Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When I see a patch where they have moved on from fixing crashes and memory leaks, then they will have my attention.

Hellion

Arcane
Btw by 'More than 200 items reintroduced to the game' does that mean they added the good armors that were missing in traders? Can anyone confirm this?

I'm seeing lots of new Shields and Axes that I don't remember being there before, so I guess the armors are back in as well.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Btw by 'More than 200 items reintroduced to the game' does that mean they added the good armors that were missing in traders? Can anyone confirm this?

I'm seeing lots of new Shields and Axes that I don't remember being there before, so I guess the armors are back in as well.
The values have definitely also been altered. A commoner shirt isn't the best early game armour anymore.

A horse of course

• Night debuffs, visibility limitation and extra aim error of ranged units have been removed. <---- But why though? I thought this was pretty cool.

Gay. Archer bandit camps were basically Vietcong bases even after the nerf.

Dakka

Savant
Speaking of item balance, I'm just amazed that the ridiculous concept of studded leather armor has survived so long. Studs do absolutely nothing to improve the protective qualities of leather armor. Why is fetish gear included among the otherwise perfectly valid armor types?

A horse of course

Speaking of item balance, I'm just amazed that the ridiculous concept of studded leather armor has survived so long. Studs do absolutely nothing to improve the protective qualities of leather armor. Why is fetish gear included among the otherwise perfectly valid armor types?

Tough cookies HEMAfag, they look cool.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Maybe they're meant to be like a coat of plates or something (the type with the plates on the inside)? I.e. the plates are mounted on some material with studs. Or at least that's where I think fantasy got the aesthetic idea from.

Edit: I'm more bothered that they went back in time so much. That early period is kind of boring in terms of gear variety imo.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Night debuffs, visibility limitation and extra aim error of ranged units have been removed. <---- But why though? I thought this was pretty cool.

I was wondering the same. Just yesterday I was thinking how cool that was, planning out attacks in the night instead because of the reduced accuracy and so on. I hope this won't be a continued effort to nerf stuff into the ground because of whiners on the forums.

Dakka

Savant
Maybe they're meant to be like a coat of plates or something (the type with the plates on the inside)? I.e. the plates are mounted on some material with studs. Or at least that's where I think fantasy got the aesthetic idea from.
That's where the idea came from, most likely. Warband had a coat of plates though, I think.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's D&D's fault. There actually was a type of armor called a jack of plates or coat of plates, and it really was small metal plates fastened onto leather. D&D though took that idea and turned it into a metalhead biker jacket.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
So this new patch fixed almost all of my hitching issues (just get the occasional hitch now a few times per minute at most), but I can't leave the tutorial area because the game near-freezes my system. When it finally loaded the task manager, the performance tab showed my ram to be almost full (but not so much that it should slow things down to that degree?) and CPU at only like 20-30%.
The process tab shows Bannerlord only using a bit over 2 gigs of RAM though, not nearly enough to get the RAM usage stat in the performance tab to 90%+

More waiting for patches it is, I guess.
If at least the 30xx NVIDIA cards were out already, I could buy a new system now...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
0NkU21L.jpg

That is a lot of angry looters.

Hellion

Arcane
I remember Alaric von Brouhaha's rebellion in Prophesy of Pendor mod. A roaming, partying warband consisting of 1000 deserters and recruits, lead by 5-10 nobles. Good times.

user

Savant
Practice fight so you can improve getting better, not sure why there has to be XP involved in this. Keep seeing this all over. Stats don't seem to have that much of an impact anymore, it's your skill that determines if you die or survive.

Same could be said for normal fights too, but ...RPG, you know?
Should we also have the npc in the arena tell our character "you can participate in practice fights, so that the person controlling you can improve their button pushing skills".
I would guess the logic was that practice fights have no downside while real battles have you lose troops, hp and you can be captured.

That's a good point, but practice fights could have diminishing returns/reduced xp, like in "real life". Got the TournamentXP mod, set practice fights to 30% xp and they do feel like training that isn't really worth doing after a while. Imo practice should not kill you, but it should lower your hp and force you to heal.
Their main purpose is for players to practice their fighting skills in this game. If you force players to spend days healing after every practice fight you just promote savescumming.

Players can just practice at the training grounds if it's about learning the game... Having arenas as a tutorial-only thing is a waste.

I think the commander AI may need additional work.

The tactical genius ruler of the Western Empire just lost his entire army to an inferior force, a motley warband of Battanians, because he kept running in circles with his cavalry in one corner of the map whilst his infantry stood in one place drowning in javelins. Now we are both prisoners.
:deathclaw:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
My current getup. Noble bow and kite shield on back. I don't care for the tier 6 swords maybe I'm a bad player but the mace seems much better in sieges. Too bad there aren't any fancy maces.

aMwmFIr.jpg

A horse of course

To be honest, I wish there was a bit more ornamental-looking gear for some factions. A lot of armour sets just end up making you look like elite cav or whatever. Vlandia of course have their iconic early medieval helms but Imperial factions could use more good threads, considering they can draw from pretty much the entire late Imperial and early Byzantine period.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Lol so they took the already absurd gear prices and doubled them? WTF are these people thinking man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom