Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

vazha

Arcane
Well, my guess is that he was behind this charade of constitutional changes designed to make Vova able to run for presidency again, and since it's done & wrapped up, MAYBE HE'LL FEEL A LITUL SHAMEFACED SOMETIME NOW AND COME AND DO WHAT HIS REAL FUCKING CALLING IS? EH, Grimwulf ?

Q1B6vL2.png

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
I've just realised.
Illustrated Chronicle of Redlabored said:
On the picture is the image of sick dwarves. The dwarves are dying. On the picture is the image of a dwarf. The dwarf is chewing something awful. The artwork is related to a mischief caused by bat.
Goddamn social commentary. It's everywhere these days! :outrage:

Cael

Arcane
Man, I am glad I have a few hundred bars of soap to clean up them blood :D

8 years into the game, I have had about 12-20 forgotten beast appear. One of the first is still around, throwing fireballs as things and burning up half the first cavern before disappearing into the dark. Another just appeared, a big ass tick with wings and poisonous bite. The others?

3 were killed by another forgotten beast (well, one of them was made of snow, so it was basically sneezed on and turned into a puddle of water).

The rest were killed by magma crabs. I kid you not. There are two fumaroles in the third layer right next to each other and the FBs love to dance on its edge. The crabs come up, spat at them, and they dodge right into the magma. It was pretty hilarious.

But what I really want to show was this:

DF-Stores.png

I really don't know what to do with them...

EDIT: Dear Lord. Less than 5 minutes after I wrote that, the FB tick got into a fight with a magma crab and rolled into the magma. This one kicked the magma crab to death before the magma dissolved it. No corpse left.

Last edited:

Radech

Augur
DF-Stores.png

I usually trade my food surplus for high value leather and instruments/books because I can't be bothered to make them. Also afaik the seed cap for each plant is 200 or so, so you have a tonne of different seeds you're probably not replanting, you can cook/mill/press some of them into various things or just dump them in magma. As for the drinks you could try hiring more entertainers in your taverns as they seem to make your dwarfs drink more and as an added bonus, poison any non-dwarf loiterers.

Cael

Arcane
DF-Stores.png

I usually trade my food surplus for high value leather and instruments/books because I can't be bothered to make them. Also afaik the seed cap for each plant is 200 or so, so you have a tonne of different seeds you're probably not replanting, you can cook/mill/press some of them into various things or just dump them in magma. As for the drinks you could try hiring more entertainers in your taverns as they seem to make your dwarfs drink more and as an added bonus, poison any non-dwarf loiterers.
I have been buying entire caravans with a few barrels of food. I have 5 caravans of humans, 2 dwarves and 4 elves coming every year, and the supplies are growing rather than reducing. I blame the dwarf caravans, who bring in tons of food, which I compulsively get, cook and clog up my food stores :D

It is a vicious kapitalist cycle: buy raw food, cook, sell at a premium, buy more raw food...

Cael

Arcane
12-20 forgotten beast appear.
magma crabs
Wtf guy living in Australia New Guinea gets Australian wildlife.
DF-wombats.png
This is too much of a coincidence. This is likely elfish tricks. Beware.
I can't escape from Australia even in a game :D The world conspires to remind me: You live in the most dangerous continent on the planet. Suck it up, boy! You ain't going' nowhere!

Radech

Augur
It is a vicious kapitalist cycle: buy raw food, cook, sell at a premium, buy more raw food...

Did that a couple times and then I almost had a tantrum spiral when it lay rotting in my kitchen area. Now I just "sell" whatever I want to get rid off and buy whatever strikes my fancy at exorbitant prices. The human caravan is almost entirely full of leather and I buy any kind of high value pelt so most of my bags are made from giant lion fur, also cheese basically anything with a non-automatable supply chain : P

Aren't you running into some pretty shitty fps with all that junk lying around?

Cael

Arcane

Did that a couple times and then I almost had a tantrum spiral when it lay rotting in my kitchen area. Now I just "sell" whatever I want to get rid off and buy whatever strikes my fancy at exorbitant prices. The human caravan is almost entirely full of leather and I buy any kind of high value pelt so most of my bags are made from giant lion fur, also cheese basically anything with a non-automatable supply chain : P

Aren't you running into some pretty shitty fps with all that junk lying around?
The animals are far worse, but yes, the FPS is not pretty. I am trying to slaughter them all, resulting in the 1400 meat pieces lying around, despite 10 kitchens and 4 stills going full bore.

Radech

Augur
The animals are far worse, but yes, the FPS is not pretty. I am trying to slaughter them all, resulting in the 1400 meat pieces lying around, despite 10 kitchens and 4 stills going full bore.

Yeah my fortress has sadly gone full chink after after a cursplosion started bringing my fps into to single digits, I'm back into the 30's now that I've locked them into a room with butcher's workshops and farmer's workshops for fast gelding and it's slowly going down. But I'm considering expanding my magma trash disposal system to include pets because can you really abide your dwarves feasting on masterwork cur brain cake...

Cael

Arcane

Yeah my fortress has sadly gone full chink after after a cursplosion started bringing my fps into to single digits, I'm back into the 30's now that I've locked them into a room with butcher's workshops and farmer's workshops for fast gelding and it's slowly going down. But I'm considering expanding my magma trash disposal system to include pets because can you really abide your dwarves feasting on masterwork cur brain cake...
Some people are content with war dogs. Me?
DF-giant-jaguars.png

And the other reason I am killing off most of my livestock:
DF-rutherers.png

Radech

Augur
Nice all the elves have given me so far is a breeding pair of Giant Kestrels, which at least help my hunters to clear the skies. The Rutherers look nice, I'm hoping to get some beefy breedable animals so I can try out some mega necrobacon with my captured necromancers, who has been stuck in cages since the first year... I've kinda been ignoring the caverns though, I embarked in a savage tropical biome hoping for some Giant Rhinoceros but so far no dice, all I get is swarms of buzzards...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom