Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Generic-Giant-Spider

RE3 was a shitty Resident Evil game and fuck you. This remake is incline. There's my argument, bitch.

"Hm, I'm pleased Resident Evil 3: Nemesis had a distinct lack of Nemesis in it. INCLINE."

My personal GOTY 2015 or whatever yea it came out.

Nigga every game you play is your GOTY 20xx. You mad fake.

JDR13

Arcane
I enjoyed Alien Isolation a lot. The only real negative for me is that it's too long for a horror game. It would have been better had they trimmed 20-30% off of it.

SumDrunkGuy

RE3 was a shitty Resident Evil game and fuck you. This remake is incline. There's my argument, bitch.

"Hm, I'm pleased Resident Evil 3: Nemesis had a distinct lack of Nemesis in it. INCLINE."

My argument is that RE3 was never a good Resident Evil game. You seem to be in love with it which makes you almost as bad as the RE6 fangirls. You're all the bastard children of the Resident Evil franchise.

SumDrunkGuy

agentorange, you're more than welcome to come in here and voice your opinion. You clearly disagree with me, so maybe stop being a bitch and do something other than rating my posts.

edit

Punk ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 7219

I enjoyed Alien Isolation a lot. The only real negative for me is that it's too long for a horror game. It would have been better had they trimmed 20-30% off of it.

The length was perfect. Actually, maybe not. I wish it was longer.

Ever since I first saw Alien I've wanted to experience that universe in game format. Along came Alien Isolation and finally I could.

Now I want more.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't remember Dead Space ever having a stalker enemy. The second game sort of had one I think, but I don't recall it showing up until the near the very end.

It definitely had an invincible enemy who chased you and you eventually froze in ice or something. Maybe it was DS2 but I thought sure it was 1? I dunno, I need to replay those soon.

Adon

Arcane
Yes, DS1 has an enemy with regenerative capabilities that chases you for a small period of time. He shows up in 2-3 different instances iirc.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I've reached the point where the only games that I'd be interested in playing are remakes. What a world.
How's this re3 for someone who didn't play the original (or the original re2) but really enjoyed re1 and nu-re2 ?

Asking since I wouldn't really be affected by the game being short or parts from the original story missing. I really liked the other two because of inventory management, progression planning & deadly oppositions.

It definitely had an invincible enemy who chased you and you eventually froze in ice or something. Maybe it was DS2 but I thought sure it was 1? I dunno, I need to replay those soon.

DS1 had it in two levels. First time you end up freezing him and it gets transported to another place, few levels later you get to kill him.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I loved Alien: Isolation, but to suggest that Resident Evil should be more like A:I is promoting a departure from the series' roots just as egregious as turning it into a cover shooter. If RE2R Mr. X was a dynamic barrier you had to think your way around, he was done exactly right, even if that's not your favorite type of video game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I loved Alien: Isolation, but to suggest that Resident Evil should be more like A:I is promoting a departure from the series' roots just as egregious as turning it into a cover shooter. If RE2R Mr. X was a dynamic barrier you had to think your way around, he was done exactly right, even if that's not your favorite type of video game.

This will get me into trouble again but I don't really care about the series roots, you know? I care about enjoying the game I'm playing. If they made Deus Ex into a pure FPS it would depress me because I love immersive sims, not because Deus Ex should or should not be a specific thing. Alien Isolation is twice as good as any RE game, IMO (though I haven't played 7, which is funny since it seems the most Alien Isolation in style. I need more days).

Adon

Arcane
Man, when I say the dodge in this game is good, I mean it's stupid good that it makes Nemesis look like a chump.

Also, remember when beating Nemesis was an arduous trial that was its own reward? Not in here it isn't. Just chuck a grenade at him, and get your goodies!

Keep in mind that this is in "Hardcore"

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This will get me into trouble again but I don't really care about the series roots, you know? I care about enjoying the game I'm playing. If they made Deus Ex into a pure FPS it would depress me because I love immersive sims, not because Deus Ex should or should not be a specific thing. Alien Isolation is twice as good as any RE game, IMO (though I haven't played 7, which is funny since it seems the most Alien Isolation in style. I need more days).
You're entitled to that opinion. Just like you enjoy immersive sims, some of us enjoy classic survival horror. Turning Resident Evil into a stealth game, even an awesome stealth game, means it is no longer survival horror.
In your example, turning Deus Ex into a good first-person shooter would still be a sad day for you, right? So you should understand where survival horror fans are coming from here, even if you're not one.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
How's this re3 for someone who didn't play the original (or the original re2) but really enjoyed re1 and nu-re2 ?

This game is more like a brand new game based on the concepts and story of the original than a faithful recreation as a remake. I think is good, I had fun with it, but not as good as the last year game. But as I said, is a different game from the original. The events, the levels layout and even the game style are different. As a game I think it works as an add-on to REmake 2, as a remake it can be severely disappointing or not depending of your expectations.

JDR13

Arcane

Yes, DS1 has an enemy with regenerative capabilities that chases you for a small period of time. He shows up in 2-3 different instances iirc.

DS1 had it in two levels. First time you end up freezing him and it gets transported to another place, few levels later you get to kill him.

You guys are referring to The Regenerator. (Yeah, not the most original name, but that's what it was called.) I hated that fucking thing, but I guess that was the whole point.

maxresdefault.jpg

The one in Dead Space 2 was called the Ubermorph.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cromwell

Arcane
I didnt get the problem with nemesis, didnt he also only appear in scripted sequenzes in the original? Of course you did not know when that would be but that aside he didnt hunt you down.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You're entitled to that opinion. Just like you enjoy immersive sims, some of us enjoy classic survival horror. Turning Resident Evil into a stealth game, even an awesome stealth game, means it is no longer survival horror.
In your example, turning Deus Ex into a good first-person shooter would still be a sad day for you, right? So you should understand where survival horror fans are coming from here, even if you're not one.

Here's the distinction I'm trying to make... I would hope it was an immersive sim, because there's not a ton of them, and would be disappointed if it was not. However if it was a great FPS, I would still say "this is a great FPS, I enjoyed it." I wouldn't say it's a bad game because it's not the same thing as before, which is what soooooo many do (not just with games but with movies and such). I actually really liked what RE was before, the first one's remake is still probably my favorite of the series. If they make a great first-person fantasy horror game or whatever though, it's still a great game, no matter what's on the title screen.

Zombra

Patron
Here's the distinction I'm trying to make... I would hope it was an immersive sim, because there's not a ton of them, and would be disappointed if it was not. However if it was a great FPS, I would still say "this is a great FPS, I enjoyed it." I wouldn't say it's a bad game because it's not the same thing as before, which is what soooooo many do (not just with games but with movies and such). I actually really liked what RE was before, the first one's remake is still probably my favorite of the series. If they make a great first-person fantasy horror game or whatever though, it's still a great game, no matter what's on the title screen.
We're in agreement, but let me ask you this: should the Deus Ex series (assuming it was to continue) stop making immersive sims and make first-person shooters instead? What would you say if that decision was made?

To be clear, my initial post was in response to someone (someone who derided others for not being "series faithful", mind you) saying RE3R should have gone more in the direction of Isolation than it did. That is what I fervently disagree with.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
We're in agreement, but let me ask you this: should the Deus Ex series (assuming it was to continue) stop making immersive sims and make first-person shooters instead? What would you say if that decision was made?

To be clear, my initial post was in response to someone (someone who derided others for not being "series faithful", mind you) saying RE3R should have gone more in the direction of Isolation than it did. That is what I fervently disagree with.

Sure, I think they should stay within the realm of the series in a general sense ideally. Though a big problem is different people have different ideas of what that means. This is the Codex, so it wouldn't take long to find a post that insisted changing some armor stat dynamic ruined a series and betrayed everything that came before. For me personally though, it's about the real essence of the series. Fallout: New Vegas is, as it always is, a great example. How much more radically different from Fallout 1 and 2 could you be really, but at the end of the day it feels like Fallout 3 to me. Same world, same tone, same essence... just a different perspective and combat style. From what I have read RE7 changed a lot but felt a lot more like Resident Evil for most people than 5-6 did, right?

Though, to be clear, even if a game betrayed all that... was RE in name only, and felt completely different... if it was still a good game all on its own, I'd still say it's a good game.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Though, to be clear, even if a game betrayed all that... was RE in name only, and felt completely different... if it was still a good game all on its own, I'd still say it's a good game.

But at the same time, as a fan of the series you'd definitely not like it fundamentally despite it being a good game.

Doom Eternal is a good game but I fundamentally dislike it because it's such a poor excuse for a Doom game as it encompasses very little of what made the original Doom games so great and replayable. Same deal here with REmake 3. If you want a game that is a fun distraction for a few hours and goes from one action phase to another then yes you will like this game. But as a Resident Evil game, and a remake of one at that, it's a poor entry.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
But at the same time, as a fan of the series you'd definitely not like it fundamentally despite it being a good game.

I mean, me saying the complete opposite of this is my entire point. I like good games. If game = good, then game = good. I might say "man it's a shame we don't get good X, Y or Z" games anymore. I might long for what might have been. But at the end of the day I enjoy good games, and the name on the box doesn't make something not good.

I understand this isn't how people usually are on the internet, but I'm pretty white bread otherwise so I'll take this one and make myself feel special.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom