Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

jungl

Augur
Aaaand it looks like a psp jrpg title in quality with upscaled textures.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I hope you can still do crazy Materia set ups, that was part of what I really liked about FF7 back then. The story was fine, music was good and catchy, Tifa had huge tits, but it was the Materia system that made it all worthwhile.

Oh wait it's console exclusive isn't it? Nevermind, WON'T BE BUYING. GOT NO PS4 LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
those textures look shockingly bad. also the typical unreal engine 4 texture streaming issues strike again... very bad.

Gaylord III

Literate
So it's about 40 hours long and fans will have to wait until next year for part 2 according to some estimates. The series has never had particularly good writing but I guess this marks a new low.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder how will the pacing be if Midgar only is 40 hours. Unless they are really remaking the whole plot points. Midgar IIRC is, what? The first 15ish hours of Disc 1?

This remake is supposed to be only 3 parts right? I can't really imagine them putting the rest of the content into two games without cutting lot of things.

Vatnik Wumao
I wonder how will the pacing be if Midgar only is 40 hours. Unless they are really remaking the whole plot points. Midgar IIRC is, what? The first 15ish hours of Disc 1?

This remake is supposed to be only 3 parts right? I can't really imagine them putting the rest of the content into two games without cutting lot of things.

Midgar is around 6 hours of disc 1. Some reviewers have said that the remake has extended Midgar by padding dungeons, some which are now double in length and adding Dragon Age Inquisition style busy work.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Midgar is around 6 hours of disc 1.

Definitely not that short if you are treating it as a new game. If you are on 2nd or 3rd play-through I can understand as you know exactly what to and where and when.

Some reviewers have said that the remake has extended Midgar by padding dungeons, some which are now double in length and adding Dragon Age Inquisition style busy work.

Now they did say they are expanding stuff, whatever that means. I honestly don't mind having new characters and happenings around Midgar. Now the problem is what they will do on the rest of the 2 remake games. If they are cutting stuff I am still trying to remember what could be cut without harming the narrative. I guess the whole Cosmo Canyon stuff can be skipped without much plot effect?

Vatnik Wumao
Midgar is around 6 hours of disc 1.

Definitely not that short if you are treating it as a new game. If you are on 2nd or 3rd play-through I can understand as you know exactly what to and where and when.

Some reviewers have said that the remake has extended Midgar by padding dungeons, some which are now double in length and adding Dragon Age Inquisition style busy work.

Now they did say they are expanding stuff, whatever that means. I honestly don't mind having new characters and happenings around Midgar. Now the problem is what they will do on the rest of the 2 remake games. If they are cutting stuff I am still trying to remember what could be cut without harming the narrative. I guess the whole Cosmo Canyon stuff can be skipped without much plot effect?

They have changed the plot and added in a time travelling element where Cloud and Co "defy fate". The remaining games will probably have a wildly different direction.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I can't really imagine them putting the rest of the content into two games without cutting lot of things.

They're not going to. That's the real reason they forced this time-travel/alternate dimension hopping stuff into the game, it's so that they have complete carte blanche for parts 2 and 3.

Dyskolos

Cipher
I need a review from someone who played but has basically no memory of the original and whose main concern is whether the game is playable enough to grant distraction from quarantine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom