Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
There is cataphract mace in game but cataphracts dont use it.
:hmmm:
Well, that's like the crossbowman being good at bows (instead of crossbows) or the Vladian sergeant being good on horseback (instead of on foot).

The troops in the game definitely need some stats modifications to suit their roles.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Well, that's like the crossbowman being good at bows (instead of crossbows) or the Vladian sergeant being good on horseback (instead of on foot).

The troops in the game definitely need some stats modifications to suit their roles.
For example cataphracts should have those gauntlets, boots and pauldrons that are specially made to work with their armour (Imperial Lamellar Pauldrons, Boots, Gauntlets).
They dont use them as set...

Instead they use something that im sure was made specially for Palatine Guards.

I had to edit it myself (I also changed other units)
fXzIwKn.jpg

5gWoFf9.png

CN7EQsV.jpg

mIUDWVE.png

Ut5f5u6.jpg

y3PP21W.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I'm trying to play this game.

I get crazy HDD activity, although I've installed it on my SSD. I can practically hear the HDD working when I'm rotating the camera ingame. When in a village I'm watching a slideshow.

I open Task Manager and I see 6.7 GB out of 8 GB of RAM taken up and my HDD activity is on max. Meanwhile the SSD is nearly idle. Also meanwhile, the game estimates it's using 2.5 GB out of my 11 GB of VRAM (GTX 1080 Ti)

I notice that Windows considers my HDD "Disk 0" and my SSD "Disk 1" in Task Manager, and then in Disk Management. I assume that's why the game is trying to cache stuff on the HDD, because why not be that stupid.

I turn off the PC, unplug my HDD from the system, start up again, and start the game.

Now the game crashes every time it has to render 3D - whether when trying to load a savegame or when trying to go into character creation.

I assume it's keeping data about my system somewhere locally. I uninstall the game and I'm currently reinstalling it.

I still expect it to keep crashing because it probably kept its configuration files somewhere in the steam folder after I uninstalled.

Piece of shit.

Perkel

Arcane
Look up paging.
It seems like game is using page file on HDD.
You can check page file in System > Advanced System Settings > PerformanceBox: Settings > Advanced: Change

The funniest thing about that part of the video is that its only marginally worse than the preceding siege where both sides exhibited the same blobbing behavior, albeit on a smaller scale, and the PC literally walked his way through a packed enemy shield wall that ignored him as he belted them with spears and javelins from the back.

But its an improvement over Viking Conquest's armies occasionally acting strangely in a way that didn't really affect gameplay, right guys? Right?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Look up paging.
You can check page file in System > Advanced System Settings > PerformanceBox: Settings > Advanced: Change
Yeah, I should have tried this before reinstalling. When I opened the respective tab in the Performance Options window, I got a dialog box that there was a problem with my paging file and Windows had created a temporary paging file just now.

Funposter

Arcane
PS. Protip: It turns out that, just like in Warband, the troops that accompany you when raiding a hideout are the ones at the very top of your troops list.

Not quite. It will automatically select companions before troops (have fun bringing your surgeon into a nighttime raid) and even after that, it seems to go down the troop list more as a guide than anything else. If I have 8 Sharpshooters at the top of my list, it will still only select about 3 of them, before skipping down to my best infantry. Even after that, it will still sometimes randomly select a tier 3 infantry soldier from a random spot in the list. You can manipulate the selection, but not perfectly.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I think that this guy in main menu has cloak that isnt even in the game, bear fur+ cape.
Unless its just programmers being lazy and instead adding it to game they did some trick that allowed this guy to have 2 shoulder pieces, bear fur and some cape.
OvMuzaL.jpg

AwesomeButton

Patron
Look up paging.
Yeah, I should have tried this before reinstalling. When I opened the respective tab in the Performance Options window, I got a dialog box that there was a problem with my paging file and Windows had created a temporary paging file just now.
So, I reinstalled and reconnected my HDD. Allowed windows to only use the SSD for page file. The performance is better - no more slideshow, however, riding through one of the first villages fills up my 8 GB ram and there is still HDD activity regardless of what I told Windows. I'll continue expriments tomorrow. Disgusting performance, their engine doesn't utilize the present VRAM at all - I run RDR2 on max settings but get problems with Bannerlord, absurd. I wonder if it's still their old DX9 engine with added library shit on top for the Physics based rendering.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

I was more annoyed that the 'Knight's Lance' didn't have the couching attack feature.

Still not seeing any of these supposedly re-added items, still only the one crossbow with out-of-reach requirements, still not seeing any decent armor in stores. Does it require a new playthrough I wonder?

Zariusz

Arbiter

I was more annoyed that the 'Knight's Lance' didn't have the couching attack feature.

Still not seeing any of these supposedly re-added items, still only the one crossbow with out-of-reach requirements, still not seeing any decent armor in stores. Does it require a new playthrough I wonder?
After loading save from before that patch you must wait sometime so shops will spawn new items. Then there is chance that new items will show.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Somewhat odd bug:

Got a quest from a lord to capture a Sturgian chick (Siga). He offered 5k. Oh look, she's in the army we're facing.

400 vs 300, with the leader actually letting me command the cavalry instead of 4 archers. Cool! We charge into the enemy line and annihilate them. So fun.

After the battle, someone else captures Siga. I got two nobles, so I talk to the guy and swap one of them for her. "Hey bro, why u want this bitch so bad?" "oh no reason, hey how about I throw in this sumpter horse? This bad boy can hold so many stacks of grain." "Deal!"

Talk to the lord, click the quest to collect my cash, and... nothing. Dialogue says "I will go find her." She's in my group, jackass!

Quest log says she's still captured by the other lord. Looks like the quest flag doesn't get set if you barter for her. Have to the be the want who captures her.

Yeah yeah, I know, early access, I said was gonna stop playing, grumble grumble...

Perkel

Arcane
So, I reinstalled and reconnected my HDD. Allowed windows to only use the SSD for page file. The performance is better - no more slideshow, however, riding through one of the first villages fills up my 8 GB ram and there is still HDD activity regardless of what I told Windows. I'll continue expriments tomorrow. Disgusting performance, their engine doesn't utilize the present VRAM at all - I run RDR2 on max settings but get problems with Bannerlord, absurd. I wonder if it's still their old DX9 engine with added library shit on top for the Physics based rendering.

It can also be sound bug. Lower sound channels to low. I had such stutters until i changed it to low.

Aemar

Arcane
Started a new character with main focus on Roguery. Curious to see what options does the game currently offer if playing as an outlaw.

AwesomeButton

Patron

It can also be sound bug. Lower sound channels to low. I had such stutters until i changed it to low.
My first measure was to lower them to medium from the default setting of high. I'll try low today. Thanks!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Started a new character with main focus on Roguery. Curious to see what options does the game currently offer if playing as an outlaw.

You can just mouse over the perk bonuses and see what you can unlock at a higher tier.
And I have to say a lot of stuff is pretty underwhelming vs the amount of time it took to raise.
Chargen is your only chance of getting a real build started. Cherrypick hard, and maybe raise Bow/Riding if you want to use the good horses/bow ASAP.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

You can just mouse over the perk bonuses and see what you can unlock at a higher tier.
And I have to say a lot of stuff is pretty underwhelming vs the amount of time it took to raise.
Chargen is your only chance of getting a real build started. Cherrypick hard, and maybe raise Bow/Riding if you want to use the good horses/bow ASAP.
Progression is definitely fucked.

They made both the skills and the character levels geometric. Once you hit lvl 10+ you don't really get anywhere.

A horse of course

Somewhat odd bug:

Got a quest from a lord to capture a Sturgian chick (Siga). He offered 5k. Oh look, she's in the army we're facing.

400 vs 300, with the leader actually letting me command the cavalry instead of 4 archers. Cool! We charge into the enemy line and annihilate them. So fun.

After the battle, someone else captures Siga. I got two nobles, so I talk to the guy and swap one of them for her. "Hey bro, why u want this bitch so bad?" "oh no reason, hey how about I throw in this sumpter horse? This bad boy can hold so many stacks of grain." "Deal!"

Talk to the lord, click the quest to collect my cash, and... nothing. Dialogue says "I will go find her." She's in my group, jackass!

Quest log says she's still captured by the other lord. Looks like the quest flag doesn't get set if you barter for her. Have to the be the want who captures her.

Yeah yeah, I know, early access, I said was gonna stop playing, grumble grumble...

I never figured out how to complete this quest, as even if I capture the Lord directly, the quest giver says the same thing. I looked in the quest log and it says "one of my agents will be at the gates of the next settlement you visit" but I don't see anyone in the town, the tavern, nothing. Tried this with two different Lords and I dunno how you're supposed to do it. The only part of the quest that seems to work is accepting the victim's counter-offer as soon as you capture them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom