Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If I had to reinvent/depict dragons, I'd have made their relationship to humans like the one humans have with animals in terms of brain power and overall superiority.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If I had to reinvent/depict dragons, I'd have made their relationship to humans like the one humans have with animals in terms of brain power and overall superiority.
The intelligent dragon is already an old fantasy trope, mate.
Yes, but we don't ever see that in games. And it's not so much intelligence as incomprehensibility.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Half-dragons beg to differ :D
Which half is the dragon though?

Does it really matter?

DraQ

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 3: Baldur's Gate.

At least mechanic wise, doesn't have the BS armor mechanics, BS cooldowns and etc
I don't doubt it will at least be better than "actual" BG games (or at least BG1) and quite possibly better than Larian's previous TB offerings.
Maybe they will also retain whatever they learn about not marring good mechanics with retarded crap (cooldowns, stupid armor system, massive stat inflation, item fever) in their next project, whatever that might be.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't doubt it will at least be better than "actual" BG games (or at least BG1) and quite possibly better than Larian's previous TB offerings.
Maybe they will also retain whatever they learn about not marring good mechanics with retarded crap (cooldowns, stupid armor system, massive stat inflation, item fever) in their next project, whatever that might be.

I don't think taht will be good as BG1. IMO will be far worst than BG1/BG2 but far

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I was re watching the gameplay and is sure that they are fighting 3 intellect devourers as lv 1? They gave me a lot of trouble at lv 6 on NWN1. How much enemies will gonna be nerfed in this game?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Enemies don't have the same CR in D&D 5E as they had in 3.5E. We've been over this. These intellect devourers don't have their signature ability (devour intellect), that's why they are such a pushover. Why they would strip them of this is a mystery to me. Maybe they wanted the first enemies to be "weird" and "mind flayer-y", but it's kinda tasteless.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
These intellect devourers don't have their signature ability (devour intellect), that's why they are such a pushover. Why they would strip them of this is a mystery to me.

They could have called it "LESSER intellect devourers", or "baby" or anything. Pathfinder Kingmaker did it with Jabberwock

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom