Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Turuko

Learned
one thing that really rubs me wrong is the lack of new stuff in the overworld map
no roads (not even between city-castles and assigned fiefs)
no watchposts, makeshift mottes, road inns, traveling tariffs gates, ports etc etc
castles just plopped on big plains without a ditch :cry:
no way to funnel enemies where you want -> barely if any chokeholds, no kind of border control enactable
and this is just off the top of my head, i'm sure everybody can think of more

i know it's probably a nightmare to manage all this variables, just saying
then again maybe i still haven't reached the part where this things are avalaible or if they will add them later on

Hellion

Arcane
Anyone knows what do those yellow square icons mean under a village or hideout?

I'm pretty sure these signify a troop/militia unit. When a group of villagers goes towards the nearest city to sell their stuff and then return home, such an icon appears as soon as they enter the village. Same with hideouts, icons appear and disappear as soon as a group of bandits enters or leaves.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Anyone knows what do those yellow square icons mean under a village or hideout?

I'm pretty sure these signify a troop/militia unit. When a group of villagers goes towards the nearest city to sell their stuff and then return home, such an icon appears as soon as they enter the village. Same with hideouts, icons appear and disappear as soon as a group of bandits enters or leaves.
This seems right. Just noticed tiny flags when faction units enter town, and coin symbols for caravans.

Aemar

Arcane
I decided to compile a list of all the cut content, future content, or legacy content I've found in the files. I say all three because we have no way to know what exactly of this is going to be in. Even if a feature is confirmed in, this code could be deleted and started from scratch. Others almost certainly seem in, like certain factions TW decided would be too complicated to add.

I have categorized them into the type of content it pertains to as best as I could, and also tried to reference which files you can find these if you care to look. This list is not at all definitive, and is only from a surface look at the game's XML files, the deeper C# code and graphics files likely have a lot more that's not in here, and there's certainly going to be some things I've missed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandbl...and_legacy_content_a_list_of_all_cut_content/

Zariusz

Arbiter
I think that boats are probably planned, new map compared to what we have seen earlier looks more shipfriendly. And we have ports and cities with ports on map.

Bruh
Tabur a fucking straight up aristocrat hedonistic capitalistic fat cat party crasher AND thief who exists purely to party (while not invited) so hard until he fucks the wrong dude's wife. The man is such an absolute unit that he also knows all the back doors into cities (except in the east) from quietly exiting on walks of shame (despite him feeling none)

Ferionn, a professional furry who grew up covering himself in shit and now hangs out at bars covered in dirt and rotting wolf skin and telling people about his favorite fursona and Sonic OC's (he's a Batanian Wolfskin who was too much of a furry even for them). Perks are scouting and pathfinding in woods

Ger, a half-man crazy man who believes he is vibrating so quickly that he is randomly moving between reality and the underworld. On a quest to save his mother. No perk listed

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
From what I can gather from the reddit post above, there's tons of features and stuff that is practically ready to be re-enabled into the game, like actual faction diplomacy, dialogue between lords, or even the unique companions we've commented on here. Who knows why they didn't work on them a bit more and add them on launch.

At least it's a good glimpse of what the game WILL become in the (near?) future.

Dakka

Savant
There is always something else to work on. I'm just glad it's finally released. Now we can be a part of the process.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'll remain optimistic about it. I first played M&B back when it only had Vaegirs and Swadians as factions, and throughout the years TW proved that it can handle early access model well (or at least that it used to), including adding whole mechanics to an existing game. I figure I'll grab it once it happens to be 25% off - this should give TW enough time to fiddle with parameters/ uncomment/ add enough stuff for Bannerlod to be a solid game.

U-8D8

Savant
Is anyone else having trouble putting together a decent party? I can't keep troops alive long enough to reach the higher tiers, even just grinding trash mobs.
If you can maintain the speed you need to catch parties, get a bunch of recruits and order them to attack without you when you see smaller bands. The auto-resolve is pretty generous and I feel like there's a higher chance for your guys to level up when the battle is simulated and not actually played.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I'll remain optimistic about it. I first played M&B back when it only had Vaegirs and Swadians as factions, and throughout the years TW proved that it can handle early access model well (or at least that it used to), including adding whole mechanics to an existing game. I figure I'll grab it once it happens to be 25% off - this should give TW enough time to fiddle with parameters/ uncomment/ add enough stuff for Bannerlod to be a solid game.

Good point. I recall playing the earliest builds of M&B too, thinking wow, this is total garbage, and being amazed years later when the real game shaped up pretty decent.

Years and years and years later....

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Good point. I recall playing the earliest builds of M&B too, thinking wow, this is total garbage, and being amazed years later when the real game shaped up pretty decent.

Years and years and years later....

I remember playing a game called "WarRider" which only had an arena mode.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Dudes we can check new patch in beta tab on steam
What if we put a beta in a beta?

wntgd.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
Practice fight so you can improve getting better, not sure why there has to be XP involved in this. Keep seeing this all over. Stats don't seem to have that much of an impact anymore, it's your skill that determines if you die or survive.

Same could be said for normal fights too, but ...RPG, you know?
Should we also have the npc in the arena tell our character "you can participate in practice fights, so that the person controlling you can improve their button pushing skills".
I would guess the logic was that practice fights have no downside while real battles have you lose troops, hp and you can be captured.

That's a good point, but practice fights could have diminishing returns/reduced xp, like in "real life". Got the TournamentXP mod, set practice fights to 30% xp and they do feel like training that isn't really worth doing after a while. Imo practice should not kill you, but it should lower your hp and force you to heal.
Their main purpose is for players to practice their fighting skills in this game. If you force players to spend days healing after every practice fight you just promote savescumming.

Hellion

Arcane
The new beta patch fixed my savegames once again. I also saved/reloaded to test it, and it seems not to crash this time.

Dakka

Savant
We're witnessing history here, boys. Years from now we will be playing the best ever version of the game and be reminiscing about the old days when half the armor was missing and the game crashed when you sneezed too hard in its general direction.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
New patch notes.

Patch Notes e1.0.4

Versions

Native: e1.0.0
SandboxCore: e1.0.4
Sandbox: e1.0.4
Storymode: e1.0.4
CustomBattle: e1.0.4

Multiplayer Crashes

• Fixed a rare bug that caused clients to crash in multiplayer when a specific combat network message is received in the wrong order.
Singleplayer Crashes

• Rare exception during siege fixed.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while traveling on the campaign map.
  • Fixed a crash that happened after closing the banner editor.
  • Fixed a crash related to a villager opening a dialog right after an enemy lord encounters the player during a raid village action.
  • Fixed a crash while moving troops in the party screen.
  • Fixed a crash while exiting the campaign map.
  • Fixed a crash while dragging 0 item count tuples in inventory.
  • Fixed a bug which caused a crash when breaking into an allied settlement under a siege.
  • Fixed a crash concerning battle log entries when talking to a winning faction's non-hero character if the player was on the defeated side
  • Fixed a crash that occurred just before the fight with the hideout boss after the hideout has been cleaned up.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a player vs NPC board game is over.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when attacking a settlement after being interrupted by a party in the siege preparation stage.
  • Fixed a crash related to targeting routing mounted agents.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when loading the game after successfully collecting weapons as the gang leader requested in the Gang Leader Needs Weapon quest.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happens in character creation when choosing an option.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happens when caravan payments are processed.
Performance

• Fixed an optimisation issue with NPC pathfinding which led to a huge performance loss, especially in siege scenes.
  • Fixed a memory leak issue.
Save & Load

• Further stability tweaks for save and load.
Battles and Sieges

• Fixed a bug that opened a siege battle instead of field battle when attacking a besieger party.
Combat AI

• Night debuffs, visibility limitation and extra aim error of ranged units have been removed. <---- But why though? I thought this was pretty cool.
Clan and Party

• Fixed the open hands issue in the banner editor.
  • After some time during a campaign, some lords were remaining without troops in their party because of financial problems and constantly being harassed by bandits. Lords now manage their finances more effectively and take troops from garrisons if they are at risk of going bankrupt. This was one reason for the snowball effect in the campaign, with kingdoms being eliminated too easily.
  • Minor fixes have been made regarding pregnancies.
  • Fixed an issue that caused player clan members to get stuck in a settlement.
Kingdoms and Diplomacy

• Fixed an issue with defensive battles after a safe passage barter had been made.
Crafting

• Fixed an issue that prevented axes from being craftable at the smithy.
Issues & Quests

• Fixed a bug with the AI trying to attack at the end of Army of Poachers quest.
Other

• More than 200 items reintroduced to the game.
  • Armor values and prices overhauled.
  • Production of weapons and armors in towns tweaked.
  • Aserai’s basic troop was Aserai Tribesman, however, it should be Aserai Recruit. This is fixed.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
After some time during a campaign, some lords were remaining without troops in their party because of financial problems and constantly being harassed by bandits. Lords now manage their finances more effectively and take troops from garrisons if they are at risk of going bankrupt. This was one reason for the snowball effect in the campaign, with kingdoms being eliminated too easily.
:fabulouslyoptmistic: that this will be :incline:

• Armor values and prices overhauled.
Crossbows are now 45k :roll:

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That seems to be a proper patch. Admittedly, the state of the release of not good but they are delivering a patch per day so far

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom