Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trials of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 3 remake)

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I don't know anything about Mana. What I see in these videos is horribly generic overwrought painful anime character design, brought to life in mobile game art styles, running around smashing A in real-time monster bashing. What am I missing? Tell me how I am wrong and why I should play this

3zXyK80.jpg

I have no argument, but I'm still gonna play it.

Ooh look they added tier 4 classes. Brand new remake content! Not in original game.

w2oQHfx.jpg

OUk1tnj.jpg

ICu87Q1.jpg

XnUitDC.jpg

gRdAtCk.jpg

*edit* Hawkeye got kinda shafted, and I like how Dark = Slooty. I didn't put in Charlotte because who gives a fuck about Charlotte.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Unsurprisingly, the Japanese names for Tier 4 classes are less shit. These translators are really fucking bad and eager to "localize" text into mediocre garbage. Here are the Japanese names:
  • Duran: Saber (Light) | Berserk (Dark)
  • Angela: Witch Queen (Light) | Spellcaster (Dark)
  • Kevin: Beast King (Light) | Destroyer (Dark)
  • Charlotte: High Priestess (Light) | Chaos Maker (Dark)
  • Hawkeye: Spriggan (Light) | Avenger (Dark)
  • Riesz: Meteor (Light) | Hræsvelgr (Dark)
Bear in mind that there is no actual translation work involved in transcribing these names. The Japanese version actually uses English words spelled with Japanese phonetic (katakana) characters, so these are the actual names in the Japanese version. The English translators went out of their way to shit it up.

I wonder how long it will take for there to be a Trials of Mana mod where they replace all the translation work with better translations. There is already a complete unofficial translation for Seiken Densetsu 3 (the original SNES version of Trials of Mana), and all the Japanese text is still the exact same in the Trials of Mana remake.

EDIT: And here is the mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/trialsofmana/mods/179

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
So apparently luck affects thrown weapon damage now. I nuked a rabite for 1000+ damage with a pumpkin bomb at lvl 7.

jungl

Augur
Unsurprisingly, the Japanese names for Tier 4 classes are less shit. These translators are really fucking bad and eager to "localize" text into mediocre garbage. Here are the Japanese names:
Bear in mind that there is no actual translation work involved in transcribing these names. The Japanese version actually uses English words spelled with Japanese phonetic (katakana) characters, so these are the actual names in the Japanese version. The English translators went out of their way to shit it up.

I wonder how long it will take for there to be a Trials of Mana mod where they replace all the translation work with better translations. There is already a complete unofficial translation for Seiken Densetsu 3 (the original SNES version of Trials of Mana), and all the Japanese text is still the exact same in the Trials of Mana remake.

Hate when they do that. Divine hero doesn't even make sense cause there nothing in the game world that is divine even the mana tree.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher

If my endgame party were a saber, a spriggan and a meteor, I'd be pissed.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I just got a message for a late delivery on my switch version thanks to corona. I could buy this on Steam though but that would entail denuvo and the game not on a physical medium to enjoy it after the post apocalypse.

decisions, decisions.

Ent

Savant
I'm watching a guy who got his copy early and hes losing to bosses on easy mode which I didn't know was possible.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
My copy is delayed due to lockdown of the chink virus. Could always cancel and get it digtally. But I'm fine(not really) waiting. But can't wait to play it finally.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I will never understand why some people still buy physical releases unless they live somewhere with a tiny data cap. There are so many disadvantages and no advantages unless you're the type who just likes to fill their home with junk and call it a collection

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can usually recoup half the cost or more by reselling them. I do have a small collection of physical games, though. I'd say 10% of all my games are physical (150ish).

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I will never understand why some people still buy physical releases unless they live somewhere with a tiny data cap. There are so many disadvantages and no advantages unless you're the type who just likes to fill their home with junk and call it a collection
It's called having a choice

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I never said anything about choice. It's fine to have that choice. Saying "it's called having a choice" has nothing at all to do with what I said which is why he got the retard reacc. I never said physical copies should be banned or anything of the sort that would make that comment relevant.

1) You own it just as much as a physical copy. At least on PC. There's nothing to stop you from doing whatever you want with your data. Data isn't hard to back up.
2) Games don't uninstall because a server closes. You just lose the ability to install them again. Not an issue on PC where you can back things up.
3) Physical releases have DRM too

Duralux for Durabux

1)https://www.techradar.com/news/the-double-edge-of-digital-games-and-changing-ownership Nope
2)But you can never reinstall it again where as with a CD you can do anything you want.That means with a digital release you have lost the game permanently .
3) Few games(physical copy) have DRM either way you can get out of the DRM.
retarded.png

edit: I forgot the manual and the cover box they are beautiful to collect and expose (Arcannum, Fallout 1,Planetscape Torment)

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
1) That article seems to say the same thing that I said. Don't delete your downloads and you'll be fine. Space shouldn't be an issue when the playstation has upgradeable hard drives. I even know someone who uses an external hard drive via usb on their PS4. I don't know if it's similar with the xbox, but if you bought an xbox you're retarded anyway since 99.9% of the games are on PC or other consoles. The Switch uses microSDs and a good one is faster than the carts and gives you faster loading times.
2) That's true, but not worth the extra cost of gas to go to the store, the time spent going, and having to wait longer to get your game in my opinion.
3) If you can get out of the DRM why even bring it up? You just defeated that part of your own argument
4) Collecting vidya stuff is for man children

It's all just opinion. We don't have to agree. No big deal. You have your reasons and I have mine and both are equally valid.

Duralux for Durabux

1) That article seems to say the same thing that I said. Don't delete your downloads and you'll be fine. Space shouldn't be an issue when the playstation has upgradeable hard drives. I even know someone who uses an external hard drive via usb on their PS4. I don't know if it's similar with the xbox, but if you bought an xbox you're retarded anyway since 99.9% of the games are on PC or other consoles. The Switch uses microSDs and a good one is faster than the carts and gives you faster loading times.
2) That's true, but not worth the extra cost of gas to go to the store, the time spent going, and having to wait longer to get your game in my opinion.
3) If you can get out of the DRM why even bring it up? You just defeated that part of your own argument
4) Collecting vidya stuff is for man children

It's all just opinion. We don't have to agree. No big deal. You have your reasons and I have mine and both are equally valid.

You love to be raped by editors,do you?
1) CHECK OUT THE FUCKING HEADLINES of the article
2)What is the cost except moving you freakin ass out of the chair?
3)
retarded.png

4)
retarded.png
retarded.png
retarded.png
retarded.png
retarded.png
Nice Shitpost
It is not opinions, it is about supporting decline and anti-customer practices or not.

Edit: And because you don't know how to read article i'll do the work for ya """
No guarantee
The idea of stores being closed or online support for a generation of titles being withdrawn is, of course, largely hypothetical at the moment but the terms of service for these stores do raise the question of whether digital downloading is really the most secure and future-proof way to purchase your games.

Sure, when you physically purchase games you run the risk of physically damaging or losing them but at least that’s entirely down to you along with the continued maintenance of your system. If you own a physical disc and keep in in good condition there’s really no reason why you shouldn’t be able to play it on a functional PS3 far into the future.

With digital titles, however, you leave yourself somewhat at the mercy of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. They’re not out to screw you over – and to be perfectly frank their terms and conditions of purchase are all very clear and upfront – they do potentially limit you.

When you purchase a digital game, you’re not purchasing the game – you’re essentially long-term renting a license to play it. James Bond had a license to kill that was very much dependent on his employment with MI6, your license to play your downloaded games is similarly dependent on the online store-owner and its third-party partners. """"

Last edited by a moderator:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
You love to be raped by editors,do you?
1) CHECK OUT THE FUCKING HEADLINES of the article
2)What is the cost except moving you freakin ass out of the chair?
3)
retarded.png

4)
retarded.png
retarded.png
retarded.png
retarded.png
retarded.png
Nice Shitpost
It is not opinions, it is about supporting decline and anti-customer practices or not.

Edit: And because you don't know how to read article i'll do the work for ya """
No guarantee
The idea of stores being closed or online support for a generation of titles being withdrawn is, of course, largely hypothetical at the moment but the terms of service for these stores do raise the question of whether digital downloading is really the most secure and future-proof way to purchase your games.

Sure, when you physically purchase games you run the risk of physically damaging or losing them but at least that’s entirely down to you along with the continued maintenance of your system. If you own a physical disc and keep in in good condition there’s really no reason why you shouldn’t be able to play it on a functional PS3 far into the future.

With digital titles, however, you leave yourself somewhat at the mercy of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. They’re not out to screw you over – and to be perfectly frank their terms and conditions of purchase are all very clear and upfront – they do potentially limit you.

When you purchase a digital game, you’re not purchasing the game – you’re essentially long-term renting a license to play it. James Bond had a license to kill that was very much dependent on his employment with MI6, your license to play your downloaded games is similarly dependent on the online store-owner and its third-party partners. """"

Holy shit you are assmad about this. Wow lol. The fuck do editors have to do with this? I have no idea what you even mean by that. Gas costs money. So does shipping. Time is also money unless your time is worthless.

The idea of stores being closed or online support for a generation of titles being withdrawn is, of course, largely hypothetical
largely hypothetical
hypothetical

Again, none of this matters if you have enough storage. None of this is even relevant on PC. It's a console pleb problem and again not even a problem if you have enough storage.

Duralux for Durabux

Holy shit you are assmad about this. Wow lol. The fuck do editors have to do with this? I have no idea what you even mean by that. Gas costs money. So does shipping. Time is also money unless your time is worthless.

Again, none of this matters if you have enough storage. None of this is even relevant on PC. It's a console pleb problem and again not even a problem if you have enough storage.

Definitly retarded.
retarded.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom