of interest on the winter and desert regions are full of bandits/zombies/mutants to kill, it is hard to dismiss the criticism to combat when you spend 2/3 of your game time on it and the alternative is even worse, the stealth system is even more broken (At some point I was making body piles at stairs as the Ai is so dumb) and all of that for a meh to shiet story.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Or YOU are retarded for bitching about stupid shit in a game like this. Metro isn't primarily a dumb MP shooter, it's a single-player, story-driven experience with emphasise on vibe and setting. Sure it'd be even better with gunplay and stealth that are on par with specialized shooters and stealth games (btw the gunplay is fine for a game like this, it's the subpar stealth that's a much bigger problem, especially on Hardcore). But that doesn't ruin it.

It's like complaining about clunky UI and dated graphics in games like Grimoire or Atom, i.e. missing the whole point.

It doesn't ruin it ... for you.

Grimoire or Atom are not AAA title therefore nobody expects great UI or graphics. Metro Exodus is a AAA title and they did not even calibrate or optimize the controls for PC. The comparison is retarded.

I understand that you love the game but give me a break. It's mediocre at best.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Painfully obvious this game was developed for consoles with PC as an afterthought. Stop rewarding this strategy with your hard-earned money. Just stop.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I was a big fan of Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light but Exodus is insulting imho. I don't know. Maybe I got older but the previous games were not so retarded.
They are retarded but the few good ideas they had were good enough to keep you distracted from that, this one keeps the retardation but absolutely no new ideas here.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The only thing retarded here are the edgelords who are commenting after barely playing it or not playing it at all.

Sorry I cannot hear you. I'm playing Lords of the Fallen and I'm having a blast :)

Edit:

5FAC971AEB927813F4CC324B5FE7FE27AF12075A

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
The only thing retarded here are the edgelords who are commenting after barely playing it or not playing it at all.
And why exactly is to be edgy to point out that the game only have two new enemies, the zombie dudes and the leeches (that arent even nice to fight), that the open world after the Volga region is pretty formulaic, 50% or more of the places with barely anything on them beyond bandits and zombie dudes to kill (and killing both is unsatisfying as fuck), that the open world degenerates after each region, the first region being the best and the following ones getting increasingly linear or with filler, that they removed the bullet economy for generic crafting with only two generic resources.

The plot is: "We need to get to somewhere cool.", "We got to somewhere cool.Thanks dude,bye."What? Do you wanna know what happens afterwards or what happened to the people you helped? Nah, we dont have the budget for that."

JDR13

Arcane
And why exactly is to be edgy to point out that the game only have two new enemies, the zombie dudes and the leeches (that arent even nice to fight), that the open world after the Volga region is pretty formulaic, 50% or more of the places with barely anything on them beyond bandits and zombie dudes to kill (and killing both is unsatisfying as fuck), that the open world degenerates after each region, the first region being the best and the following ones getting increasingly linear or with filler, that they removed the bullet economy for generic crafting with only two generic resources.

The plot is: "We need to get to somewhere cool.", "We got to somewhere cool.Thanks dude,bye."What? Do you wanna know what happens afterwards or what happened to the people you helped? Nah, we dont have the budget for that."

No, there were more new enemies than that, and the overall creature variety was pretty good. - https://metrovideogame.fandom.com/wiki/Mutants

As far as the regions go, that's completely subjective, but I didn't think they degenerated as you claim. In fact, I thought the final level was one of the best. Also, the game was anything but formulaic. How many other open-world shooters have regions that are as different from each other as the ones in Exodus?

ekrolo2

Learned
How optimized is the PC port? I meet all the requirements sans the recommended for VRAM. Is that enough to have ooth sailing or is it borked?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
How optimized is the PC port? I meet all the requirements sans the recommended for VRAM. Is that enough to have ooth sailing or is it borked?

As long as you don't use ray tracing I think it's pretty optimized for how good it looks. Just don't expect ultra settings on a mid-range card.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It works well on Mid/High details but it IS one of the most demanding games rn, so no 4K full-Ultra run for you, unless you can afford a datacenter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom