Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Hellion

Arcane
If you start your own kingdom, all enemy factions literally take turns declaring war on you every month without any logical reasoning whatsoever. I'm occupying lands formerly belonging to the Western Empire, but am receiving war declerations by the Khuzait and Sturgians who are on the other edge of the map and at the same time fighting for their lives against the Battanians and Northern Empire.

Sometimes they don't even attack, they just declare war for the lols and just sit there. Of course, this is better than them sending out their entire army against you while an enemy army is wrecking their cities. These factions must really hate upstart kingdoms with a passion.

On my next playthrough I think I'll just start trading and hunting bandits, kingdom management is so barebones right now that it's downright hostile.

Nathir

Liturgist
Is it just me or is it way harder to hit something from horseback, compared to the previous game? Atleast with the mace that my character is using.

I've found it easier to hit with everything on horseback compared to wb though I haven't tried lances yet, javelins are especially satisfying to use now from horseback.

Harthwain

Magister
Is it just me or is it way harder to hit something from horseback, compared to the previous game? Atleast with the mace that my character is using.
You have to angle the camera down a lot more. In the previous game the attack was automatically aiming lower when on horseback, without you having to look down so much.

Aemar

Arcane
Started a new character with main focus on Roguery. Curious to see what options does the game currently offer if playing as an outlaw.

You can just mouse over the perk bonuses and see what you can unlock at a higher tier.
And I have to say a lot of stuff is pretty underwhelming vs the amount of time it took to raise.
Chargen is your only chance of getting a real build started. Cherrypick hard, and maybe raise Bow/Riding if you want to use the good horses/bow ASAP.
Day 15, level 9, 20k. Soloing the area around the Aserai city of Husn Fulq, on the border with the Southern Empire and the Khuzaits; taking on steppe bandits, looters, Aserai villagers and depleted villages, small Aserai caravans, and the smallest Aserai parties as they are at war with the Southern Empire. Steppe bow as primary weapon (tournament arrows to take prisoners), Menavlion lance as back-up.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Haven't played it yet, but in Warband, weapon reach was kind of important. And maces were on the shorter end. Is it easier to hit stuff with a longer weapon?

deuxhero

Arcane
Hmm, looks like there's no new patch today. Prehaps they aren't working on the weekend and yesterday's patch was just a delay in launching?

Haven't played it yet, but in Warband, weapon reach was kind of important. And maces were on the shorter end. Is it easier to hit stuff with a longer weapon?

Glaives have massive reach and can be used on horseback to slice past enemies.
They can also be used as couched lances. These type of polearms are probably among the best you can get (and basic glaives are cheap).
Only advantage I see on regular 2-handers is that they can hit several opponents unlike 2-handed polearms (I haven't played much so take this with a grain of salt).

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

Glaives have massive reach and can be used on horseback to slice past enemies.
They can also be used as couched lances. These type of polearms are probably among the best you can get (and basic glaives are cheap).
Only advantage I see on regular 2-handers is that they can hit several opponents unlike 2-handed polearms (I haven't played much so take this with a grain of salt).

Who sells glaives?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think that this guy in main menu has cloak that isnt even in the game, bear fur+ cape.
Unless its just programmers being lazy and instead adding it to game they did some trick that allowed this guy to have 2 shoulder pieces, bear fur and some cape.
OvMuzaL.jpg
It is in the game - at least in multiplayer.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
16 GB of RAM Required for Age of Decadence+ graphics.

It's hopefully just a bug. HW requirements state 8 gigs recommended...
I'm more baffled by the lack of VRAM used. 3GB is recommended spec... What the heck are they doing.
I'm sure they'll fix the memory leaks eventually, otherwise they'll have to push the official requirements, and they seem to be confident there is room for optimization. The lack of utilisation of VRAM is sadly most probably going to remain the case. I'm not knowledgeable about 3D engine programming but the feeling is that this is their old engine with just PBR and lighting, and higher resolution textures added to it. It manages to look modern but doesn't really use modern tech. Kind of like how Fallout 4's Gamebryo was "upgraded" with regard to Fallout 3's Gamebryo.

Still, with the videocard being under-utilised and memory requirements being this high, Bannerlord could have either looked much better for the amount of resources it eats, or could have ran much better while looking as good as it does.

jungl

Augur
Looks like the meta in this one switched to the mongol faction. First mount and blade there were knights you can build to hard counter them. Warband however mongol horsemen are lot tankier and can aim their bows. Really frustrating playing with northern empire cause all they do is face charge the horsemen and get slaughtered when the best thing to do is to defend and let archers work.

Perk system is very boring. First mount and blade with leveling hp or attack speed is more fun.

vmar

Savant
It seems that 8 GB RAM is simply not meeting the minimum requirements for smooth gameplay.

That's your problem, I was still running 8gb ram when the EA released and the game was barely playable, I upgraded to 32gb and can now run the game perfectly on high/medium settings with no stutter even with my old ass gpu and cpu.

I've seen lots of people on the forums with the same issue, and upgrading to at least 16gb ram seems to be the answer. Sucks, because the minimum requirements say 8gb is enough, but at least ram isn't too expensive these days.

Zanzoken

Arcane
16 GB of RAM Required for Age of Decadence+ graphics.

I only have 8GB and I'm getting roughly 40fps on Low to Medium settings, but that's with the battle size turned all the way down. It's sub-optimal, but playable (kinda like the game itself right now).

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
They need to setup unique Kingdom behaviour to fit their army culture. Khuzaits should focus more on raids and pillaging roaming caravans to slowly weaken enemies with their superior map speed instead of dying massively during sieges. And have a much higher army advantage to decide upon starting a siege.

Things like that would make each kingdom default AI more unique. The generic style just don't fit others very well.

If you're a freelancer who just bullies the weakest kingdom by raids and villager/trader caravan attacks, the best culture army is probably Khuzait since they move really quick - the moment they level up and you have a spare Steppe Horse, they're horseback right away, ready to ride fast.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you start your own kingdom, all enemy factions literally take turns declaring war on you every month without any logical reasoning whatsoever. I'm occupying lands formerly belonging to the Western Empire, but am receiving war declerations by the Khuzait and Sturgians who are on the other edge of the map and at the same time fighting for their lives against the Battanians and Northern Empire.

Sometimes they don't even attack, they just declare war for the lols and just sit there. Of course, this is better than them sending out their entire army against you while an enemy army is wrecking their cities. These factions must really hate upstart kingdoms with a passion.

On my next playthrough I think I'll just start trading and hunting bandits, kingdom management is so barebones right now that it's downright hostile.

I remember this happening to me in Warband. Think my right to rule was really low or something and every other faction just hated my guts for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom