Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
That's disappointing. I'll give it a go when it's on sale and probably hate it.
C'mon now.

Black Angel

Arcane
Currently replaying PS:T, once I'm done I might give this a shot.
Can you RP as a fascist and how's the C&C in this?
You can definitely roleplay a fascist, but don't go into the game expecting a whole lot of consequences.
Wait, wouldn't you
piss off Kim which results in him not trusting you as much during the shootout sequence, and thus it's far riskier to lose him and no one would be there to defend you in the finale?
Unless Sweeper asked for C&C in general, in which yeah there's not a whole lot of consequences in this game, unfortunately.

Slaver1

Savant
Disco Elysium was definitely a memorable experience if not a particularly re-playable game. I wonder if they've managed to sell a million on Steam yet. No doubt it's a decent enough commercial success for them already but I think they're really getting a kick out of the critical acclaim.

Prime Junta

Disco Elysium was definitely a memorable experience if not a particularly re-playable game. I wonder if they've managed to sell a million on Steam yet. No doubt it's a decent enough commercial success for them already but I think they're really getting a kick out of the critical acclaim.

They hit an all time high of simultaneous players a couple of weeks ago, after the Chinese localization release. They’re doing OK money-wise, for now.

Slaver1

Savant

They hit an all time high of simultaneous players a couple of weeks ago, after the Chinese localization release. They’re doing OK money-wise, for now.

Great news. Delivering a game like DE straight out of the gate is an amazing achievement. Can only imagine where they go with a sequel.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

wait, DE got translated into mandarin? considering the game's stye of prose, i can only imagine what kind of challenge that was

Prime Junta

wait, DE got translated into mandarin? considering the game's stye of prose, i can only imagine what kind of challenge that was

Yep. They had a translation company do the rough work and then bilingual Chinese fans go over it andpolish it up. Feedback has been good. I can’t imagine that it can be more than a pale shadow of the original even so.

jackofshadows

Magister
Yep. They had a translation company do the rough work and then bilingual Chinese fans go over it andpolish it up. Feedback has been good. I can’t imagine that it can be more than a pale shadow of the original even so.
Yup, that's exactly what bothering me when my russian mates ask like "what about the language, is it difficult? I'd better wait for the translation then". It will not deliver the same experience. Besides, obscene terms will be probably relaxed as fuck, and that is a shame by itself.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks

Did the word "faggot" also get censored in the Chinese version?

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i don't really think 'tóngxìngliàn zhě' would flow well in the game's dialogue unless if they somehow made it work

ColCol

Arcane
Sequel idea. You play as an older Cuno. Instead of the usual skills, the skills systems are just variations of different cunos (moments from Cuno's life). Cuno The drug dealer. Cuno the treasure hunter . They will all still talk in cuno's strange dialect. Cunoese will also be present as a "voice", still having an impact on Cuno after disappearing years ago.

Vatnik Wumao
Sequel idea. You play as an older Cuno. Instead of the usual skills, the skills systems are just variations of different cunos (moments from Cuno's life). Cuno The drug dealer. Cuno the treasure hunter . They will all still talk in cuno's strange dialect. Cunoese will also be present as a "voice", still having an impact on Cuno after disappearing years ago.
Wouldn't mind either Harry or (cop) Cuno, but I'd like the plot of the next game to be set against the backdrop of the MCP's anti-Coalition insurgency which was hinted at in DE. If they maintain the system(s) of the first game, expanding and chiseling it, then the ideologies would fit well within such a scenario - both in terms of quest choices impacting Revachol (both visually and in terms of narrative) and maybe having multiple endings tied to the ideologies.

Gotta build the Revacholian Workers' State, comrades. :^)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Gotta build the Revacholian Workers' State, comrades. :^)
TyvJibD.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom