Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Funposter

Arcane
i just gave up on bandit hideouts and put the difficulty down to retarded baby mode, and then reset it once i was done. no amount of tactics is going to help against 40 bandits when you have 8 men who are RANDOMLY SELECTED.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i just gave up on bandit hideouts and put the difficulty down to retarded baby mode, and then reset it once i was done. no amount of tactics is going to help against 40 bandits when you have 8 men who are RANDOMLY SELECTED.
There is so much retardation in some decisions like this...
That other mission where you help someone against a rival gang and the combat starts and you have to be with your "civilian" clothing? Wtf? I go to fight some gang and I'm with my pyjamas?
Also LOL at the second skill choice for "Two-Handed". What the hell does garrison has to do with the two-handed skill??

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Is helmet from bannerlord poster artwork even in game?
mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-cover_17awa.jpg

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
How so? Just wacking people over the head as they scale the walls?

It is fast and short and doesn't get caught on walls or messed up when fighting close quarters. The best weapon for doing big overhand swings if people are coming up a ladder is the Rhomphaia or Falx as those are 1 hit kills.

Is helmet from bannerlord poster artwork even in game?

They have similar helms but they have breathing holes in the face shield there is both flat and pointed versions with cloth and chain coif. I can enable all items and make a look similar to that bannerlord promotional image.

o1bRxXn.jpg

Anyone notice the messing around they are doing with item values and armour and weapon stats? Kinda pointless to do this balancing before having the game in a fully playable state.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Anyone notice the messing around they are doing with item values and armour and weapon stats? Kinda pointless to do this balancing before having the game in a fully playable state.
Yeah, fucked me up. I'm guessing they accidentally launched the game with an outdated version of the item balancing and this is the balance they meant to launch with, because the latest patch reactivates about 200 items that weren't there to start.

Hellion

Arcane
I made so much money exploting the combat system before they fixed it with yesterday's patch (basically cheesing siege defenses against 600+ armies and making about half a million selling all the loot) that I'm basically going around the world and buying all the expensive items I see just for the lolz.

KF69ttl.jpg

PS. You can't have any.

:keepmyjewgold:

user

Savant
Perks suck in general. Some are interesting but most are irrelevant. Some skills level in weird lousy ways. Economy is broken. I was farming sea raiders before the price increase and they were often dropping armor that I could sell for 12k a piece. Should be 24k now. I like that items are expensive because they make for a huge coin sink, which is needed for long-term and I also like rare drops, but getting loot with these item prices throws everything out of the window.

On the bright side they keep dishing out patches and the modding community is hyperactive, so most things will be fixed soon enough.

Hellion

Arcane
Right now, probably not. I think that only MnB/Warband fans who've waited for 8 years will find any pleasure in the game in its current state.

Eventually, given enough time, with everything balanced out and all its features incorporated, it might even become the single greatest single-player experience in the history of the UNIVERSE.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
This game lacks so many core features. It isn't even a real sandbox anymore, just a pseudo Total War conquest campaign.

I didn't expect to be this disappointed after this long wait.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I made so much money exploting the combat system before they fixed it with yesterday's patch (basically cheesing siege defenses against 600+ armies and making about half a million selling all the loot) that I'm basically going around the world and buying all the expensive items I see just for the lolz.

KF69ttl.jpg

PS. You can't have any.

:keepmyjewgold:
From what I have seen currently there is not much point in having lots of money as you cannot do much with it. To raise armies you are still dependant on recruiting and you cannot buy huge merc armies or other military stuff. It would be cool if you could buy armor and weapon upgrades for your armies beyond just leveling them up.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Right now, probably not. I think that only MnB/Warband fans who've waited for 8 years will find any pleasure in the game in its current state.

Eventually, given enough time, with everything balanced out and all its features incorporated, it might even become the single greatest single-player experience in the history of the UNIVERSE.
It seems very popular on Twitch amongst the normies.

Hellion

Arcane
New patch just game out. 1.2 mb.

• Another fix for Aserai's basic troop.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the main party from starving if the tutorial is skipped.
  • Fixed a bug with conversations with Imperial and anti-Imperial mentors after the 2nd phase of the Main Storyline.
  • Players will now be able to join a kingdom if they are at war with a faction that has been weakened almost to the point of destruction.
  • Terrain performance fix for low configs.
  • Fixed an error for the settlement recruit notification.
  • Fixed formation size showing 0 in multiplayer lobby Armory.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happens when ordering your troops to raid a settlement.
  • Simplified Chinese text improvements.
  • Fixed a crash related to archer weapon behaviour.
  • Positive and negative relation effects were not applied if players spent their influence on other candidates during voting. This was a bug and it is now fixed. Now, spending 50/100/300 influence increases your relation by 8/20/60 with a candidate.
  • Snowball effect developments: clans now no longer want to defect to kingdoms which captured their settlements earlier in a campaign. AI defection calculation now cares about relations much more and new ways to lose relations have been added. If a party besieges a settlement, the army leader will lose relation with the settlement owner. Also, after a successful siege, there is a secondary relation loss between both the settlement owner and the aggressor’s faction leader.
  • NPC lords will now be more selective when targeting distant settlements for hostile actions.
  • Fixed a crash that happened when logging in to multiplayer.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after successfully defending a castle during a siege.

I don't think I've ever been as excited for the release of daily patches and reading about all fixes/additions in patch notes.

XenomorphII

Prophet
I have one question as a complete M&B newbie - is this game worth buying/playing as a singleplayer?
Yes.

If you want a more finished experience get warband, play it, get some mods, play them, then see if bannerlord has been getting worked on. If you want to beta test and see how the game grows and changes go for bannerlord (I would say go warband first if you haven't played any of them it shouldn't be hard to find on sale somewhere).

Harthwain

Magister
They are probably working from homes now, which makes escaping work tricky. Especially if someone is really dedicated to it.

Hellion

Arcane
Maybe it's a mace to be used AGAINST Cataphracts.

PS. Protip: It turns out that, just like in Warband, the troops that accompany you when raiding a hideout are the ones at the very top of your troops list.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PS. Protip: It turns out that, just like in Warband, the troops that accompany you when raiding a hideout are the ones at the very top of your troops list.
8 years and no one could come up with the amazing idea of being able to choose who follows you... I like the game but ffs, they really could've put some more effort in some things

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom