Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Holy crap, i keep getting invaded. Had no idea people still played this i though everybody moved to DS3. Tried to do do some coop and got summoned four times too. Wow.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Even Sekiro isn't a challenge for me anymore. DSIII is the only one I haven't finished yet because I get bored and uninstall every time I try. Three fucking times now. :lol: I'm not even sure why, it seems like I should like it well enough but it doesn't excite me anywhere near as much as DS, DSII or Sekiro did. I keep telling myself I'll finish it one of these days anyway.
Now try Sekiro no kuro charm......
joking, don't do it, it is frustrating as hell.
Btw i think
Old Isshin and Isshin Ashina
are the hardest bosses of all souls, if sekiro can be considered one. Only boss that gave me so much trouble in DS1 was kalameet

Btw i think
are the hardest bosses of all souls, if sekiro can be considered one. Only boss that gave me so much trouble in DS1 was kalameet

To me it was Demon of Hatred, but it's a bullshit fight and good thing it's optional. I never could be arsed to git gud at that one. But rest of the bosses? I loved fighting over and over absolute majority of them.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Btw i think

To me it was Demon of Hatred, but it's a bullshit fight and good thing it's optional. I never could be arsed to git gud at that one. But rest of the bosses? I loved fighting over and over absolute majority of them.
yeah its bullshit because it is a DS boss put in a game that teach you to fight in a completely different way

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Holy crap, i keep getting invaded. Had no idea people still played this i though everybody moved to DS3. Tried to do do some coop and got summoned four times too. Wow.
That sounds great.

Hopefully it wasn't just twinks, and actual people having fun.

Half of them were twinks, half of them were scrubs. One of them invaded me AFTER i helped him kill the spider Queen lmao.

BTW, i'm playing some faith based build and i'm not sure i'm getting how i can save the vendor, Rhea. She went to the Catacombs already can i kill the fat priest now or i have to save her first and THEN kill him, or does he come by himself? Even the wikis give me contradictory information. I know if i killed him before she went to the Catacombs she'd turn hostile but can i do it now that she left already, so that i can take my sweet time to save her without having to worry about getting a nasty surprise on my way out of the Tomb of Giants?

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho yes, btw, managed to get 10 ranks in the Sun covenant for the greater light spear, which means a total of 9 summons so far. Takes a while, couple times almost 15 minutes but they happen. Wanna see when i get to Anor Londo (for the record, i'm indicting every single invader we'll see about griefing me when i get in the Dark Moon shit lul, figgits) if it's as busy there as i remember. Ho, i guess i can try to the forest too now since i don't need to be in the Sun guild anymore.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
BTW, i'm playing some faith based build and i'm not sure i'm getting how i can save the vendor, Rhea. She went to the Catacombs already can i kill the fat priest now or i have to save her first and THEN kill him, or does he come by himself?
Save Rhea, by killing her hollowed guards. If you speak to her in the Parish, but fail to kill Petrus right away, I think it's 2 area transitions max, she dies.

Theoretically, you could kill Petrus at any time, but that is literally the last moment. You gain a sin either way.

Also... being a cop is fun, but if you want to take full advantage of the "lightsaber", you need a very specific build.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So basically i can kill him now, or do i have to wait to save her first? Not sure why people would wait to do that, and risk losing her, when they can get rid of the guy as soon as she leaves for the Catacombs. UNLESS she still turns hostile and you have to wait to save her first. This is what i'm not getting.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is good to wait until he comes back saying "I've lost m'lady" or something. Paraphrasing. Otherwise it can break the quest. People like to wait, because it makes them feel like heroes. It's also the reason why some don't buy everything she sells, just she won't go Duke's. Roleplaying. And also because if you're playing Dark Wraith, she has a TON of humanity you can drain her of.

Fun stuff.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, let's say i go to the Tomb of Giants, save her, then when i get out do i go to her or to the guy first?

The_Mask

Patron
Alright, let's say i go to the Tomb of Giants, save her, then when i get out do i go to her or to the guy first?
I usually kill Petrus first, because at that moment he outlived his usefulness (he also charges more for spells, the fucking greedy bastard). You can definitely go talk to Rhea, and kill Petrus right after too, if that is what you wish. It writes better as a story.

If you want to keep her, however, no area titles should be on your screen between them regardless of the order.

So, in summary, just kill him as soon as you can.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Started playing this game again, been years figured it's time to give it another spin, and... it's like i never stopped playing it i remember everything down to the last detail. I thought especially with my memory being shit i'd be able to get another "fresh" experience but nope, my brain has retained everything and the game just feels so much smaller from the first time i played it. Fug. You had one job memory loss.

You could try DS2

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If you want to keep her, however, no area titles should be on your screen between them regardless of the order.

Yeah but she is in the parish church, so i have to go from firelink to there, that's a loading area hurr durr this fucking game.

The_Mask

Patron

Yeah but she is in the parish church, so i have to go from firelink to there, that's a loading area hurr durr this fucking game.
It won't be a title screen on, as far as I remember, because it only shows Firelink when you go close to the bonfire. Just kill the dude and be done with it. :)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

It won't be a title screen on, as far as I remember, because it only shows Firelink when you go close to the bonfire. Just kill the dude and be done with it. :)

Well, killed him, then breezed through the Catacombs, slapped Pinwheel like a bitch, then got curb stomped into oblivion by the giant skellies in Tomb of Giant lmao. Time to pump sta a bit more i guess.

The_Mask

Patron
If you're sporting a shield, then sure. If you're going for a PvP build, it might be a bit of a stat waste. Depends on what you're going for. Also depends on your STR - because it allows you to wear different shields that have different weights.

I gather you have 30 FTH, but I don't know much else.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So far i got this:

Vit 16
Att 12
Sta 24 (green shield kept me alive so far)
Str 16
Dex 14
Faith 30

Rest whatever Cleric started with.

16 Str because Claymore and 14 Dex because of that Balder sword. Was going to 50 faith just for that pure Cleric roal playing. Yes split damage kind of sucks but i can save some points compared to 27\40\30 str\dex\fth that i can put into vit, plus i'm going to use a +15 weapon with the buff on top of my enchanted weapon (divine again for RP no Occult for me), but for now i'll keep fth at 30 in case i change my mind.

The_Mask

Patron
For 16 STR, 14 DEX the Flamberge is better. Also has bleed damage.

FTH damage increase for more than 30 is marginal. But I guess as a cop, you get a bit more damage because of the talisman, but you need 40 FTH for that.

And for the Darkmoon Blade, you need to farm crows, or sinners. Neither of those things require a stat increase. :P

I'm just trying to help BTW. I hope I don't come across as condescending. I love this game and builds in it. :)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, it seems viable for PvP, though i'm not sure how strong it is really:

PvE is all about gitting gud so it doesn't matter if i sacrifice some efficiency. Still have time to change my mind and stick to 30 faith, i'm early in the process.

The only caveat is that i went for 40 str and 40 dex the last time i played it so this time i wanted to try something different. If i keep 30 fth it's gonna be too similar to my last build especially since i'm going to use the Claymore again (that thing is just too good, plus it looks knewl on the paladin armor which is what i plan to use, at least for PvE. Last time i had the Elite Knight armor all the way to the end).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If i go 50 faith i might take this to NG+. Wonder how that is. Not sure i like the idea of starting over with every item and every upgrade in my stash.

Started playing this game again, been years figured it's time to give it another spin, and... it's like i never stopped playing it i remember everything down to the last detail. I thought especially with my memory being shit i'd be able to get another "fresh" experience but nope, my brain has retained everything and the game just feels so much smaller from the first time i played it. Fug. You had one job memory loss.

You could try DS2

Guess i could, after this. And DS3 after that.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
If i go 50 faith i might take this to NG+. Wonder how that is. Not sure i like the idea of starting over with every item and every upgrade in my stash.

You could try DS2

Guess i could, after this. And DS3 after that.
Have you ever played DS3 ? Because you really seem to be enjoying DS1, it's really not the same game. I did enjoy it (a bit) and I finished it more than once. I consider myself having played enough (almost 200h ?) to judge it accordingly: it's not as good. It's like a parody of DS1. If you haven't played DS3 and are looking to get your DS1 fix by playing it, then don't. If you just want another game, especially for the PVP and "build" aspect, then yes go ahead.

Regarding your lack of light (or fun) in the Tomb of Giants, there is three options: spell (oolacile), necromancer's head or just plain old walking in the dark. The last option makes it more challenging. There is always the option of asking for help. If you play Remastered PC I can come.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom