Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [LP CYOA] I'm a High Tech Hobo Who Stumbled into Another World While Out Scavenging For Parts

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A is right out. If he's got money for booze and whores, he doesn't need anything from our hobo.
B looks promising if she doesn't just kick hobo ass for disturbing her.
C is the low hanging fruit. This one you have something to offer to.
D is a long shot. If it works and the cow wins, you're golden. If it works.

B>C

Baltika9

Arcane
I serve Codexia.

A - 0
B - 5/3
C - 1/3
D - 6
(With/without conditional votes)

Kipeci - C>D
Baltika9 - D>B
Nevill - D
Tigranes - D>B
ERYFKRAD - D
Azira - B
baud - C>B
Absinthe - C>B
Grimgravy - B>C
Esquilax - D
Kayerts - D
Nahel - B

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Gentlemen, we are on the precipice of COW. Will you heed the call?

9a4765b200f56de8130299257ec87a78.jpg

Nahel

Arcane
Sphere diplomacy, here we are again.... The cow will probably win but I still vote B.

Baltika9

Arcane
After giving it some more thought, I realized that not picking the cow is something that I will later regret, like skipping out on the Brown Wedding, or not marrying Sekhenun.

Flopping to D>B.

Absinthe

Arcane
Man, I'd forgotten about that. But I can't help but suspect that making a cow fight this early either results in this CYOA becoming irredeemably stupid "do it for the lulz" shenanigans with nowhere to go or our hobo losing an arm. Basically D feels like we'll be ending the CYOA a lot sooner. Considering what we have riding on this and the sheer impracticality of this working, D also feels like a sphere diplomacy vote.

Yuhe Finger, Brown Wedding, and picking Yunzi vs the couple are probably all missed opportunities though. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we were to do that CYOA again. We'd probably trade old mistakes for fresh ones.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, I'd forgotten about that. But I can't help but suspect that making a cow fight this early either results in this CYOA becoming becoming irredeemably stupid "do it for the lulz" shenanigans with nowhere to go or our hobo losing an arm. Basically D feels like we'll be ending the CYOA a lot sooner. Considering what we have riding on this and the sheer impracticality of this working, D also feels like a sphere diplomacy vote.

Yuhe Finger, Brown Wedding, and picking Yunzi vs the couple are probably all missed opportunities though. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we were to do that CYOA again. We'd probably trade old mistakes for fresh ones.
Look, if the cow loses, it's not our fault, so the cow should be the one that's punished. Except, we picked the cow because we were told to pick someone by the Guildmaster's daughter, so this is all her fault really.

Absinthe

Arcane
Don't worry Baltika9, our MC has a lot of experience with working on magic armors. Making one on short notice that's good enough for a cow to defeat the Junkyard's newest fighter in their best armor should be well within our skills.

Baltika9

Arcane
Don't worry Baltika9, our MC has a lot of experience with working on magic armors. Making one on short notice that's good enough for a cow to defeat the Junkyard's newest fighter in their best armor should be well within our skills.
You are uncharacteristically optimistic.
+M

Absinthe

Arcane
It's important to look on the bright side of things. I'm sure we'll be an even better craftsman with one arm too. :lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Cowtastrophe

I had no idea who the cow belonged to, but no one stopped me as I quietly untied the rope and snuck out through the back door. The cow followed without kicking up a fuss. Very quiet and docile, even for a cow, but I wasn’t about to complain. I made my way back to the warehouse through the winding streets, the cow plodding behind me at a steady pace.

There was a lot of work I had to do to refit the armor so that a huge bovine could squeeze into it. But I was sure I was up to the task, even if it had to take me the rest of the night and the better part of the day to do so.

And hours of backbreaking, laborious work later, my masterpiece was complete. I remodelled the armor to be in quadruped form, instead of being bipedal. I had to reduce the layers of defensive plating in order to accommodate the larger frame of the cow. I recalibrated the targeting AI and piloting assistance mechanisms.

It should work, in theory, but I have no idea how the most important part of the whole thing would pan out: will the magic capacitator work with a cow?

My knowledge of magic was too meagre to give me any answers. But at this point, I was past caring. I had already invested all the little time I had left into this attempt at getting a cow to pilot a magic armor. In fact, I’ve already strapped the cow inside.

It continued to make no noise, not even a single moo. Rather uncharacteristic, from what I know of cows. Though to be fair I knew very little, since the only cows I had seen in person before this were in the form of half-eaten steaks and burgers tossed out with the trash.

I look at the gigantic mechanical bull, its black plating gleaming dully under the warehouse’s dim lights. There was only around half an hour till the appointed time. My mind began to be filled with questions. How would I order the cow around? Does it know what it should do? Will it even move in the first place?

In hindsight, this might not have been the best idea. But hey, no risks no glory, right? If I kickstart the armor, the magic capacitator should start feeding off the cow on its own, according to the algorithms I have input to regulate its operations. And so, I activate the armor.

Nothing happens at first.

And a few seconds later, I can hear a low whine. The armor begins to jerk. Is it working?

The pitch of the whine increases. Beyond it I can hear the cow lowing, the first noise I have heard it make. I blink my eyes; the core of the armor, where the cow is, has begun to glow red.

That’s… not supposed to happen. My instincts scream at me to run, and I do. I turn around and bolt for the door.

But it’s too late.

The red glow leaps up in intensity, becoming a brilliant crimson flare that engulfs me. There is no pain, just a pure, red nothingness.

Perhaps it was premature of me to assume I could tinker as easily as I wished with magic armor while knowing almost nothing of magic theory. Perhaps my technological prowess had interfered in strange ways with the workings of magic. Perhaps, the cows of this world were just terribly volatile.

Regardless, the real reason for this explosion is not something that I can know now.

I know nothing more.

DEAD END

Baltika9

Arcane
:lol:
...well then. The adventures of Xu Jing continue in Cyberpunk Wuxia?

Kipeci

Arcane
I guess it really did have a shitload of mana after all! Just a smidge too much for us.

Just imagine the look on their faces when they get a look at this.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Bwahahah! :lol:
Nice going people!

Ah for fucks sake. I so wanted the Hobo Rider to succeed. But trust the Codex to fuck things up. Hadn't expected it so soon though...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh man, now I'm just left curious as to whether the Shovel option would have worked?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom