Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Zero Death New Vegas build (JSawyer mod/Very Hard/Hardcore)

Trashos

Arcane
What Mod manager would your guys recommend?

I use FOMM myself, but it is not like I have tried anything else to compare. I wanted something simple that works, and it delivered. So I am happy with it.

Piotrovitz

Savant
I recommend Project Nevada over Sawyer's mod - not only it's highly customizable (xp nerf, loot rarity, skill points gain etc), but also has a shitload of small QoL improvments, like grenade hotkeys or sprint.

Doing VH/hardcore run myself right now, but I'm to much of a wimp to do no-reload, especially that I always go for high-crit light armor build.

Hopefully I'll finish lonesome road this time, because every fucking playthrough I am losing steam and getting bored half way, and beeline to Hoover Dam after old world blues.
I need to restrain myself from getting survivalist rifle and this machine, as they make everything too easy, even on VH.

JDR13

Arcane
I recommend Project Nevada over Sawyer's mod - not only it's highly customizable (xp nerf, loot rarity, skill points gain etc), but also has a shitload of small QoL improvments, like grenade hotkeys or sprint.

Project Neveda is ok if you don't mind a lot of non-canon things added to the game.

McGilla09

Barely Literate
Excellent guide!! I’ve never been a member of this site but I registered an account just to say I appreciate how much thought went into this post. I started a new playthrough and found this while looking up things about the JSawyer Ultimate mod.

This game came out when I was 19 and I remember playing it to death and wringing everything out of it. I’m realizing how much I actually did back then while also seeing all the aspects of the game I missed. I’ve come back to it in fits and starts over the years but I never tried the JSawyer mod until now.

I’m level 18 and following your build pretty closely using JSawyer Ultimate, economy overhaul, and a handful of other mods. It’s been awesome to have a fresh experience and your post has been very helpful!

flushfire

Augur
I found this thread while looking for comments on some perks, it got me to try Ironman. Have to say it's a very different experience, took perks that I never bothered with before and had to be careful with traps and some monsters. I've completed the game a few times back before most DLCs came out, thought it was easy but Ironman gave me a different perspective. Sadly I don't think I can finish this game this way, it's my 7th restart and most of my deaths have been pretty stupid, some on my part. Drowning because I got stuck in terrain, companions triggering traps, forgetting cars exploded when hit, stuff like that. Last death was 30+ hrs in, repeating all that's just not going to be fun anymore. Hats off to you guys who're able to do it.

Erxtric

Barely Literate
Very informative. We came to similar conclusions about Special, but you informed me on the explosives and carry weight. I'm curious about action boy vs GRS when using Math Wrath since I've never used math wrath. Also is there a reason your intelligence is so high with the reduced level cap?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom