Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Vatnik Wumao
Merde, that's fucked up.
Just like the actual French revolution.
:^)
PON6Vwm.jpg

YLD

Novice
WBJ9ILu.png

Cold Fear (2005)

A horror game released two months after Resident Evil 4 and inevitably in its shadow.

If RE4 is often credited for the modernization of third-person shooters (independently of horror), in many ways Cold Fear is a glimpse of what fixed-camera horror could have evolved into.

The game often uses fixed cameras for tension and atmosphere, but you can aim in an over-the-shoulder perspective at any time and contrary to RE4 you can move while aiming. It's a solid concept though still experimental and broken enough that you will probably keep making stupid mistakes until the very end: I can count on one hand the number of times I took damage and legitimately deserved it.

The game is extremely easy and mouse controls further trivialise the whole thing. It's also very short even by horror standards, so even though I can see someone preferring PCSX2 over PC for savestates, the checkpoint system didn't bother me as much as it could have.

The very sharp dynamic shadows of the PC version sometimes look off but visually the game is extremely pleasant, and with a few exceptions it handles its mood and atmosphere about as well as the material allows. Sure the ending leaves some questions unanswered but the plot is so unremarkable that I didn't really care anymore. It gets the job done and gives you a sense of purpose, that's enough.

The plot's worst enemies are the pacing and navigation: the game is way too short to build familiarity, yet it decided that you shouldn't get a map and still takes for granted that it can throw random names at you and you will know what it's talking about. Expect needless backtracking and crossing your fingers while checking random areas.

It's not terrible but it's still painfully mediocre.

Meh, whatever /10

dCedRsr.png

Rm6hZhN.png

WBJ9ILu.png

1vPo3Wo.png

LqItnMk.png

g2l56uH.png

e0dshEb.png

1femH9o.png

60KDbDM.png

I7awTrI.png

ioATaHC.png

y4dALDY.png

oSUsTJI.png

f08nXSi.png

blfsb2N.png

pHi63B6.png

LOL the dude who posted the image of skeletons with blacked.com logo deleted his post while I was editing a picture, so now it's not funny, but I'm still going to post it

ioShzz.png

EDITED: Yldriel or YldriE come back I now it was you
Just saw this. Sorry about that bro but honestly yours is much better anyway.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't get how come nobody now tries to do same level of destructive env that SS had. That game is now 17 years old. It was designed to run on a Pentium 3 with 128 MB of memory - there are fucking watches with comparable processing power now. And no devs are attempting to replicate the feature that just screams emergent gameplay. I am sad and disappointed.

Danikas

Arcane
I don't get how come nobody now tries to do same level of destructive env that SS had. That game is now 17 years old. It was designed to run on a Pentium 3 with 128 MB of memory - there are fucking watches with comparable processing power now. And no devs are attempting to replicate the feature that just screams emergent gameplay. I am sad and disappointed.
Decline is a real thing.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Have you ever heard of a obscure shooter called Battlefield? Or Far Cry? Or Crysis? Or Rainbow 6 Siege? Or Red Faction? Or Control? Or Just Cause? Or Breach? Or ARMA?
What about Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? Or Noita? Or Minecraft? Or Force Unleashed?

Anyway, fully destructible enviroments are really fucking hard to make. That's why nowadays devs that want those sorts of physics are experimenting more and more with voxels instead of pixels.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
IS possible to take screenshots from DOSBOX?

I an Playing Dark Sun at moment. Then i will try Eye of the Beholder

Anyway, here is my gothic 2 - RETURNING necromancer video

jackofshadows

Magister
Darth Roxor you're playing via DOSBox? I've tried with it recently, the game worked fine for some time, then randomly crashed, after few more times I postponed resolving that.

Phinx

Augur
This is a mod I have been working on called Project Genesis. Taking inspiration from the Sega Genesis Shadowrun. However, expect to see maps from the Snes game, as well as missions and encounters taken directly from the Sourcebook. I have also gotten permission to absorb the old UGC Life on a Limb which will have selected portions integrated into the game.

Story wise it will be an original story, where you will take control of the protagonist who is terminally ill, and the price of the cure turns his/her world upside down.

On the Shadowrunning side of things, there will be small scaled random milk runs, one time runs, and story driven missions. I've also tried my best to make the matrix more interesting and mimic the Genesis version more closely. As well as allowing it to give the player the ability to use to matrix to make life easier, say you enter the public matrix, hack into the Coffin Motel to get free boarding.

I have also included almost every custom item, ability made by other modders that aren't overpowered, added a custom soundtrack as HK is eastern themed, and I've modified the AI scripts so the enemies use all of their AP.

Due to real life, as well as a full-time job, I didn't really want to post screenshots yet. But it's only a matter of time before my company forces it's employees into isolation, so I thought this is the time to post it as I'll finally have some ample time to get things done.
HzrcWMU.png

c2MCoIY.png

KGWBb4t.png

xCsNr0d.jpg
EUuX9Xd.jpg

TSMeG5W.jpg

jlmbxyM.png

uS8pcOe.png

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane

The writing for this campaign is so good, that you don't want to spoil ir even with one short sentence summarising its worthiness to the Dex?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom