Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Butter

Arcane
Patron
There's a lot more new players should know about before starting. Like how to avoid a lot of the pointless bits and how to set up the UI, auto-pause and such in order to not tear their hair out.
Nah, the Ultimate is more important for beginners.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

The most compelling feature of that photograph (one might say Kurosawa in general) is doing the West better than the West. In the case of the pic, style (grooming, fashion, expression).

The Poz: hurr, durr, check out the Nip collar to hint at our totally sophisticated Mifsune reference as we trans this shit up to the current year.

Desiderius

Patron
I mean, English Lit (the discipline) were the ones who put Tolkien's beloved Philology against the wall and ignominiously shot it in the back of the head so fuck them, but English Literature the thing is at the heart of the greatest civilization (yet, of course) in human history.

Defaming that is what got us the SJW takeover.

Desiderius

Patron
Don't sell yourself short, Infinitron. You're ready to have some independent thoughts of your own now. Try it, you might like it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Exactly Delt, we should all be exquisitely butthurt at the double vandalization of our glorious civilization and its culture. Likely irreparable at this point, though there's still a Fool's hope. If not there's Han Globiana to look forward to. We always were a better underdog.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, thank you for caring Free_Kaner, I am absolutely, positively butthurt about the unadulterated Decline anyone can clearly see by comparing the photo on the right and that on the left in the Sawyer tweet Infinitron posted. The Hiravias freckle-face is the last straw - the eyes are the only redeeming feature.

The only question is why you're not.

And Infinitron original thought is what Autism is for. Many such cases.

Doma

Augur
After the planecrash of a BG3-announcement, I actually returned to this for the first time since release. Now with all DLCs and patches.

And you know what? I am having a swell time!

That is all.

Desiderius

Patron
After the planecrash of a BG3-announcement, I actually returned to this for the first time since release. Now with all DLCs and patches.

And you know what? I am having a swell time!

That is all.

Decent to good game that should have been great. My Chanter/Paladin playthrough creeps forward through the Neketaka errand-running. Getting the feeling they sacrificed replayability for the feeling of the perfect first playthrough that the facerollers seem to expect.

The game reminds me of going back to grad school in my thirties. So much potential wasted on philosophical/theological wild goose chases, reinventing wheels outside their core competencies, and pushing the Poz/kowtowing to the SJWs.

All culminating in an exhausted nihilism as embodied in Eder's companion quest.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fun fact: in turn based mode spell durations - and effects - have been compressed into rounds. Maybe obvious, but makes a world of difference in case of all the ray-type spells (probably walls also; plus most DOT's - but many of them ticked 3 seconds), which used to tick every second for 10 seconds. Well, most of them only last 1 round now - and their entire previous damage over time is compressed into this single round and 2 ticks (3 in case of Bitter Mooring) - when it starts and when it ends.
It creates a bit weird situation where the ray spells are the best nukes now, by far. Although tricky to use, with very short range and difficult to affect several enemies (unless you bunch them with some Pull of Eora and immobilization before, I guess), Ray of Fire doing 50 damage at PL2 (twice!) and Ninagauth's Death Ray doing over 100 damage at PL3 (again, twice!) is just crazy compared with the alternatives!

Well, its pretty fun playing a bloodmage nuker in turn-based Deadfire. Although some enemies are unpleasantly grindy.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
No one answered my question, so I guess they're done with patching and the bug with neutrals turning hostile in tb remains? Bit of a shame, attempting rtwp again doesn't interest me all that much.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No one answered my question, so I guess they're done with patching and the bug with neutrals turning hostile in tb remains? Bit of a shame, attempting rtwp again doesn't interest me all that much.

Don't think its fixed. But perhaps intentional? Town guards intervening in case of trouble?

Yesterday I also had some trouble with this, while going for the Admiral Imp bounty in the harbor next to the tavern.
Eventually I managed not to provoke the guards by fighting exclusively from the pier where most of the xaurips stand.

I think it's possible the guards only intervene in case fighting happens within their sight cones (and/or hearing radius?). Need to be carefull, as they march along their patrol routes.
Civilians were scared, laying on the ground and screaming, but the guards remained neutral.

Earlier I decided to solve the drunk sailors quest peacefully for once (it includes several options). Only needed to buff my pickpocket a little, to steal the Shrimp's ring first.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's obviously not intentional and I do believe it was acknowledged as a bug when I first looked it up on obsidian forums. I tried the imp fight like a dozen times before ragequitting and I assume it would be a problem in many other quests, too. I'm too ocd for this shit unfortunately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom