Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Zariusz

Arbiter
It is the end of the game and my wife has 250 in all combat skills and I barely have 100 in polearms. Why even have perks at 250 if the player character never ever gets to use them.
Probably they forgot to change something in skill learning files.

Just like they forgot to enable "multiplayer_item"

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is the end of the game and my wife has 250 in all combat skills and I barely have 100 in polearms. Why even have perks at 250 if the player character never ever gets to use them.

I see your point, but looking at the talents you get from polearms, except for one (pushing away) it's just for more damage. I'm not sure more damage is needed exactly. But I'm sure this will be tweaked anyway.

I have to say though that I find it incredible that people are already at the end game, I remember it took me weeks to reach that in Warband. I mean, it would distort the view on skill gain, if you can reach end game within 20 hours if the one playthrough is supposed to last 100 hours.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Without the free troops, massive defeats seriously hurt and usually collapse kingdoms. My first game is approaching over at almost 300 days with half the map under the N. Empire and I hadn't even joined anybody yet.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
No practice fight exp, +1.5% damage perks and other boring perks, wtf?

Practice fight so you can improve getting better, not sure why there has to be XP involved in this. Keep seeing this all over. Stats don't seem to have that much of an impact anymore, it's your skill that determines if you die or survive.
Because it's no me as a player who has to improve, but my character.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
No practice fight exp, +1.5% damage perks and other boring perks, wtf?

Practice fight so you can improve getting better, not sure why there has to be XP involved in this. Keep seeing this all over. Stats don't seem to have that much of an impact anymore, it's your skill that determines if you die or survive.
Because it's no me as a player who has to improve, but my character.
It's both.

Hellion

Arcane
The new patch that was released a few minutes ago fixed all problems with my corrupted savegames, everything loads OK once more.

Edit. Ninja'd.

Barbarian

Arcane
Been doing a bit of quick modding on companions.

If you guys look at "spspecialcharacters" and "wanderer_strings" files you will see that they actually have a ton of "wanderer" companion templates not implemented for some reason(most templates in the game are sturgian, they have a bunch for every culture, including dialogues).

If you add "is_template="true"" to the main npc string in spspecialcharacters they will be spawned in the game. Only problem seems to be that if you add too much or all of them the game crashes. But I have added characters from my chosen culture for next playthrough(vlandian) with success.

Game has to be reestarted for the wanderers to respawn though.

Useful because you can have engineers, smiths and etc. Such characters exist but are not implemented for some reason. Instead most randomly generated wanderer are fighter types with no special skill.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Been doing a bit of quick modding on companions.

If you guys look at "spspecialcharacters" and "wanderer_strings" files you will see that they actually have a ton of "wanderer" companion templates not implemented for some reason(most templates in the game are sturgian, they have a bunch for every culture, including dialogues).

If you add "is_template="true"" to the main npc string in spspecialcharacters they will be spawned in the game. Only problem seems to be that if you add too much or all of them the game crashes. But I have added characters from my chosen culture for next playthrough(vlandian) with success.

Game has to be reestarted for the wanderers to respawn though.

Useful because you can have engineers, smiths and etc. Such characters exist but are not implemented for some reason. Instead most randomly generated wanderer are fighter types with no special skill.
Hmm... its kinda simillar to that missing armour. Did they just rushed early access somehow?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm... its kinda simillar to that missing armour. Did they just rushed early access somehow?

I don't think so. I think this truly is a EA game, the devs have mentioned several times in different updates that many things will be bugged or missing.

thesecret1

Arcane
Did they just rushed early access somehow?
Clearly. Really, everything about it screams "rushed", as it's stuff that would be caught very quickly in proper QA testing, but could easily be overlooked during active development. The dev doesn't go and check whether all armors are available, he goes to shop, sees some armor there, goes "'K, seems to be working" and moves onto the next task. Here, it really seems like QA was skipped entirely.

Funposter

Arcane

So that's why everyone I've been finding is a fucking combat companion.

Zanzoken

Arcane
One of the patches has improved the AI's use of throwing weapons a lot and it feels about right now. They're not too accurate, but you can't just kite around them effortlessly anymore without taking damage.

AI archery may have received a nerf too since they don't seem to be shooting death lasers like before, but I need more testing to say for sure.

thesecret1

Arcane
One of the patches has improved the AI's use of throwing weapons a lot and it feels about right now. They're not too accurate, but you can't just kite around them effortlessly anymore without taking damage.

AI archery may have received a nerf too since they don't seem to be shooting death lasers like before, but I need more testing to say for sure.
Sounds like the:
Fixed an AI calculation error on aiming ranged weapons against mounted enemies.

Mortmal

Arcane

I see your point, but looking at the talents you get from polearms, except for one (pushing away) it's just for more damage. I'm not sure more damage is needed exactly. But I'm sure this will be tweaked anyway.

I have to say though that I find it incredible that people are already at the end game, I remember it took me weeks to reach that in Warband. I mean, it would distort the view on skill gain, if you can reach end game within 20 hours if the one playthrough is supposed to last 100 hours.
The end game comes really quick as a faction always storm and conquer all the map, everything is conquered before you even had 1/3 of the perks of your best skill tree and everything else near zero...Main campaign is completely borked .

thesecret1

Arcane
Yeah, after one faction starts snowballing, it just conquers the whole map on its own, no player action required. On one hand, it's nice that the AI can actually do this, on the other, I'd like to see the world maintain a semblance of status quo before I do something that breaks it. If I take over half of a faction's holdings, and another faction eats the rest and gets stronger, then sure, that way I'll have a challenge ahead of me. But if I can see a faction start curbstomping its way through the map while I'm still busy hunting bandits, that's just no fun.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
I think it's because looters keep killing lords that are supposed to be recruiting to rebuild their armies. I have seen lots of lords running around like headless chicken. It's more of a simulation this way... like those big battles actually having an impact for the faction on the receiving end, but they have to do something for the lords so they can get their shit together and stop the snowballing effect.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Could be that they meant the snowballing to occur, but rebellions would eventually make it unlike for a single faction to grow too big and it isn't implemented yet.
Also I recommend using the 10x exp mod from nexus. Some of the skills like smithing take ages to level up even with that on and you can't do anything meaningful with the skills on low levels. Install it it after making your character because otherwise you get 10x starting skill bonuses.

Hellion

Arcane
Heh, apparently their savegame fix was valid for exactly ONE load/save. Meaning, it fixed the already corrupted savegames, but if you load them and try to save/load again then the game still crashes.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Heh, apparently their savegame fix was valid for exactly ONE load/save. Meaning, it fixed the already corrupted savegames, but if you load them and try to save/load again then the game still crashes.
Now i need to wait until next patch... Well off to check Deep Sky Derelicts.

I feel like the Menavlion polearm is going to be my go-to noobie weapon from now on. Just get on a horse and watch people fly as you whack them from an unlikely distance, usually beyond the reach of spears.

Also, I like how the the ragdolls have been implemented in this game. I just love how bodies crumple and fold around blows, or when they tumble off their horse when you shoot them.:incline:

A pity that big battles tank performance, though. Had to lower the cap to 300, and all my settings to low.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom