Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Amazing Fantastics is Final Fantasy Meets DC and Marvel

The Amazing Fantastics demo is

• 5/5, great

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 4/5, good

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3/5, meh

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 2/5, bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5, terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just had an idea, wanted some feedback, especially from those of you who have played the game already (mediocrepoet, Abu Antar, PulsatingBrain). To add more spice to the combat, I was thinking of adding a Formation mechanic in an update. This will give effects that apply to the entire team, sometimes depending on where each character is positioned on the field. You'll be able to change your formation on the fly.

Examples:

Standard Formation - no added effects
Attack Formation - adds 10% attack to all heroes
SYNC Formation - team moves build 10% faster
Endurance Formation - all special moves cost 10% less to use

And then there will be some more in-depth ones:

Healing Formation - healing items and special moves used by character in 2nd battle position restore 30% more
Guardian Formation - damage done to character in 2nd battle position is passed onto characters in 1st and 3rd positions
Etc.

In addition to this, I'm going to add a second equipment slot for each character.

What do you guys think?

I think those both sound like good ideas. Perhaps the formations might also have a trade off like focusing on attack reduces defense, etc.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey Bruce, I had some more time to kick around in the game (I had put it down for a bit to finish my run through in Pathfinder Kingmaker which takes forever).

Now that I understand some of your interface and commands better, I find navigation much less frustrating, although I still think the in game map is a good idea for learning the city layout and for quests that don't use yellow arrows to help guide you. Now that I have a bit of an idea of how the city is laid out between looking at the map you posted and playing a bit more, I generally navigate by memory like you'd intended.

One thing I thought was interesting is that there are a few UI elements I didn't notice at first, and I don't recall if the tutorials spelled them out and I'm just a moron / forgot because I put the game down for a few weeks.
1) The different coloured arrows for police scanner random encounters and at least some of the quests which makes navigation far easier.
2) That there's a "more" option on the bottom of at least some combat screens like the items menu, which if not used, may make one or more side quests very difficult.
3) That side quests are accepted through the quest log menu rather than automatically accepted from the prompt/conversation, etc.

I'm looking forward to the additional options you're thinking of adding and I'm still really enjoying the presentation of everything. I think that's the main selling point of the game, personally.

EDIT: I also meant to ask: I haven't looked at the abilities *that* closely, but on Singe for instance, why would anyone use fireball instead of pummel? They cost the same amount of MP and have the same attack power and are single target abilities, but pummel has a chance to stun whereas fireball is just straight damage. If you ever do a sequel or overhaul this one, you might consider adjusting costs or damage for abilities with add-ons unless there's some sort of modifier for elemental vs. physical damage or something that I'm simply unaware of.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some thoughts.

+music is good
+Exploration is decent
+I like the pixel graphics

-Things just seem to happen
-When I exit combat, the zoom level changes
-The exp ring after combat is slow

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
EDIT: I also meant to ask: I haven't looked at the abilities *that* closely, but on Singe for instance, why would anyone use fireball instead of pummel? They cost the same amount of MP and have the same attack power and are single target abilities, but pummel has a chance to stun whereas fireball is just straight damage. If you ever do a sequel or overhaul this one, you might consider adjusting costs or damage for abilities with add-ons unless there's some sort of modifier for elemental vs. physical damage or something that I'm simply unaware of.

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this. Thanks for the feedback! To answer your question, fireball does fire-type damage which does 1.4x damage to ice and plant-type enemies. In the ice cave at the beginning for example this comes in handy.

An here's the trailer for version 1.2. It would have been done sooner but FF7 got in the way.

New features:
  • New Formation mechanic
  • You can equip 2 items instead of just 1
  • There's a display added to the character cards on the battle screen to show your characters' buffs, debuffs, and status effects, and how many more turns the effects will last

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Added another new mechanic to spice up combat.

Enemies that are continuously attacked may reach Break status, where they'll take more damage and be unable to act for a few turns.

PgVR1CB.gif

I've had this idea for a while but after seeing the way FF7 Remake implemented it I decided to add something similar.

As far as mechanics I think I've added enough now to make combat more interesting, if not I'm open to more ideas. I have another update planned where you'll be able to play as any hero in the overworld and in dungeons, instead of just Singe.

If this game flops I will try OnlyFans.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Anyway, these seem like cool additions. Are you working on new episodes or are you waiting to see how the first one does?

I have all the episodes planned out but I don't have the budget to get the sprites, music, etc., done. I have to recoup some first. Thankfully the first episode wasn't overly expensive to make so the sales threshold I need to hit is very doable.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn't realize this is released already. Bought.

Hopefully, you find success with this. Superheroes themed RPG is a rarity.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I dont think there is as much overlap between SNES JRPG fans and capeshit fans as you think there is.
But godspeed to you, your game looks really appealing from an art/Ui standpoint.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
We're 50% off on Steam right now. Also, for the next two weeks, anyone who leaves us a review will have the chance to be made into an NPC for Issue 2.

Since launch we added several new gameplay mechanics (Codex had the best feedback, thanks guys), and our most recent update added the ability to play as any hero in your party in dungeons and in the overworld instead of being limited to just Singe. Each hero has their own leader perk (Singe can get around maps super fast with superspeed, Vipera can cloak, Gunslinger can fly to reach hidden areas of the map, etc.)

just

Liturgist
hzdlse.png

stopped reading at the second tag and bought it.
i've only finished the first part and there's a 2 man party(male), guards(male) and dogs(i will assume male).
so i thought oooh, it's that kind of a game. but surprisingly enough(it's in jrpg section after all) i was not molested by dogs/guards nor did i find an option to molest them. does sexual content come later?
i do hope there are women(female) in game and that i dont need to defeat the final boss for a handjob.

other than that, it's a fun game so far. would like to see character creator at some point. including the dick size slider coz thats the norm now.
also camera resets each time you exit the battle.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
hzdlse.png

stopped reading at the second tag and bought it.
i've only finished the first part and there's a 2 man party(male), guards(male) and dogs(i will assume male).
so i thought oooh, it's that kind of a game. but surprisingly enough(it's in jrpg section after all) i was not molested by dogs/guards nor did i find an option to molest them. does sexual content come later?
i do hope there are women(female) in game and that i dont need to defeat the final boss for a handjob.

other than that, it's a fun game so far. would like to see character creator at some point. including the dick size slider coz thats the norm now.
also camera resets each time you exit the battle.

Lol sorry, Steam auto-tagged that because there's a few scenes with a stripper and one where she steps on a guy's nuts (don't kink-shame).

If you drop a review on our Steam page I'll send you hentai of one of our characters (take your pick).

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Oh you added formations? Gonna pick this up now.

Thanks!

It's a lot of fun working on this so keep the feedback coming, I'm always down to add new features, quality of life changes, etc.

Also, don't forget that we're picking folks to be NPCs, so for all you guys who already bought the game you might as well drop a review on our Steam page for a chance to be in Issue 2. We're gonna choose about 5 people so you have a good chance at being picked.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Our sale ends tonight. I'm giving away a few copies on Steam over the next few hours so message me if you want one.

I just ask that you only ask for a copy if this game looks like your cup of tea and that you leave a review after you've played it (reviews help our sales).

Arthandas

Liturgist
If you drop a review on our Steam page I'll send you hentai
JRPG section in a nutshell :)

From the look of the screens I think the game is worth it just for the pixel art alone. The 2d portraits (like the 8th screen on Steam) look pretty meh in comparison though.

Our sale ends tonight. I'm giving away a few copies on Steam over the next few hours so message me if you want one.]

Does your offer still stand? I'll send you hentai ;)

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Some nice ideas, complimented by some brilliant sprite & artwork. But sadly the game itself is pretty dull, with really lacklustre and bland level design.

Battles are a bit fiddly, as are some of the menu selections in general, and overall I got annoyed + bored fairly quickly.

Shame, coz I like a lot of what the game promises.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Some nice ideas, complimented by some brilliant sprite & artwork. But sadly the game itself is pretty dull, with really lacklustre and bland level design.

Battles are a bit fiddly, as are some of the menu selections in general, and overall I got annoyed + bored fairly quickly.

Hey, I sent you a message and a friend request on Steam about a week ago. We just dropped an update a few days back and are always working on more, so if you're down to chat I'm all ears for detailed suggestions.

Falksi

Arcane

Hey, I sent you a message and a friend request on Steam about a week ago. We just dropped an update a few days back and are always working on more, so if you're down to chat I'm all ears for detailed suggestions.

Yes mate, I replied on Steam shortly after :)

You're better off inboxing me on here. I don't log on to Steam every day, whereas I do come on here most days

just

Liturgist

whats in the update

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Yes mate, I replied on Steam shortly after :)

You're better off inboxing me on here. I don't log on to Steam every day, whereas I do come on here most days

Sorry, I missed it! Just inboxed you.

whats in the update

We spruced up the opening dungeon by adding traps and also added a new camera and sound effects to battles to spice them up a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom