Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - hard rock spacing sequel

Skdursh

Savant
Game is absolute trash. The option to turn off the annoying button prompts that are on the screen telling you what to do doesn't work and even worse is they fucking beep at you until you do whatever is being prompted at the time. Also, for the most part I hate the soundtrack. It's 95% wanna-be-neo-western normie-rock garbage. Glad I tried it before I buyed it.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I enjoyed it, but there is not enough content, I figured there would be more ships in other systems, but nope, just some variants.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I enjoyed it, but there is not enough content, I figured there would be more ships in other systems, but nope, just some variants.
I would have hoped they played up the open nature of similar stuff like Elite where the fun isn't dependent on a quest/narrative but endless missions and whatnot.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Well, Star Wars lore is lame as shit anyway, for a dogfighting game.

Everspace 2 is going to be open world, so that will probably be the game to look out for.

disposable

Novice
The first game was an acceptable novelty. This is pure trash. Narrow, shallow and repetitive with terrible controls and flight model. Just as I was afraid, it's designed around the dumb autopilot gimmick.
While autoaiming is not enforced there's no point in using free flight. With autoaim fights are over quickly and you really don't want to extend your suffering by staying any longer in combat which is braindead and cheap, simply half-assed.
What to do once you're out of combat? Beats me. The economy, hauling, exploration, progression and story are so limited and crude they're not worth mentioning.
The thing is just bad. Ugly graphics too.
The hardest fight in the whole game is the struggle against the ship painter function. It's like a cumbersome bootleg Photoshop. Using it for anything other than drawing simple dicks and writing expletives on the hull of your ship is a waste of time.
Playing Outlaw for the soundtrack makes no sense. Instead find any generic southern rock playlist and go do something that actually makes you happy or whatever.

Guy sharted out a garbage game and all he can do in his defense is shitposting and smirking.
If you really want to play it for some reason get it the outlaw way, know what I'm saying? Don't give any money to these hacks.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Don't worry bro, I've done my due diligence and from what I gather the game mostly seems to consist of flash over flesh.

I'm not into hardcore space sims, but neither do I like my games too arcade-y. I hoped for a middleground, like Freelancer. Are there any other space shooters out there worth trying? I heard good stuff about Everspace and House of the Dying Sun.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Fun way to vent frustrations, no commentary on the actual comments just letting them speak for themselves.

Gamers.txt

angrytravisbukyj.jpg

GreyViper

Prophet
Hope they add more content with patches and keep polishing the game. But right now it looks like wait for it to appear in Steam year later.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Playing Outlaw for the soundtrack makes no sense. Instead find any generic southern rock playlist and go do something that actually makes you happy or whatever.

Haven't played the sequel. Does the soundtrack have any R.L. Burnside? If anyone is unfamiliar with the man, allow me to introduce you.

You're welcome.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I would rather have a game that takes the gameplay mechanics of x-wing and tie fighter games but without the shitty star wars setting.

So, essentially Freespace?
Well Freespace was a kind of mix between Wing Commander (weapons, shields, afreburners etc.) and Lucasarts games (the mission design). I like the Star Wars games a bit more in terms of pure gameplay (the way ships handle, how the weapons worked, energy distribution playing a more significant role and all that) but the setting and story of Freespace was much cooler than SW. I wish there was a modern game in this vein (dogfighting in space with these kind of more complex missions and commanding your wingmen) instead of all these trading/pirate/bounty hunter open world games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom