Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Unwanted

†††

Patron
nYlW2FD.png

People sure are butthurt and mad in 'ere.

Oh well. I'm sarry u guys got disappointed :(

CZE0SD3.png

Daedalos said:
CONSOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Terra

Cipher
So...nemesis should have been like....Nemesis. As in the original. As in the fucking awesome AI character that was a relentless terminator, with better more developed AI than anything in these remakes, even if it did get caught on the scenery on occassion it doesn't make this statement any less true.
No, Nemesis in 2020 should be something more, he should be employing the sort of unscripted approach of the Alien from Isolation. I should be getting constantly surprised by him in unscripted moments that derail my plans and cause me to adapt on the fly. As the namesake of the game his systems should be an advancement in every way from what we saw back in the PS1 era. Nemesis in the original was largely a scripted experience, he appeared at certain points, he could chase you into X nearby rooms, etc; a wonderful step forward/innovation for the series back in the PS1 days but I expected something more from the remake.

In the buiidup to this game, the devs boasted of larger, more open environments, I believe a more non-linear experience was touted as a reason to deviate from the original, i.e: this was the perfect time to go all out on a stalker enemy like Nemesis and capitalise on unscripted moments brought about through in-game systems and randomisation. Seeing Nemesis burst through the window in the RPD with a rocket launcher was cool back in the day, you know what I wanted to see here - for that sort of moment to happen organically by building on the framework of Mr.X. From the sounds of things, he has been neutered from what could have been his true potential, likely as a byproduct of babies whining about Mr.X "ruining" RE2 Remake due to his stalking the player through the police station (these are the same types of "gamer" that create the mod that removes the Alien from A:I). As I discussed earlier in the thread after finishing the demo, this Nemesis just felt more primitive than what I expected from a remake (I wanted a big step up, akin to the original RE2 Mr.X>RE3 Nemesis evolution), but I suppose that's fairly in line with the industry's graphics>everything else>AI approach in general and I simply expected too much from AAA gaming.

Apparently this games has more areas, and more enemies than the Resident Evil 2 remake...for those saying that had more than this. From what I've played of this one, the encounters in this with zombies seems a lot better, and they don't seem to have the bullshit bullet sponge system RE2R had to build pseudo-tension based on how much ammo you have.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Somebody should make a mod where Nemesis just stares at Jill awkwardly and then wanders off, thinking it got the wrong person.

Nemesis: *Shows picture of Julia Voth*

T-1000: *Shows picture of John Connor*

*Both at the same time*

T-1000: "Have you seen this boy?"

Nemesis: "STARS?"

mogwaimon

Magister
i just beat it (a friend gifted it to me, I didn't spend 60 bucks on it myself) and it was like 5:45 worth of game time, 6:10 of real time. It was fun for me, who hasn't done the original, but definitely can see why people would be disappointed. Nemesis is largely scripted and never really surprises you, and the pace of the game is super quick. At the very least a shop unlocks once you beat the game that sells weapons/speedrun helpers like early lockpicks and boltcutters using achievement points as credit, so there is incentive to replay the game, but...meh. I definitely wouldn't have paid 60 bucks, though I enjoyed the experience. I'm gonna go back and play the original a little later, see how much they bastardized the remake for myself.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
i just beat it (a friend gifted it to me, I didn't spend 60 bucks on it myself) and it was like 5:45 worth of game time, 6:10 of real time. It was fun for me, who hasn't done the original, but definitely can see why people would be disappointed. Nemesis is largely scripted and never really surprises you, and the pace of the game is super quick. At the very least a shop unlocks once you beat the game that sells weapons/speedrun helpers like early lockpicks and boltcutters using achievement points as credit, so there is incentive to replay the game, but...meh. I definitely wouldn't have paid 60 bucks, though I enjoyed the experience. I'm gonna go back and play the original a little later, see how much they bastardized the remake for myself.

It's gonna be a nice little $20 action twist on RE2 but it should have been much more.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I remember when it released there was computer club nearby and it had some playstations too. I visited friend who worked there and there was one dude who regularly played RE3 to collect all endings. You know this type - big, bald, gold chain, BMW car. He was actually good. I don't remember him dying at all.

mogwaimon

Magister
you fucking imbeciles deserve this garbage for supporting these shitty remakes

normally i'd agree wholeheartedly but the RE2 remake wasn't really that bad. they did have some goodwill built up from that. I was thinking about it though and maybe corona fucked up the dev cycle and they couldn't get enough manpower together to finish the game the way they wanted? it's probably a lame excuse, but they did alright with RE2 so I kinda want to give Capcom the benefit of a doubt. either way yea now that we know the game isn't all that great probably wait for a sale or just pirate it

Generic-Giant-Spider

Hunter Beta? In this gaming climate they should've called it, "Hunter Early Access!"

HAHAHAHA!

Oh fuck you, Codex.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Alls I know is, I'm having a blast playing this. This feels obviously alot more action oriented than RE2R, which was expected. Like a fast-paced movie, that doesnt let go, which is in line with the story of trying to escape a city in chaos.

The visuals are crisp as fuck, the voicework and sounds are top notch, the gore and animations could have been better, but its a much larger world than RE2R, so I guess that had to scale down abit.

In terms of cut content, I can see why it's annoying, but really, it doesnt bother me. I see this game as a reimagining not a 1:1 remake of RE3. Capcom wanted to due away with all the "alternate" timelines and stories and focus on a coherent narrative, that's fine with me, and also in line with RE2R, which didnt feature multiple different endings either.
So that's was to be expected.

You can always go back and play RE3 vanilla, if u dislike the Remake, but I'm having a blast, really I am.
I believe people are being overly critic to the point of just pure contrarianism. It's a shorter, weaker presentation than RE2R for sure (and the originals I guess), but it's still a fucking fun game.

A horse of course

Alls I know is, I'm having a blast playing this. This feels obviously alot more action oriented than RE2R, which was expected. Like a fast-paced movie, that doesnt let go, which is in line with the story of trying to escape a city in chaos.

The visuals are crisp as fuck, the voicework and sounds are top notch, the gore and animations could have been better, but its a much larger world than RE2R, so I guess that had to scale down abit.

In terms of cut content, I can see why it's annoying, but really, it doesnt bother me. I see this game as a reimagining not a 1:1 remake of RE3. Capcom wanted to due away with all the "alternate" timelines and stories and focus on a coherent narrative, that's fine with me, and also in line with RE2R, which didnt feature multiple different endings either.

You can always go back and play RE3 vanilla, if u dislike the Remake, but I'm having a blast, really I am.
I believe people are being overly critic to the point of just pure contrarianism. It's a shorter, weaker presentation than RE2R for sure (and the originals I guess), but it's still a fucking fun game.

So you admit it's worse than the original and it's worse than RE2, yet you claim to be baffled as to why people don't like it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

So you admit it's worse than the original and it's worse than RE2, yet you claim to be baffled as to why people don't like it.

"Worse" is subjective. I don't outright think it's worse than the orignal RE3, and I actually liked RE2R more than the original RE2, too, so. I think the updated story, the visuals and everything is really really great, I had such a great time with RE2R and RE3R now.

I'm baffled because Capcom actually said multiple times before release, long ago, that people should probably taper their expectations, they also said that the game WOULDN'T feature multiple story-paths but a single coherent one this time around. So like I said, it's a reimagining, not a 1:1 remake, it was never gonna be, just like RE2R wasn't.
People and their expectations are dangerous.

If you expected a 1:1 remake of RE3, then yea, I understand your disappointment, but you shouldn't have expected that in the first place imo.

RE3 is always gonna be worse than RE2, simply because of the source materiale, orignal, remake, reboot, doesnt matter, RE2 is just straight up a better game than RE3 any way you slice it, that's what I meant.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is there any game you are not fanboy?

Dozens. We are all fanboy of something, it hardly means something my boy. I already said I understand the shortcomings, but I don't care. You still have the originals if u want to play those, nothing was taken away from you. The remakes are great.

Ash

Arcane
So...nemesis should have been like....Nemesis. As in the original. As in the fucking awesome AI character that was a relentless terminator, with better more developed AI than anything in these remakes, even if it did get caught on the scenery on occassion it doesn't make this statement any less true.
No, Nemesis in 2020 should be something more, he should be employing the sort of unscripted approach of the Alien from Isolation. I should be getting constantly surprised by him in unscripted moments that derail my plans and cause me to adapt on the fly. As the namesake of the game his systems should be an advancement in every way from what we saw back in the PS1 era. Nemesis in the original was largely a scripted experience, he appeared at certain points, he could chase you into X nearby rooms, etc; a wonderful step forward/innovation for the series back in the PS1 days but I expected something more from the remake.

Should be, but even getting PS1-era quality design today is a rarity, let alone any real game design advancement.

Generic-Giant-Spider

RE3 is always gonna be worse than RE2, simply because of the source materiale, orignal, remake, reboot, doesnt matter, RE2 is just straight up a better game than RE3 any way you slice it, that's what I meant.

It isn't. You think this is because you were like me at one point in life. You were a retarded kid, you were at Blockbuster Video and saw "RESIDENT EVIL: DIRECTOR'S CUT" with Chris Redfield on the cover with a big gun and went, "Wow I like ACTION!" Then you brought it home and began to play. You wonder what sadistic serial killer mapped the fucked up controls, you ran into the first zombie, the game scared the shit out of you during this FMV but it was cool because you were the big strong man with the big bad gun and you were about to unleash DOOM on this cannibal scum. Oh wait, what's this? You only have a KNIFE. You go to stab the zombie, three grabs later and You're Dead. You try over and over, you keep donating your jugular with no progression, you conclude the game is shit.

But wait, the game came with a SECOND disc! A "demo" for Resident Evil 2? Sure, give it a shot. Wow, you're in a city street on fire with zombies and everything emerging from the flames and you're a COP now. Better yet, you have a GUN! Whoooa! You can shoot these cock munchers down now and go into the gun shop. Hah, the dumb owner got ambushed by 8 zombies but it's fine because you took his shotgun! WHAT? And then you USED the shotgun and it blew heads off! WHERE? This game was twenty times better than that other trash, this was the Resident Evil you envisioned when renting it. Eventually you beg your out of the gaming loop grandmother to buy it for you, Christmas 1998 you see Resident Evil 2 beneath the tree and proceed to spend all Boxing Day stomping a mudhole through Raccoon City. Just kidding, Raccoon PD. You get stuck because you're a retarded kid and don't know puzzles, but the game is awesome because it fulfilled your bloodlust that RE1 didn't.

Now this is where we have a FORK IN THE ROAD, you and I. While you conceded that RE1 was awful and RE2 was the best game to ever emerge out of 1998, I swallowed my GI Joe pride and selected the second character "Jill Valentine." Despite being a GIIIRL, she had a GUN. Wow, the first zombie got destroyed, you met Big Barry, you hoped it was not Chris' blood, and you now have fond memories of RE1 because of Jill the master of unlocking Valentine.

And this brings us to RE3. We were playing as Jill again but while you sneered and scoffed because you weren't playing as Nick Carter in a police uniform, I rejoiced because Mom came back home to make things right. We were exploring Raccoon City, we were mowing down zombies with an Assault Rifle because we chose Easy mode due to brain damage, and heroically fending off that big Nemesis fuck who came at us with the ferocity of ten lions and could use a rocket launcher. Birkin couldn't use a rocket launcher.

Now the zoomers and unwashed will tell you RE3 was about ackshun and miniskirtz and Nemmy, but it was more. It was a thank you to those of us who stuck through RE1, who thought "maybe the guy with the knife isn't good for a first playthrough", it brought back the undisputed and authoritative matriarch of Resident Evil, Jill Valentine. Claire can go fuck herself bloody.

RE3 is better than RE2 in many ways but whenever I feel like not explaining it I just say, "Jill Valentine, faggot." When she's playable in RE2, we'll talk. Until then, mix me some goddamn ammo, Skippy and chew on that Jill Sandwich.

(I know your name isn't actually Skippy)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

It isn't. You think this is because you were like me at one point in life. You were a retarded kid, you were at Blockbuster Video and saw "RESIDENT EVIL: DIRECTOR'S CUT" with Chris Redfield on the cover with a big gun and went, "Wow I like ACTION!" Then you brought it home and began to play. You wonder what sadistic serial killer mapped the fucked up controls, you ran into the first zombie, the game scared the shit out of you during this FMV but it was cool because you were the big strong man with the big bad gun and you were about to unleash DOOM on this cannibal scum. Oh wait, what's this? You only have a KNIFE. You go to stab the zombie, three grabs later and You're Dead. You try over and over, you keep donating your jugular with no progression, you conclude the game is shit.

But wait, the game came with a SECOND disc! A "demo" for Resident Evil 2? Sure, give it a shot. Wow, you're in a city street on fire with zombies and everything emerging from the flames and you're a COP now. Better yet, you have a GUN! Whoooa! You can shoot these cock munchers down now and go into the gun shop. Hah, the dumb owner got ambushed by 8 zombies but it's fine because you took his shotgun! WHAT? And then you USED the shotgun and it blew heads off! WHERE? This game was twenty times better than that other trash, this was the Resident Evil you envisioned when renting it. Eventually you beg your out of the gaming loop grandmother to buy it for you, Christmas 1998 you see Resident Evil 2 beneath the tree and proceed to spend all Boxing Day stomping a mudhole through Raccoon City. Just kidding, Raccoon PD. You get stuck because you're a retarded kid and don't know puzzles, but the game is awesome because it fulfilled your bloodlust that RE1 didn't.

Now this is where we have a FORK IN THE ROAD, you and I. While you conceded that RE1 was awful and RE2 was the best game to ever emerge out of 1998, I swallowed my GI Joe pride and selected the second character "Jill Valentine." Despite being a GIIIRL, she had a GUN. Wow, the first zombie got destroyed, you met Big Barry, you hoped it was not Chris' blood, and you now have fond memories of RE1 because of Jill the master of unlocking Valentine.

And this brings us to RE3. We were playing as Jill again but while you sneered and scoffed because you weren't playing as Nick Carter in a police uniform, I rejoiced because Mom came back home to make things right. We were exploring Raccoon City, we were mowing down zombies with an Assault Rifle because we chose Easy mode due to brain damage, and heroically fending off that big Nemesis fuck who came at us with the ferocity of ten lions and could use a rocket launcher. Birkin couldn't use a rocket launcher.

Now the zoomers and unwashed will tell you RE3 was about ackshun and miniskirtz and Nemmy, but it was more. It was a thank you to those of us who stuck through RE1, who thought "maybe the guy with the knife isn't good for a first playthrough", it brought back the undisputed and authoritative matriarch of Resident Evil, Jill Valentine. Claire can go fuck herself bloody.

RE3 is better than RE2 in many ways but whenever I feel like not explaining it I just say, "Jill Valentine, faggot." When she's playable in RE2, we'll talk. Until then, mix me some goddamn ammo, Skippy and chew on that Jill Sandwich.

(I know your name isn't actually Skippy)

This post has so much severe autism in it, that no known object on earth in 2020 can measure it. Congrats.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I thought the original RE3 was an excellent move for RE in general. The difficulty, length, 'HOLYFUCKWHATTHEFUCKNEM-', multiple story paths, ammo crafting. All of it was really a great direction to take the game, kind of reinvigorating the game really.

I mean, the next step would be more open world type or something similar, more choices that have meaning, etc. Instead of following that path, they go the easy route and simply do graphics above all else.

Man, I played the fuck out of RE4, and enjoyed the 2 player experience on RE5 though me and my friends fully acknowledged it wasn't a RE game. Since then, I haven't touched one. Just moved in the wrong direction I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom